Windows 10: Night light sunset to sunrise schedule stops working properly after update to 1809

Discus and support Night light sunset to sunrise schedule stops working properly after update to 1809 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Behold, the automatic schedule timing has become 00:00 - 00:00 after the latest update: [ATTACH] As such, the night light feature no longer works as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Isaac C., Dec 13, 2018.

1. Isaac C. Win User

Night light sunset to sunrise schedule stops working properly after update to 1809

Behold, the automatic schedule timing has become 00:00 - 00:00 after the latest update:

Night light sunset to sunrise schedule stops working properly after update to 1809 610d9ed4-778d-4845-a431-39b281e166dd?upload=true.png

As such, the night light feature no longer works as it should. Please fix!

My date and time settings are set to automatic, in both the time and the time zone. I am not in a daylight savings area.

My current Windows specifications are:

• Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Version: 1809
    • OS build: 17763.194

EDIT: Even when I set the hours manually, the night light no longer works and the screen doesn't become warmer. Something is broken with this feature.

:)

Isaac C., Dec 13, 2018
  2. TimGilroy Win User

Night Light not turning on properly

The new night light feature isn't working properly when scheduled. When it is well passed sunset, night light will show that it is on from the button in the action center, when in reality night light is not on at all. I have it scheduled to sunset and
    sunrise and my time and time zone are set correctly, and the sunset times are accurate, but for some reason night light will just not come on until i manually turn it off and then on again.

TimGilroy, Dec 13, 2018
  3. B.S.R. Win User
    Windows 10 Night Light Schedule Has Wrong Sunrise-Sunset Times

I have the Night Light schedule set to Sunset to sunrise, which is currently followed by (23:00 — 12:11). The problem is that the Night Light feature isn't turning on and off at appropriate times.

The computed times are wrong for my location, as sunset today is at 20:09 (UTC-7h), and sunrise tomorrow is at 04:10. The end of astronomical twilight, at 23:25, is close to the first figure, but it starts at 00:55, which is very different from the second
    figure. That figure isn't even close to civil twilight, which starts here at 03:29 tomorrow.

I will add that I keep my computer clock on UTC. It is almost as if the first figure uses local time, and the second figure uses UTC, which would be at least close to what I'd expect the times to be.

Windows 10 Pro version 1703 build 15063.332

B.S.R., Dec 13, 2018
  4. Night light sunset to sunrise schedule stops working properly after update to 1809

Wrong sunrise sunset time when using VPN

Hi,

Night light feature is really useful with automatic scheduling but when I use a VPN to connect to a different countries, the schedule of night light became wrong. Is there any settings to choose a region to help the automatic sunrise and sunset time scheduling
    on Windows 10 Night Light feature to show the time more accurately?

Thanks

realivanjx, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Night light sunset to sunrise schedule stops working properly after update to 1809

1. Night light sunset to sunrise schedule stops working properly after update to 1809 - Similar Threads - Night light sunset

2. Night Light in Windows 10 shows wrong sunset and sunrise time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light in Windows 10 shows wrong sunset and sunrise time.: So i was noticing that Windows 10 nowadays shows completely wrong sunset and sunrise times and i have to manually set the timings to use the night light feature . I am currently using a non activated version of windows. The problem also existed earlier before i upgraded my...
  3. Night light schedule not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light schedule not working: So I have night light on a scheduled to turn on at 10 pm and turn off at 7am. When I have my pc running in the evening it works. It automatically switches on at 10 pm. But every time I turn on my pc in the morning. Usually around 8am it hasn't turned off automatically. And I...
  4. Night Light automatic on/off via auto sunrise/sunset STILL not working after years

Night Light automatic on/off via auto sunrise/sunset STILL not working after years: It's ridiculous that this is still an issue. The night light's automatic sunrise/sunset does not work correctly with sleep/hibernate. They can't tell it to check what time it is when the computer wakes? The only option seems to be to set hours manually and then fiddle with...
  5. Night light not firing after sunset/sunrise

Night light not firing after sunset/sunrise: Before anyone suggest the same, please let me state my findings. - Location is set and working - Video drivers are AMD and latest, no problems, whatsoever. - Tried registry edits/delete - I can turn on/off NL fine, I have all controls enabled, no problem with that....
  6. Night light sunset/sunrise times are wrong

Night light sunset/sunrise times are wrong: So this is when my computer thinks sunset/sunrise are: [ATTACH] This is, of course, absurd. I live in Southern California. Sunset today is at 16:43, and sunrise was at 06:43. I am set to the correct time zone: [ATTACH] Though, interestingly enough, I have to manually...
  7. Windows 10 Night Light on after sunrise

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Night Light on after sunrise: I just noticed this morning that Night Light is still on after sunrise. The settings indicate "on until sunrise (7:25 AM)" and it's 10:22 AM. I use the "sunset to sunrise" schedule. Rebooting doesn't fix it. Any ideas? 150226
  8. Windows 10 Night Light on after sunrise

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Night Light on after sunrise: I just noticed this morning that Night Light is still on after sunrise. The settings indicate "on until sunrise (7:25 AM)" and it's 10:22 AM. I use the "sunset to sunrise" schedule. Rebooting doesn't fix it. Any ideas? 150226
  9. Night light schedule seems not to work properly

Night light schedule seems not to work properly: Night light schedule is on, sunset to sunrise and although it's broad daylight outside, it's on when I started my system today. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-schedule-seems-not-to-work-properly/f1ad8faf-5459-4c3c-bddb-be6343646cc5
  10. Night light schedule not working

Night light schedule not working: The "set hours" (not location) option for night light scheduling is not working on my Surface Laptop 3. When the time hits for it to turn on, it doesn't and I have to do so manually and when morning hits for it to be turned off, I again have to do it manually. How do I fix it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. night light windows not turning on with sunset to sunrise

2. windows 10 night light sunrise to sunset

3. night light feature not working properly in windows 10 1809

4. night light sunset to sunrise,
  5. 1809 night light feature not working,
  6. how to change night light schedule between sunset to sunrise and set hours,
  7. fix night light 1809,
  8. windows 10 night light schedule not working