Windows 10: Night light turning itself off after display turn off

Discus and support Night light turning itself off after display turn off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity. MOBO: Asus X570-F... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ADK147, Mar 11, 2021.

1. ADK147 Win User

Night light turning itself off after display turn off

Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.

MOBO: Asus X570-F latest BIOS, tried older versions

VGA: nVidia RTX2070 latest driver, tried older versions
    Monitors: 2x Acer VG240YP model recognized by Windows; HDMI connected; both running at 144 Hz

Steps to reproduce:

Have Night light on no scheduling, leave the PC idle until it hits the display timeout 10 minutes in my case, when the monitors go black, press a key/move the mouse to wake the monitors in the timeframe before the lock screen has been activated. Night light has turned itself off. Most of the times on both monitors, less frequently only on the secondary monitor.
    While in this condition, just opening the Settings app from the Start Menu or using the desktop's context menu, instantly turns on Night light on the primary monitor only. However, in the Display page of the Settings app, the Night light setting is shown as Off, but if you go into "Night light settings", the button there says "Turn off now". Clicking it actually turns Night light off on the primary monitor if active, or does nothing, and clicking it again turns it on on both monitors.

The same problem also occurs but less frequently when the monitors had turned off and the lock screen has been activated after inactivity or via Win+L.
    There are no problems after shutdown/restart.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

:)

ADK147, Mar 11, 2021

2. how to turn off the night light screen

Hi Warren,

The functionality of Night light depends on the graphics driver you're currently using. If the graphics card doesn't completely support the feature, chances are that you would be able to turn it on but won't be able to disable it or vice versa.

We suggest checking the post of Devlin Sco from this
    thread
    for further steps that you can perform to possibly resolve the issue.

For further details, you can also check this link
    Set your display for night time in Windows 10

Let us know if there are other concerns.

Jomel_Santos, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Night Light won't turn off

I'm not the sharpest pencil in the group, and you will see why I say that. Recently I had Night Light for my laptop, and it worked well. Then I started working at night, and needed the screen to be normal again. I tried everything to turn it off to no
    avail. I tried Display, turn off Night Light, restarting the computer, going into Regedit deleting subkey settings for the blue light, then I tried uninstalling the drivers. None of those worked. Then I realized after weeks of trying to figure it out, my
    computer had an app called F.Lux, and that is what I turned on months ago, and I forgot about it. I found F.Lux, and disabled it, PC has been running fine since. Just a suggestion, maybe some app was turned on and forgotten?

JHCf10rida, Mar 11, 2021
  4. gabby Win User

Can't find night light mode in display.

Hey guys,

I just got this HP windows 10 laptop, and I tried to enable the night light function to help filter the blue light to protect my eyes from getting sore. I followed every steps online, "setting-display-night light mode"..but I reached to the "customize your display" instead of "display", and there's no such a thing called "night light"(pic shown as below). I would appreciate if you can help me with this problem, bring me back to the normal display setting to get my favourite night light turned on. Thank you!

Night light turning itself off after display turn off [​IMG]

gabby, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Night light turning itself off after display turn off - Similar Threads - Night light turning

2. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  3. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  4. Night Light wont turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light wont turn off: I recently had my laptop repaired but for whatever reason now night light wont turn off, ive tried deleting the settings from the registry editor but they keep returning after i restart the computer, ive also tried redownloading my drivers and have even tried resetting my...
  5. Night Light won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light won't turn off: My Night Light setting is turned off, no schedule no nothing. I have updated drivers, restarted the computer, re-installed drivers, deleted Night Light files but nothing helps. If I go to my display settings my night light will turn off and the screen will look normal, but...
  6. Night Light not turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light not turning off: Just 2 days ago the night light setting is no longer working for me, i try to disable it from action center and from settings but it keeps closing the settings window and stays on, I have tried a lot of things to help but nothing has worked so far....
  7. Unable to turn off Night Light

Unable to turn off Night Light: how do I get the night light off my computer [Moderator Edit: Changed title from " crooks at microsoft"] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-off-night-light/6f21bfda-3e1a-432d-be06-ad047fdd8598
  8. Night Light Turning Off

Night Light Turning Off: I have a Surface Pro X and have been having this issue for a while now: When I turn on the Night Light and have the scheduled setting on, the night light "turns off" after my device goes to sleep for a bit and then wakes back up, even if it's after sunset. When I swipe in...
  9. Night Light won't turn off

Night Light won't turn off: I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language Ver 1909. I turned on Night Light mode on once, and since then i can never disable it. The on/off switch on Night Light doesn't do anything. After restarting my laptop turned back to normal but after 15-20mins it automatically back to...
  10. Night light won't turn off

Night light won't turn off: So after the 1903 update, I have been having issues with the night light. It has been set to a schedule, which kinda helps, but once it activates I can't turn it off. A simple restart use to work until a couple of weeks ago, now that doesn't even work. Turning it off in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my night light keep turning off