Windows 10: Nightlight is broken/wont turn on or off, quick access button also broke

Discus and support Nightlight is broken/wont turn on or off, quick access button also broke in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; im not sure when this happened as Nightlight mode working as been on and off for a while now, but has completely broken. sometimes it would be on after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kcar2, Jan 28, 2022.

1. kcar2 Win User

Nightlight is broken/wont turn on or off, quick access button also broke

im not sure when this happened as Nightlight mode working as been on and off for a while now, but has completely broken. sometimes it would be on after i turned on my PC in the morning even tho it was schedule to be off. eventually, it just wasn't working when i used the quick access button, the button doesnt even respond actually. then the switch in my settings could be flipped but made no difference. scheduled doesnt work either and i can only get rid of it if i change the intensity... but that isnt a solution. i have tried some of the solutions online i have seen but they havent worked. i h

:)

kcar2, Jan 28, 2022

2. Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 28, 2022
  4. Nightlight is broken/wont turn on or off, quick access button also broke

update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

Nightlight is broken/wont turn on or off, quick access button also broke

1. Nightlight is broken/wont turn on or off, quick access button also broke - Similar Threads - Nightlight broken wont

2. Turn Off Button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn Off Button: I have used MacOS countless times in the past and want to make it so when I press the power button, it turns off the screen and cannot be disturbed by a key tap or a mouse movement but when I hold the power button it shuts the computer down, or in my preferred case making it...
  3. Turn Off Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn Off Button: I have used MacOS countless times in the past and want to make it so when I press the power button, it turns off the screen and cannot be disturbed by a key tap or a mouse movement but when I hold the power button it shuts the computer down, or in my preferred case making it...
  4. Turn Off Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Nightlight is broken/wont turn on or off, quick access button also broke

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightlight is broken/wont turn on or off, quick access button also broke: im not sure when this happened as Nightlight mode working as been on and off for a while now, but has completely broken. sometimes it would be on after i turned on my PC in the morning even tho it was schedule to be off. eventually, it just wasn't working when i used the...
  6. Nightlight is broken/wont turn on or off, quick access button also broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nightlight is broken/wont turn on or off, quick access button also broke: im not sure when this happened as Nightlight mode working as been on and off for a while now, but has completely broken. sometimes it would be on after i turned on my PC in the morning even tho it was schedule to be off. eventually, it just wasn't working when i used the...
  7. Nightlight won't turn off

Nightlight won't turn off: I have a weird experience, I never turn on Nightlight before. I just did because i just wanna try. I enjoy using it mostly at night. After few days, I turn on my pc on daylight and wanna turn it off. It never off. I toggle off the night light from notification on the right...
  8. Nightlight Turned Green

Nightlight Turned Green: Just about 10 minutes ago, my night light settings activated as scheduled but turned my screen an awful green. When night light is turned off, the screen went back to normal. Any ideas on how to fix the extreme green of the nightlight?...
  9. Broken Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken Quick Access: Today I've noticed that my quick access in file explorer is now just complete empty and i don't know why. However if I use a program to browser files quick access works just fine. Please someone help me. [ATTACH] This is broken [ATTACH] But This is not....
  10. cannot turn on nightlight

cannot turn on nightlight: i have a new lenovo, just a few months old, with windows ten. nightlight toggle appears to be inactive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-nightlight/cc559bd8-6cf3-496e-8898-25ee2d7cda89