Windows 10: Night light issues after 1903

Discus and support Night light issues after 1903 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Thread also posted in the TenForums website: Ten Forums Question Hi to All, Been having this annoying issue with the Windows 10 (1903) night light.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dann Thursday, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Night light issues after 1903

Thread also posted in the TenForums website: Ten Forums Question

Hi to All,

Been having this annoying issue with the Windows 10 (1903) night light. Ever since I've enabled and use night light before, the setting does not turn off anymore even if I set it!

When I hit the Night light switch to off via settings panel, the toggle will always revert to the enabled state when I return to check. Night light also turns on automatically and cannot be disabled when I return from hibernate. As someone who constantly hibernates his PC to quickly resume work, night light being permanently enabled until reboot is ridiculously annoying.

CHKDSK returns no error nor the SFC command.

Can anyone shed some help? Night light issues after 1903 [​IMG]Here is a GIF of the settings panel. If the GIF doesn't play, you can visit the ten forums post in the link above.

Night light issues after 1903 [​IMG]

How can I permanently disable night light? Is there a workaround either via registry or a tool? Reformat is currently not an option due to the tremendous amount of files in the device.

Thanks!

:)

Dann Thursday, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Martmcd Win User

1903 version night light not working

Hi Monika,

it is a known issue in 1903

Night light settings do not apply in some cases

Microsoft has identified some scenarios where night light settings may stop working, for example:

Connecting to (or disconnecting from) an external monitor, dock, or projector

Rotating the screen

Updating display drivers or making other display mode changes

Affected platforms:

Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Workaround: If you find that your night light settings have stopped working, try turning the night light on and off, or restart your computer.

Note We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until this issue has been resolved.

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/releas...

Martmcd, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 1903 (may update) Breaks Night Light (built in night light mode)

Hi there,

I have 2 machines (1 was an upgrade install to 1903 the other was a clean install). Both nvidia cards, 1080ti and a 2080 in the other (1 has the latest nvidia drivers the other has the very last version prior to the latest). Both intel 8700k processors.

what is happening: i keep the night light mode always on, and prior to 1903 (when i was using 1809), when i play a game (full screen) the nightlight mode would turn off in game. when i alt tab to windows, night light was enabled. when i jumped back into
    a game, it was disabled. no issues.

when i upgraded to 1903 (both the clean install machine and the upgrade), when i have night light on, and go in game and alt tab, the night light remains off in windows, this never happened in 1809.

not limited to games, but in both machines using 1903, sometimes when i start the computer, the night light mode is disabled. trying to turn it on does nothing, and rebooting fixes it. but if happens enough now where i suspect this is not a one off, and
    the fact it happens on both my computers, and when i go back to 1809 there are no issues.

i also tried flux, but it did the same thing where it would sometimes when you turn on the computer be off, and no way to enable it without rebooting.

lastly, i noticed when the display goes to sleep (the monitor, not the computer), night light is disabled. You can turn it back on, but the monitor being put to sleep effectlivley disabled night light mode from running on 1903, but not on 1809.

somehow i think this is all connected, something in 1903 with night light mode is not working properly like it did in 1809.

computer stats:

Machine 1 (upgrade to 1903):

• 32gb ram
    • 970 evo 1tb
    • nvidia 2080 FE
    • nivida driver 425.31
    • monitor asus 32inch running at 75hz (non-gsync)

Machine 2 (clean install to 1903):

• 32gb ram
    • 970 pro 512gb
    • evga 1080ti hybrid FTW3
    • nivida driver 430.39
    • monitor lg 31.5inch 144hz g-sync

WindwardBaton7, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Night light issues after 1903

Night light not working

Hi,

Night Light is still listed as a known issue on the update History page.

Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows Server, version 1903 - Windows Release Information

Gamma ramps, color profiles, and night light settings do not apply in some cases

Microsoft has identified some scenarios where gamma ramps, color profiles and night light settings may stop working.

The only thing you can do is to wait to get this fixed.

Sumit-Windows Insider MVP, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Night light issues after 1903

1. Night light issues after 1903 - Similar Threads - Night light issues

2. Night light issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light issue: I have an issue with the NVIDIA T400 4GB card. It exhibits the exact issue as the Quadro 600 did. On a Windows 10 computer, after the Night light feature turns on which makes the screen reddish late in the day to mimic the natural evening sun color temperature, if my NEC...
  3. Night light issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light issue: I have an issue with the NVIDIA T400 4GB card. It exhibits the exact issue as the Quadro 600 did. On a Windows 10 computer, after the Night light feature turns on which makes the screen reddish late in the day to mimic the natural evening sun color temperature, if my NEC...
  4. Night light issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. issue with night light

in Windows 10 Customization
    issue with night light: Not able to use night light feature where i'm supposed to spend most hours in the night time which are reflecting in my eyes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-night-light/d00a19a9-8c77-45ea-ab8d-50f2811ebad7
  6. Night light issue

Night light issue: Night light is disabled and greyed out. I tried uninstalling graphics driver and restarting the PC but that didn't worked. Hence I'm seeking help here. Any kind of help will be appreciated !...
  7. Night Light Issue

Night Light Issue: Hi, I've been experiencing this problem for almost 2 years now. My night light is always on and when I want to turn it off in settings, it says it is already off. Also, I'm currently running the Windows 10 Version 1903. This is rather annoying, perhaps there's a solution...
  8. Night Light Issue

Night Light Issue: My night light is not working there might be any bug in my night light mode please help me out from this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-issue/ea100dca-2ba1-4473-b7c0-975ffc748e37
  9. night light issue

night light issue: though night light mode is off I am having the problem of screen warming red like night mode... so what should I do night mode is off yet getting its effect. during Day it is irritating....
  10. 1903 version night light not working

1903 version night light not working: Hello guys, after updating to 1903 version, today I've noticed that night light is not working. I need to do a sign out option and then re-sign for night light to work. Does anyone have a solution, or it will be fixed in the next update? Best regards. Monika...