Windows 10: Nightlight and Brightness Settings

Discus and support Nightlight and Brightness Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I just got a new laptop a few days ago and I have windows 10 installed. I feel like laptops usually have option to change your brightness setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KimiPatel, Nov 27, 2018.

1. KimiPatel Win User

Nightlight and Brightness Settings

Hi, I just got a new laptop a few days ago and I have windows 10 installed. I feel like laptops usually have option to change your brightness setting and get nightlight but I dont have the access to activates those two things. is there a reason why I cant do it? it would be really helpful if the buttons actually worked instead of just being displayed.

:)

KimiPatel, Nov 27, 2018

2. Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 27, 2018
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Nightlight and Brightness Settings

Shutting off Nightlight

When my screen shuts down at night I want the screen to be black and blank. Here are the steps I've been doing to accomplish that but I think it's not the way to do it. Help please.

• Windows settings
    • Personalization
    • Lock screen
    • Screen timeout settings set at 1 minute
    • Sleep set at 1 minute
    The screen doesn't go black and dark instead it does a light gray screen which is too bright since it is located in a bedroom

Thanks

MartyBrewer, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Nightlight and Brightness Settings

1. Nightlight and Brightness Settings - Similar Threads - Nightlight Brightness Settings

2. Nightlight Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightlight Error: I'm having a problem with windows10's nightlight as it kept turning on automatically whenever I started the computer. I just bought my computer not so long ago and this first happened when I logged into my Microsoft account, it suddenly turned nightlight on after that moment....
  3. Nightlight settings are grayed out

Nightlight settings are grayed out: My Nightlight is greyed out. The video driver is up to date. So I've tried this instruction. And I've found out that there are no such keys in this folder. What should I do next? Can I create these keys somehow and delete them thereafter? Please help, my eyes are in real pain...
  4. Brightness Settings

Brightness Settings: Help! I accidentally turned my brightness all the way down and can't fix it! I tried turning my computer off and on, even restarting it! Now I'm logged out of my account on my computer, and can't see ANYTHING! I'm urgently writing this on my phone, but please help me!...
  5. Screen Brightness, Nightlight, and Sleep options are not working

Screen Brightness, Nightlight, and Sleep options are not working: Help, I was using my computer and suddenly I noticed that the screen was so bright. I tried to find where to reduce it but the bar down in the right hand corner of the screen is missing. So then I went to settings and turned on the night light to reduce blue light and it...
  6. nightlight

nightlight: I deleted the two registry entries suggested here, but the nightlight setting is still grayed out, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nightlight/b0a769bb-ff12-469a-907e-a2b61e9434e7?tm=1577644628359 If I create a new account this setting works fine . I...
  7. brightness setting

brightness setting: why cant i change my brightness? i've updated all the drivers i needed, but still can't change it. my eyes hurts. help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-setting/8ee09dd0-8047-421a-9a71-c8dbd744f86d
  8. nightlight

nightlight: my nightlight doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nightlight/b0a769bb-ff12-469a-907e-a2b61e9434e7
  9. Nightlight is unstable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nightlight is unstable: Hello Community Nightlight is so unstable. I'm just going to quit trying to find the cause. I know that it isn't my graphic driver. I'm using Intel DSA software, well I'll be dumb founded. Windows Insider Program turn off DSA - DCH software installed a week ago. Intel...
  10. Brightness Settings

Brightness Settings: Hi, I had updated my windows 10 a few weeks back to version 1809 and i had this brightness settings which showed the options "darkest, darker, suggested, brighter, brightest". All of a sudden now it is back to the old percentages settings and it is showing the options as...