Windows 10: Night light stopped working

Discus and support Night light stopped working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro Ver 2004 Build 19041.329 and today, the "Night Light" filter stopped working. It was set as to schedule based on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PspStreet51, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Night light stopped working

Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro Ver 2004 Build 19041.329 and today, the "Night Light" filter stopped working. It was set as to schedule based on my location.

Now, it shows as "On" even through it isn't working. Changing anything related to it on the Settings app have no effect and can even close the Settings app.

I've tried logging out and logging in, rebooting, reinstalling nvidia drivers, and even deleting some registry keys:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\DefaultAccount\Cloud\default$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\DefaultAccount\Cloud\default$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings]

I also tried disabling fast boot but no luck.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/PspStreet51
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PspStreet51, Jun 20, 2020

2. Night light not working

Hi,

Night Light is still listed as a known issue on the update History page.

Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows Server, version 1903 - Windows Release Information

Gamma ramps, color profiles, and night light settings do not apply in some cases

Microsoft has identified some scenarios where gamma ramps, color profiles and night light settings may stop working.

The only thing you can do is to wait to get this fixed.

Sumit-Windows Insider MVP, Jun 20, 2020
  3. figgyc Win User
    night light greyed out? Stopped working

I have the same issue

Night light stopped working [​IMG]

figgyc, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Night light stopped working

night light greyed out? Stopped working

me too, it's totally greyed out

anhbobom0000, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Night light stopped working

1. Night light stopped working - Similar Threads - Night light stopped

2. Night light not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night light not working: why i cant turn on[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-not-working/e9db51de-185b-4d68-abb0-b6cdc2c7c751
  3. Night light not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light not working: Alright, so I am trying to turn on the night light on in my Lenovo Yoga laptop. It is 3 pm where I am located. I have turn off automatic brightness, switch to on night light, went to night light settings, set the hours to 2pm-7am and click turn on now button. Then, turned on...
  4. Night light not working

Night light not working: Hi Night light indicating ON on the Night Light Settings page, nothing changes when altering the strength slider.. It also showing On when it should be OFF after Sunrise setting is reached. Page is also greyed out, if I try to turn it off settings page just disappears....
  5. Night Light not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light not working: Hey, first of happy new year! & hope you all have a good one. I got a new dell laptop I have windows 10 installed for some reason every time i try to turn on Night Light feature it dosen't seem to work, nothing is greyed or anything. I tried installing F.lux that dosen't work...
  6. Night light not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light not working: When I turn Night Light on nothing happens. The color of the screen does not change. What I tried: Updating my GPU drivers: I'm using two monitors. each monitor has it's own GPU. I updated the drivers of both to the latest. Turning...
  7. Night Light not working

Night Light not working: Recently I have updated my pc to Windows 10 version 1903 os build 18362.175. I have noticed that night light not working. Is this same for all of you? How to solve this problem?...
  8. Night light not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Night light not working.: Hello, After I reinstalled my win10 this June. I noticed that Night Light is not working properly. Night light is not working on the first startup but when I restart my PC, it will work. this is weird. I already tried some fixes but none of them works. - Reinstalling...
  9. Night Light not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Night Light not Working: Hi Night light is not working in build 18312 (fast Ring pre-release) The cause seems to be that the appropriate registry keys do not exist. in 1809 the following keys head the list...
  10. night light greyed out? Stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    night light greyed out? Stopped working: So I upgraded to creator update and tried the night light function once and it worked. Today it is greyed out and can not be enabled, anyone had this issue? 81333