Windows 10: Nightmare

Discus and support Nightmare in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Settings is not working it opens blank, my Windows Update has disappeared and all my update history is gone. Any devices connected t my USB are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PriscillaHazell, May 8, 2020.

1. Nightmare

My Settings is not working it opens blank, my Windows Update has disappeared and all my update history is gone. Any devices connected t my USB are not recognised. I rarely use my laptop but on opening yesterday, its been hell. I have no idea what else to do other than throw this laptop against a wall. I have spent the last 2 days working on every help solution provided - dism or sfc and nothing works. Please help. If its any help my laptop came with a windows licence but my Office is part of my daughter's contract. I am almost pc tech illiterate!!

:)

PriscillaHazell, May 8, 2020

2. $48.99 Samsung 30nm DDR3 1600 hitting 2133?!?

What a guy! I would love to step up like this but my post office is a nightmare (and what happens if they get lost en route?).

Wrigleyvillain, May 8, 2020
  3. PC Suite - The Ultimate Nightmare

hi all.i also have a nightmare of trying to connect to my n80. i am a bit of a tech newby,so step by step guides are best for me. i have xp sp2,nokia pc suite 6.81.13.0,want to connect via usb. i have seen 4 error messages in total :- 1,there is no available
    connection type and therefore connection to phone cannot be established.the wizard will exit. 2,failed to detect available connection types!please reinstall nokia pc suite. 3,connection to nokia pc suite failed.please reinstall nokia pc suite.(code:initimediacontrol2)
    4,executable 'd:\nokia_n80.exe'had the following unrecoverable error:couldn't find find library msvcr80.dll (required by c:\program files\windows defender\mpshhook.dll/) please ensure that it is installed. if someone can help please forgive my tech ignorance.
    Nightmare ;)

caveman---01, May 8, 2020
  4. P.Fairman Win User

Nightmare

Shimeji, my desktop nightmare

I recently discovered a Shimeji on DeviantArt and it was a shimeji of my favourite childhood TV Character, so I decided to install him. I know how Shimejis work, I had three others on my laptop, but to get to the point, he has been a living nightmare for
    me. I have done every step correctly to get a shimeji onto my desktop, but it does not work with this one. These were my steps:

1: Downloaded the Shmeji

2: Let it on to my computer

3: Extracted it with WinRAR

4: I then put it on my desktop

5: I clicked on the Shimeji with the white face on in a screen

Now, that usually means a little friend would appear on my computer screen right? Wrong. A message pops up in Japanese saying I need to download Java, even though I have it already AND it is updated to the most recent version. I've done everything right! Please,
    I need help. I've had to wipe my computer clean because this destroyed it. I'd really appreciate the help. I've done every step needed. Also, I am using Windows 10.

P.Fairman, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Nightmare

1. Nightmare - Similar Threads - Nightmare

2. My one drive is a total nightmare!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My one drive is a total nightmare!: I spend hours and hours deleting duplicates and garbage GIF **** from Wild Tangent games, H and R Block etc............ Please Help I delete them and it puts them right back?...
  3. Windows 11 Crashing Nightmare!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Crashing Nightmare!: Hello, Just left Windows 10 to a brand new Windows 11 machine which has arrived Latest Ryzen 9, 96Gb RAM etc.. and it's started crashing when I've just started using it and I've got nothing on it - the only thing I've ever done is started OneDrive and it's been restoring my...
  4. My one drive is a total nightmare!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My one drive is a total nightmare!: I spend hours and hours deleting duplicates and garbage GIF **** from Wild Tangent games, H and R Block etc............ Please Help I delete them and it puts them right back?...
  5. Windows 11 Crashing Nightmare!

Windows 11 Crashing Nightmare!: Hello, Just left Windows 10 to a brand new Windows 11 machine which has arrived Latest Ryzen 9, 96Gb RAM etc.. and it's started crashing when I've just started using it and I've got nothing on it - the only thing I've ever done is started OneDrive and it's been restoring my...
  6. wsl installation nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsl installation nightmare: Hey guys,Haven't been able to install wsl on windows. Here's a summary of my pain:PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl -d Ubuntu-22.04 There is no distribution with the supplied name. Error code: Wsl/Service/WSL_E_DISTRO_NOT_FOUND PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-22.04 Ubuntu 22.04...
  7. wsl installation nightmare

wsl installation nightmare: Hey guys,Haven't been able to install wsl on windows. Here's a summary of my pain:PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl -d Ubuntu-22.04 There is no distribution with the supplied name. Error code: Wsl/Service/WSL_E_DISTRO_NOT_FOUND PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-22.04 Ubuntu 22.04...
  8. Customer Service Nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customer Service Nightmare: I am completely lost and being turned in circles by Microsoft's highly mediocre customer service apparatus. Frustrated, I am turning here, as I have lost a month and a half trying to right this security issue and not been given the proper treatment from the higher their...
  9. Customer Service Nightmare

Customer Service Nightmare: I am completely lost and being turned in circles by Microsoft's highly mediocre customer service apparatus. Frustrated, I am turning here, as I have lost a month and a half trying to right this security issue and not been given the proper treatment from the higher their...
  10. y Big Pond emails cause you will not allow outlook to open them. Please sort this nightmare!!

y Big Pond emails cause you will not allow outlook to open them. Please sort this nightmare!!: I only have a phone so cannot use apps, nor double verification as messages are not received or not accessible. I easily forget passwords that are too long/many. How do I deal with the constant updates and demands? I do not play games, keep them off the computer, nor do I...