Windows 10: Night light schedule seems not to work properly

Discus and support Night light schedule seems not to work properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Night light schedule is on, sunset to sunrise and although it's broad daylight outside, it's on when I started my system today. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kostas PAT, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Night light schedule seems not to work properly

Night light schedule is on, sunset to sunrise and although it's broad daylight outside, it's on when I started my system today. Any ideas?

:)

Kostas PAT, Jan 26, 2020
  2. TimGilroy Win User

Night Light not turning on properly

The new night light feature isn't working properly when scheduled. When it is well passed sunset, night light will show that it is on from the button in the action center, when in reality night light is not on at all. I have it scheduled to sunset and
    sunrise and my time and time zone are set correctly, and the sunset times are accurate, but for some reason night light will just not come on until i manually turn it off and then on again.

TimGilroy, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Night light schedule not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to schedule the time for Night Light feature in Windows 10. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to update the display driver from Device Manager.

1. Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
    2. Scroll down and expand Display Adapters. Now Right click on the display devices and select
      Update Driver.
    3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    4. Select Update Driver.
    5. Restart the PC and check

If the issue persists even after updating the driver, then we would suggest you to make the below registry change.

1. Press Windows +R key to open
      run
      command.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      Ok
    3. Navigate to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount
    4. Here, delete the following sub keys
      1. $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate
      2. $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry

After deleting the registry sub keys, restart the PC and then enable Night Light feature from Windows settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Night light schedule seems not to work properly

Night light schedule not working

The "set hours" (not location) option for night light scheduling is not working on my Surface Laptop 3. When the time hits for it to turn on, it doesn't and I have to do so manually and when morning hits for it to be turned off, I again have to do it manually.
    How do I fix it so that the schedule works?

josiefeenie, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Night light schedule seems not to work properly

1. Night light schedule seems not to work properly - Similar Threads - Night light schedule

2. Windows 11 Night Light Scheduler ON/OFF not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Night Light Scheduler ON/OFF not working: This question has been asked all over the place and there are about 10 stock standard suggestions - but nobody has stopped to ask if these suggestions work. THEY DO NOT WORK....
  3. Windows 11 Night Light Scheduler ON/OFF not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Night Light Scheduler ON/OFF not working: This question has been asked all over the place and there are about 10 stock standard suggestions - but nobody has stopped to ask if these suggestions work. THEY DO NOT WORK....
  4. Night light schedule not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light schedule not working: So I have night light on a scheduled to turn on at 10 pm and turn off at 7am. When I have my pc running in the evening it works. It automatically switches on at 10 pm. But every time I turn on my pc in the morning. Usually around 8am it hasn't turned off automatically. And I...
  5. Night light not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night light not working: why i cant turn on[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-not-working/e9db51de-185b-4d68-abb0-b6cdc2c7c751
  6. Night light not working

Night light not working: Hi Night light indicating ON on the Night Light Settings page, nothing changes when altering the strength slider.. It also showing On when it should be OFF after Sunrise setting is reached. Page is also greyed out, if I try to turn it off settings page just disappears....
  7. Night light schedule not working

Night light schedule not working: The "set hours" (not location) option for night light scheduling is not working on my Surface Laptop 3. When the time hits for it to turn on, it doesn't and I have to do so manually and when morning hits for it to be turned off, I again have to do it manually. How do I fix it...
  8. Night Light won't turn on on schedule

in Windows 10 Support
    Night Light won't turn on on schedule: Night Light won't get activated on schedule - see screenshot for details. Deactivation works as expected though. OS version: Windows 10 1909, but before upgrading from 1803 I experienced the same problem Intel GPU driver version: 26.20.100.7463 Night Light works as expected...
  9. Night Light not working

Night Light not working: Recently I have updated my pc to Windows 10 version 1903 os build 18362.175. I have noticed that night light not working. Is this same for all of you? How to solve this problem?...
  10. Night light sunset to sunrise schedule stops working properly after update to 1809

Night light sunset to sunrise schedule stops working properly after update to 1809: Behold, the automatic schedule timing has become 00:00 - 00:00 after the latest update: [ATTACH] As such, the night light feature no longer works as it should. Please fix! My date and time settings are set to automatic, in both the time and the time zone. I am not in a...