Windows 10: Night Light Settings

Discus and support Night Light Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Night Light settings always reset after my computer is locked, no matter how long it is locked for. I have tried turning on and off night light... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Selina2_IC, May 26, 2023.

1. Night Light Settings

Night Light settings always reset after my computer is locked, no matter how long it is locked for. I have tried turning on and off night light settings, making sure the time and location are accurate, and the other suggested FAQ items, but it stays off. I have to restart the computer entirely for the night light to come back on. Please could you advise?

:)

Selina2_IC, May 26, 2023

2. Night Light Settings

Separately from the Night Light, is the brightness options also disabled? If so, I might recommend these steps to make it work again:

1) Right-click Start button, choose Device Manager

2) Find the "monitors" section in the list and expand it

3) Right-click and uninstall every item listed under the monitors section

….. note: don't accidentally go to the "display adapter section", leave that one untouched.

4) Click the "scan for hardware" button on the toolbar up top (the icon with the magnifying glass inside it)

5) Try brightness and night light settings again

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 26, 2023
  3. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, May 26, 2023
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Night Light Settings

Night light

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues turning on or off the Night Light settings of your Windows 10 PC after the update. To troubleshoot your Night Light settings, we suggest that you apply the steps on this

thread
    that was provided by SurenderKhokhar on April 15, 2017.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Night Light Settings

1. Night Light Settings - Similar Threads - Night Light Settings

2. Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light Settings: Night Light settings always reset after my computer is locked, no matter how long it is locked for. I have tried turning on and off night light settings, making sure the time and location are accurate, and the other suggested FAQ items, but it stays off. I have to restart the...
  3. Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light Settings: Night Light settings always reset after my computer is locked, no matter how long it is locked for. I have tried turning on and off night light settings, making sure the time and location are accurate, and the other suggested FAQ items, but it stays off. I have to restart the...
  4. Night light settings error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light settings error: Good evening,I randomly started having this problem today with turning on the night light feature on windows. The error is labeled in the subject exactly, and it only happens when I try to turn on the night light. The exact error message reads "The exception Breakpoint. A...
  5. Night light settings error

Night light settings error: Good evening,I randomly started having this problem today with turning on the night light feature on windows. The error is labeled in the subject exactly, and it only happens when I try to turn on the night light. The exact error message reads "The exception Breakpoint. A...
  6. Grey Night Light Settings

Grey Night Light Settings: Hello!My bight light settings are grey, and cant switch ON or OFFI deleted the registry$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settingsand still not workCan u help me?...
  7. Night light settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light settings: My night light settings stopped working after one of the last updates. I turn it on and off, change the settings, but nothing works. The screen is bright 24 hours a day. Any suggestions?...
  8. Night light settings

Night light settings: Hi, I currently have a user who uses the Night light settings on their Dell 5500 laptop with 2 x external monitors connected by a D6000 dock but when your turn on the Night light it only works on the laptop. The user has restarted and have all the required Windows...
  9. Night Light Settings

Night Light Settings: My night light settings are grayed out and won't activate at the time I set it at. My father managed to fix it for a short period of time but now the settings are grayed out again, and won't let me edit them....
  10. Faulty Night Light setting

Faulty Night Light setting: I cannot turn on my Night Light setting on. A quick google search shows this is a common problem but I haven't seen any solutions posted. My computer details... Windows 10 Home VErsion 1803 64 Bit operating system x 64 base processor Ram 16.0GB Can any one help with...