Windows 10: Night light on second monitor with USB-C to HDMI cable

Discus and support Night light on second monitor with USB-C to HDMI cable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've connected my Surface Pro X to an ASUS VG27A monitor with a USB-C to HDMI cable https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B088NS4JQZ. Night light and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JimSauce, Oct 24, 2021.

1. JimSauce Win User

Night light on second monitor with USB-C to HDMI cable

I've connected my Surface Pro X to an ASUS VG27A monitor with a USB-C to HDMI cable https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B088NS4JQZ. Night light and f.lux only works on the Surface screen. Is it possible to get night light working on the ASUS monitor as well? If not, is there a solution that can get the same effect? All drivers and Windows updates are up-to-date.

:)

JimSauce, Oct 24, 2021

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Night Light Setting Not applied to Monitor Connected Via USB 3.0

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you able to enable Night light feature on the issue monitor, when connected using a DVI or HDMI cable?

2. Is the Night light feature option greyed out in Settings?

I'd suggest you to update the display adapter and check. Refer this article on

Update drivers in Windows 10

Please reply back with the required information.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Night light on second monitor with USB-C to HDMI cable

Can't Pull Out USB-C to Displayport Cable From Monitor End?

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matter...41297702&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+c+to+displayport

I bought this usb-c to displayport cable not long ago because i was getting another monitor to have 2 monitors. That monitor did not have hdmi so i had to buy this cable. I have a dell xps 15 9550 laptop and have 2 monitors both are 24' and 1920x1200 resolution. One of them i connect from hdmi to hdmi. The other monitor is an asus 24' monitor that i used the usb c to displayport cable to connect it. This is what i bought.

https://www.amazon.com/PA248Q-ProAr...F8&qid=1541297862&sr=1-1&keywords=asus+pa248q

Thus i have 2 monitors connected to my dell laptop. When i got the cable, i plugged it in and it works good. However, last time when i tried to unplug the usb-c to displayport cable from the asus monitor... i could not pull it out. Its like stuck and i did not want to use a lot of strength to do it. Also when i did this, the monitor seemed to not power on and was worried i damaged it but it was the power cord being a bit loose.

Has anyone here ever had this happen before? Thus my other monitor... which is hdmi to hdmi, very easy to pull out the cable from either my laptop or the monitor's end. But with the usb-c to displayport... i cannot pull out the displayport cable from my monitor's end. Of course the usb-c part from my laptop is easy to unplug.
    Does anyone know what im doing wrong here? The usb-c to display port does say hold to release etc but whatever i do, i cannot unplug it for some reason.

• Has anyone here got the same cable as i do? Are displayport cables harder to pull out than hdmi cables?

paulyjustin, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Night light on second monitor with USB-C to HDMI cable

1. Night light on second monitor with USB-C to HDMI cable - Similar Threads - Night light second

2. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected: I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine. I then plugged a USBC cable into my usbc port an attached the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of my monitor. The...
  3. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected: I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine. I then plugged a USBC cable into my usbc port an attached the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of my monitor. The...
  4. Night Light not working on Monitor with USB to HDMI adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light not working on Monitor with USB to HDMI adapter: Hello,I am using a Dell Micro 3070 with 3 monitors. One monitor is plugged into the HDMI port, the other 2 monitors use HDMI cables with an HDMI to USB adapter. The Night Light setting works on the monitor plugged directly into the HDMI port but not on the monitors using the...
  5. Night Light not working on Monitor with USB to HDMI adapter

Night Light not working on Monitor with USB to HDMI adapter: Hello,I am using a Dell Micro 3070 with 3 monitors. One monitor is plugged into the HDMI port, the other 2 monitors use HDMI cables with an HDMI to USB adapter. The Night Light setting works on the monitor plugged directly into the HDMI port but not on the monitors using the...
  6. Night Light not working on Monitor with USB to HDMI adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Night light on second monitor with USB-C to HDMI cable

Night light on second monitor with USB-C to HDMI cable: I've connected my Surface Pro X to an ASUS VG27A monitor with a USB-C to HDMI cable https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B088NS4JQZ. Night light and f.lux only works on the Surface screen. Is it possible to get night light working on the ASUS monitor as well? If not, is there...
  8. USB-C and HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C and HDMI cable: When I plug in the HDMI cable to the 'dongle' that is plugged into my pc, I get a notification that Microsoft does not recognize recent device plugged in to C port. And I get an alarm type sound repeatedly until I unplug the HDMI cable. The information on the PC DOES transfer...
  9. Disable night light on second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable night light on second monitor: Hi, my monitor is old and doesn't handle well the night light so I'm trying to turn it off but I want to keep it on my main screen. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-night-light-on-second-monitor/a767f1d6-3a29-4ff5-af77-97200897df35
  10. Night light on monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light on monitors: How can I apply the nightlight feature to other monitors? I have a laptop as my main computer and two monitors connected by the Dell device. When I turn on the nightlight feature it only applies to the laptop. Thanks...