Windows 10: Nightmare with Audio devices 'not plugged in'....please help!!

Discus and support Nightmare with Audio devices 'not plugged in'....please help!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Setup is : MSI B360M Bazooka, i5 8th gen, Asus GT 1050ti, 16GB...Win10 Pro / 1903 / Build 18362.267 HDMI to Sony smart TV...main monitor Displayport... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevConlon, Aug 18, 2019.

1. KevConlon Win User

Nightmare with Audio devices 'not plugged in'....please help!!

Setup is : MSI B360M Bazooka, i5 8th gen, Asus GT 1050ti, 16GB...Win10 Pro / 1903 / Build 18362.267

HDMI to Sony smart TV...main monitor

Displayport to Yamaha AV amp....for audio.

This was working, with some success...for last 15 months or so...but NOW...

Displayport....'generally' not recognised....but if I keep sound tab open in advanced settings....can see that connection is randomly being made...then broken again!!!

Additionally...experiencing Black screen dropouts of varying intensity/frequency....

It's as if there is a fight going on for audio device supremacy....the device I'm wanting is always the 'vanquished'

Not sure how else to describe this....please be kind Nightmare with Audio devices 'not plugged in'....please help!! :)

Should also add that I have followed troubleshooting steps ....and repeatedly re-installed drivers (freshly!).....if anything....this has made situation worse Nightmare with Audio devices 'not plugged in'....please help!! :( Any help gratefully received!!

:)

KevConlon, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Jonatino Win User

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Nightmare with Audio devices 'not plugged in'....please help!! [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Numerous audio devices - why?

Looks like you have audio drivers installed for your AMD card. If you don't use it, you should be able to just uninstall that aspect of AMD drivers. I don't use the Audio through my Nvidia card, so I just don't install that driver.

Or, just ignore them as you suggest.

neatfeatguy, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Nightmare with Audio devices 'not plugged in'....please help!!

Audio device

Hi Rajamannar,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the audio and display driver is out dated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods information provided.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps:

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the audio driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and output and right click on it and
      update the driver.
    • For the video issues try the below method.
    Method 3.

Also I suggest you to update the display driver and let us know the status.

• Press Windows Key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc in the box and hit Enter.

• Locate and Expand the Display Adapter driver.

• Right Click on the Display Device.

• Click on update.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Nightmare with Audio devices 'not plugged in'....please help!!

1. Nightmare with Audio devices 'not plugged in'....please help!! - Similar Threads - Nightmare Audio devices

2. No Audio Device plugged Amd high definition audio not plugged please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio Device plugged Amd high definition audio not plugged please help.: I don't know what happened suddenly my speakers aren't working. I always you HP support assistant to update my drivers. MY model is HP 14s - fq1024 AURyzen 3 5300U. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.Things I did* uninstalling and reinstalling the amd high definition audio...
  3. No Audio Device plugged Amd high definition audio not plugged please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio Device plugged Amd high definition audio not plugged please help.: I don't know what happened suddenly my speakers aren't working. I always you HP support assistant to update my drivers. MY model is HP 14s - fq1024 AURyzen 3 5300U. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.Things I did* uninstalling and reinstalling the amd high definition audio...
  4. KIND HELPFUL AMERICANS: please help stuck w/ no audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KIND HELPFUL AMERICANS: please help stuck w/ no audio device: please help stuck w/ no audio deviceKIND HELPFUL AMERICANS: I am just going to start by saying, yes I am using Windows 7 professional. And, yes I understand that support has ended. Now, I am going to beg for your assistance. Please. I actually became computer obsessed as a...
  5. Bluetooth audio connection nightmares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio connection nightmares: Hello,I have the following Bluetooth audio devices:- Lepow modre codecs: God knows- Sennheiser PXC 550 aptX- Sennheiser PXC 550-II SBC, AAC, aptX- Sony WH-1000XM5 SBC, AAC, LDACNone of them works with Windows PC correctly, but all work with Android phones and Linux PC.Here...
  6. Bluetooth audio connection nightmares

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio connection nightmares: Hello,I have the following Bluetooth audio devices:- Lepow modre codecs: God knows- Sennheiser PXC 550 aptX- Sennheiser PXC 550-II SBC, AAC, aptX- Sony WH-1000XM5 SBC, AAC, LDACNone of them works with Windows PC correctly, but all work with Android phones and Linux PC.Here...
  7. Bluetooth audio connection nightmares

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. External audio device detected when no audio device is plugged

External audio device detected when no audio device is plugged: My pc detects audio device when no audio device is plugged.I have not plugged any audio device but there is speaker in playback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-audio-device-detected-when-no-audio/1e426f44-a7eb-478f-a523-2eb923a2eb12
  9. WINDOWS 10 PIN NIGHTMARE PLEASE HELP!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WINDOWS 10 PIN NIGHTMARE PLEASE HELP!: Hi I'm pretty desperate here. My laptop has locked me out. This started this morning when I decided to log in under my MS account to attach the device to MS Family Safety so I can control my sosn's activityu on this device. My account is an adult MS account and is the...
  10. No Audio Output Device is installed PLEASE HELP ;_;

No Audio Output Device is installed PLEASE HELP ;_;: I've been working with computers for a while but this has me stumped. Motherboard is a FM2A58M-VG3+ R2.0 Not only do I not have any sound, I also have 9 unknown devices in the AudioBus which I have attempted to update to no avail, using windows update, various update...