Windows 10: night light greyed out? Stopped working

Discus and support night light greyed out? Stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I upgraded to creator update and tried the night light function once and it worked. Today it is greyed out and can not be enabled, anyone had this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cixoos, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Cixoos Win User

night light greyed out? Stopped working

So I upgraded to creator update and tried the night light function once and it worked. Today it is greyed out and can not be enabled, anyone had this issue?

:)

Cixoos, Apr 7, 2017
  2. PanchitoG Win User

Night light (Blue light) setting is disabled (greyed Out)

Thank you, it did work

PanchitoG, Apr 7, 2017
  3. sujaysp05 Win User
    Night light (Blue light) setting is disabled (greyed Out)

It worked for me. Thankx a lot.

sujaysp05, Apr 7, 2017
  4. night light greyed out? Stopped working

me too, it's totally greyed out
    night light greyed out? Stopped working [​IMG]

anhbobom0000, Apr 8, 2017
  5. figgyc Win User
    I have the same issue

figgyc, Apr 8, 2017
  6. It might be a driver related issue, make sure, you have all drivers updated, particularly GPU.

You can try f.lux to see, if the driver still allows you to change colour's warmth.

TairikuOkami, Apr 8, 2017
  7. figgyc Win User
    Yeah I can't install the driver (see this post). I suspect a lot of people have the same problem.

figgyc, Apr 8, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

I had this. It is a driver issue. It doesn't work with the graphics drivers that are installed via Windows Update. You need to install the driver direct from the manufacturer.

swarfega, Apr 8, 2017
  9. Cixoos Win User
    for me it started working again after joining insider slow and installing the update. it also installed a new intel graphic driver.

Cixoos, Apr 8, 2017
  10. swarfega Win User
    It was likely the new graphics driver that helped.

swarfega, Apr 8, 2017
  11. Cixoos Win User
    yes, long time f.lux user so will probably not use it. just annoying having an error.

Cixoos, Apr 8, 2017
  12. i have restored back to build 14393 night light greyed out? Stopped working :p, maybe i'll wait untill they releases more stable version.

anhbobom0000, Apr 9, 2017
  13. falanso Win User

below solution worked for me. i dont guarantee that it is safe or it will work for anyone else.
    you should know what u r doing

delete the below keys, i deleted all that folder
    you can right click export just in case you regret it later

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$ windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$ windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings

also search using f3 for bluelightreduction and bluelightreductionstate. you may find it in hkey_user, i also deleted those. i had one of each

now logout then login or just restart ur pc/laptop

best

falanso, Apr 21, 2017
  14. Hritwik Win User
    Hello, i found solution.
    Just put this content in a '.reg' file. (example: recover.reg)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$ windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate]
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$ windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate\Current]
    "Data"=hex:02,00,00,00,54,83,08,4a,03,ba,d2,01,00,00,00,00,43,42,01,00,10,00,\
    d0,0a,02,c6,14,b8,8e,9d,d0,b4,c0,ae,e9,01,00

Save and execute to recover Night Light Default data

Hritwik, Apr 21, 2017
  15. henrypug Win User
    I have tried night light and think it still needs work when scrolling it changes to dark and light, very peculiar on the eyes I have it switched off for now anyway.

henrypug, Apr 26, 2017
Thema:

1. night light greyed out? Stopped working - Similar Threads - night light greyed

2. Night light grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light grayed out: So I was trying to turn on night light when I noticed it was grayed out. I use night light alot and for some reason it was grayed out. I tried everything from updating my drivers to deleting blue reduction state to restarting my computer and yet nothing works. I love using...
  3. Grey Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Night Light Settings: Hello!My bight light settings are grey, and cant switch ON or OFFI deleted the registry$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settingsand still not workCan u help me?...
  4. Grey Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey Night Light Settings: Hello!My bight light settings are grey, and cant switch ON or OFFI deleted the registry$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settingsand still not workCan u help me?...
  5. Grey Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. my night light is greyed out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my night light is greyed out: if i try to turn on night light it is greyed out and nothing is working submitted by /u/StepBro_Flux [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ngdg7k/my_night_light_is_greyed_out/
  7. The night light mode greyed out Win10

The night light mode greyed out Win10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As shown. I cant even turn on the night light mode as the button turn grey. [ATTACH] I tried the method provided in the community Delete the registry but still doesn't work for me. Please help! Thanks in advance....
  8. Night light greyed out on Windows 10 version 2004

Night light greyed out on Windows 10 version 2004: My night light decided to stop working randomly, it is now stuck on. I have tried various registry fixes, reinstalling nvidia GPU drivers, enabling location, /sfc /scannow, a different user profile, and still the issue persists The only thing I remember doing before it...
  9. Night light stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light stopped working: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro Ver 2004 Build 19041.329 and today, the "Night Light" filter stopped working. It was set as to schedule based on my location. Now, it shows as "On" even through it isn't working. Changing anything related to it on the Settings app have no...
  10. Night Light option greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light option greyed out: The NIGHT LIGHT option is greyed out. Had tried various suggestions including edit the registry and restart. The option is still greyed out. Am using an ASUS UX331U with Nvidia Geforce. Would appreciate help to resolve this....