Windows 10: Night Light

Discus and support Night Light in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Night Light is not turning on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light/e5e4a97c-dacb-4da1-a4c7-dad22902fa61 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BijayBehera1, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Night Light

Night Light is not turning on.

:)

BijayBehera1, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Night light

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues turning on or off the Night Light settings of your Windows 10 PC after the update. To troubleshoot your Night Light settings, we suggest that you apply the steps on this

thread
    that was provided by SurenderKhokhar on April 15, 2017.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    Night Light

Hi,

We recently have been receiving posts regarding Night Light after the Windows 10 Creators Update. To help you troubleshoot the issue regarding Night Light settings that are grayed out, we suggest to try to apply the steps provided by SurenderKhokhar
    on this thread:
    Cant use Night Light In Window 10

Kindly keep us posted for any feedback.

Nick Dich, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Night Light

No Night Light

Hi allisonb1

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + i to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73518-turn-...

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Wilfredo_Soto, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Night Light

1. Night Light - Similar Threads - Night Light

2. Quick Menu on taskbar not showing, WI-FI icon disappeared and Night Light option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Menu on taskbar not showing, WI-FI icon disappeared and Night Light option greyed out.: Hello, Community! I'm currently running into an issue on my Windows 11. I've noticed that my WI-FI icon is not showing anymore, but I still have connection and can modify via Settings. Also, when I click on it in order to activate Night Light through Quick Settings, nothing...
  3. Quick Menu on taskbar not showing, WI-FI icon disappeared and Night Light option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Menu on taskbar not showing, WI-FI icon disappeared and Night Light option greyed out.: Hello, Community! I'm currently running into an issue on my Windows 11. I've noticed that my WI-FI icon is not showing anymore, but I still have connection and can modify via Settings. Also, when I click on it in order to activate Night Light through Quick Settings, nothing...
  4. Night light mode problem on photoshop

Night light mode problem on photoshop: I had the night light problem in photos app before, then I fixed it in color management as the website said. Now the photoshop has the same problem and I cannot fix it nor I can undo what I did. This has broken by work schedule and I need a solution ASAP....
  5. Night light mode problem on photoshop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light mode problem on photoshop: I had the night light problem in photos app before, then I fixed it in color management as the website said. Now the photoshop has the same problem and I cannot fix it nor I can undo what I did. This has broken by work schedule and I need a solution ASAP....
  6. Night Light function reverts to off after monitor blanks and on after selecting Display...

Night Light function reverts to off after monitor blanks and on after selecting Display...: I am still needing a fix for the issue I reported earlier where the Night Light function in Windows 10 reverts to off after monitor blanks and on after selecting Display Properties. This has occurred for years with two different video cards and various drivers. I have tried...
  7. Night Light function reverts to off after monitor blanks and on after selecting Display...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light function reverts to off after monitor blanks and on after selecting Display...: I am still needing a fix for the issue I reported earlier where the Night Light function in Windows 10 reverts to off after monitor blanks and on after selecting Display Properties. This has occurred for years with two different video cards and various drivers. I have tried...
  8. Night Light function reverts to off after monitor blanks and on after selecting Display...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Night light doesn't work and power saving mode disappeared after windows 11 laptop crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light doesn't work and power saving mode disappeared after windows 11 laptop crashed: Hello! My laptop crashed yesterday, and ever since then, the night light doesn't work. I've tried turning it on and off, changing the intensity etc. Also, curiously, the power saving mode disappeared from the turn-off-menu, leaving only turn off and start new. I'll include a...
  10. Night light doesn't work and power saving mode disappeared after windows 11 laptop crashed

Night light doesn't work and power saving mode disappeared after windows 11 laptop crashed: Hello! My laptop crashed yesterday, and ever since then, the night light doesn't work. I've tried turning it on and off, changing the intensity etc. Also, curiously, the power saving mode disappeared from the turn-off-menu, leaving only turn off and start new. I'll include a...