Windows 10: Night Light Setting Not applied to Monitor Connected Via USB 3.0

Discus and support Night Light Setting Not applied to Monitor Connected Via USB 3.0 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, Thank you in advance for your help. Like the title says, I run three monitors across multiple devices and configuration in windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by k1l011, Oct 26, 2018.

1. k1l011 Win User

Night Light Setting Not applied to Monitor Connected Via USB 3.0

Hi All,

Thank you in advance for your help. Like the title says, I run three monitors across multiple devices and configuration in windows 10 and regularly work with night light on during the day as it helps with eye strain. This setting applies to 2/3 monitors which I have connected via DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort at various different times. However, in one configuration that I use I have to convert from DVI or HDMI to USB 3.0 leveraging a converter from EVGA. In the case that a USB input is used for a display input it causes the nightlight setting to not apply (I have also tested this with a second mobile monitor that is a USB input).

Is there any way that I can apply this same setting via the USB input?

:)

k1l011, Oct 26, 2018

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Night Light Settings

Separately from the Night Light, is the brightness options also disabled? If so, I might recommend these steps to make it work again:

1) Right-click Start button, choose Device Manager

2) Find the "monitors" section in the list and expand it

3) Right-click and uninstall every item listed under the monitors section

….. note: don't accidentally go to the "display adapter section", leave that one untouched.

4) Click the "scan for hardware" button on the toolbar up top (the icon with the magnifying glass inside it)

5) Try brightness and night light settings again

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 26, 2018
  4. malupigi Win User

Windows Night Light always on for laptop monitor.

@Zedrick Del

I did the steps you described, but the problem remained the same after doing so:

After reboot, the night light setting was disabled and there was no blue-light filtering, as it should be. However, as soon as I (dis)connect any external monitor, some blue-light filtering is applied to my laptop screen (although according to the settings,
    night light is still off).

malupigi, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Night Light Setting Not applied to Monitor Connected Via USB 3.0 - Similar Threads - Night Light Setting

2. Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light Settings: Night Light settings always reset after my computer is locked, no matter how long it is locked for. I have tried turning on and off night light settings, making sure the time and location are accurate, and the other suggested FAQ items, but it stays off. I have to restart the...
  3. Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light Settings: Night Light settings always reset after my computer is locked, no matter how long it is locked for. I have tried turning on and off night light settings, making sure the time and location are accurate, and the other suggested FAQ items, but it stays off. I have to restart the...
  4. Night Light Shift Windows 10 on monitor connected via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light Shift Windows 10 on monitor connected via USB: Hi all,At my company, a few users have a three monitor setup on their desk to perform their work. One of my users recently decided to use night shift on his computer then reported that the display changed only on two out of his three monitors. I noticed that the two monitors...
  5. Night Light Shift Windows 10 on monitor connected via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light Shift Windows 10 on monitor connected via USB: Hi all,At my company, a few users have a three monitor setup on their desk to perform their work. One of my users recently decided to use night shift on his computer then reported that the display changed only on two out of his three monitors. I noticed that the two monitors...
  6. Night Light Shift Windows 10 on monitor connected via USB

7. Night light on monitors

Night light on monitors: How can I apply the nightlight feature to other monitors? I have a laptop as my main computer and two monitors connected by the Dell device. When I turn on the nightlight feature it only applies to the laptop. Thanks...
  8. Night light setting on 240hz monitor

Night light setting on 240hz monitor: Hey. There seems to be an issue when the Night Light setting is ON, only on the Alienware AW2518HF, scrolling the websites creates a greenish effect around the text....
  9. Night light settings

Night light settings: Hi, I currently have a user who uses the Night light settings on their Dell 5500 laptop with 2 x external monitors connected by a D6000 dock but when your turn on the Night light it only works on the laptop. The user has restarted and have all the required Windows...
  10. Night Light Settings

Night Light Settings: My night light settings are grayed out and won't activate at the time I set it at. My father managed to fix it for a short period of time but now the settings are grayed out again, and won't let me edit them....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. night light disabled when connected to monitor