Windows 10: Nightmares on windows 10 street !

Discus and support Nightmares on windows 10 street ! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all. I was here the other day, after my original copy of windows 10 64 bit on my own personal laptop decided to go screwy on me. (Note : I am the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gary Armitage, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Nightmares on windows 10 street !

Hi all.

I was here the other day, after my original copy of windows 10 64 bit on my own personal laptop decided to go screwy on me.

(Note : I am the owner - and sole user of this machine at home !)

Eventually, after all repairs and fixes failed, I bit the bullet.

First - I dragged all my files and documents off onto my external drive, and the excess/overflow going to my memory sticks.

Then I copied as many Key codes as I could find, for my paid programs, onto paper, ready for reinstallation.

Once happy (ish) , I did a clean windows install.

Logged in just fine.

Then checked for - and downloaded all available updates.

created restore point.

rebooted.

Logged in as usual.

everything seemed fine, so I spent the next day, re-downloading my programs (Paid and free).

All went without a hitch.

The very next day (Yesterday) the login screen came up with a notice in the middle, stating my copy of windows 10 would soon be unsupported, and to click to update.

Gutted,I obviously accepted this.

Then it gave three options:

to keep files

to keep files and programs

to keep nothing.

Only the "keep nothing" option was available to me, as apparently My C drive could be some kind of strange place for my OS to reside !

OK - I thought, just go ahead, and lose a day's work. At least I will be up to date.

After about an hour, we are ready to log in.

Then login screen came up with nothing else but "Other User" ! need I say more!!!

So luckily I have an Android pad, and worked around the problem via online instructions, gained via the pad.

And I was IN ! or so I thought....

Now I am at a stage where I CAN (And am in here now writing this) log in to my own account.

Windows however, has, at the latest update/build, seen fit to create an Admin Account, alongside My own account !

I am elevated right to the bottom !!!!!!!!!!!

So now, whenever I try to do anything, it asks for permissions. Fair enough, except as I have never created a password for this new Admin account in the first place, how am I supposed to access it , to move forward?

Online they say - login to the Admin account and change the password ! haha - very funny.

I now have no spare memory on my pen drives, as they are holding much of my rescued stuff, which would not fit on my external. I have no Blank CD's.

All I want to do now, is to reset this new Admin account password - to something I DO know, so that I can reinstall everything, which I either daren't risk at the moment, in case of another reset. Presently - this laptop is a virtual Brick to use ! Advice anyone? Best regards. Gaz.

:)

Gary Armitage, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Nightmares on windows 10 street !

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Nightmares on windows 10 street !

1. Nightmares on windows 10 street ! - Similar Threads - Nightmares street

2. My one drive is a total nightmare!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My one drive is a total nightmare!: I spend hours and hours deleting duplicates and garbage GIF **** from Wild Tangent games, H and R Block etc............ Please Help I delete them and it puts them right back?...
  3. Windows 11 Crashing Nightmare!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Crashing Nightmare!: Hello, Just left Windows 10 to a brand new Windows 11 machine which has arrived Latest Ryzen 9, 96Gb RAM etc.. and it's started crashing when I've just started using it and I've got nothing on it - the only thing I've ever done is started OneDrive and it's been restoring my...
  4. My one drive is a total nightmare!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My one drive is a total nightmare!: I spend hours and hours deleting duplicates and garbage GIF **** from Wild Tangent games, H and R Block etc............ Please Help I delete them and it puts them right back?...
  5. Windows 11 Crashing Nightmare!

Windows 11 Crashing Nightmare!: Hello, Just left Windows 10 to a brand new Windows 11 machine which has arrived Latest Ryzen 9, 96Gb RAM etc.. and it's started crashing when I've just started using it and I've got nothing on it - the only thing I've ever done is started OneDrive and it's been restoring my...
  6. wsl installation nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsl installation nightmare: Hey guys,Haven't been able to install wsl on windows. Here's a summary of my pain:PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl -d Ubuntu-22.04 There is no distribution with the supplied name. Error code: Wsl/Service/WSL_E_DISTRO_NOT_FOUND PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-22.04 Ubuntu 22.04...
  7. wsl installation nightmare

wsl installation nightmare: Hey guys,Haven't been able to install wsl on windows. Here's a summary of my pain:PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl -d Ubuntu-22.04 There is no distribution with the supplied name. Error code: Wsl/Service/WSL_E_DISTRO_NOT_FOUND PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-22.04 Ubuntu 22.04...
  8. Customer Service Nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customer Service Nightmare: I am completely lost and being turned in circles by Microsoft's highly mediocre customer service apparatus. Frustrated, I am turning here, as I have lost a month and a half trying to right this security issue and not been given the proper treatment from the higher their...
  9. Customer Service Nightmare

Customer Service Nightmare: I am completely lost and being turned in circles by Microsoft's highly mediocre customer service apparatus. Frustrated, I am turning here, as I have lost a month and a half trying to right this security issue and not been given the proper treatment from the higher their...
  10. y Big Pond emails cause you will not allow outlook to open them. Please sort this nightmare!!

y Big Pond emails cause you will not allow outlook to open them. Please sort this nightmare!!: I only have a phone so cannot use apps, nor double verification as messages are not received or not accessible. I easily forget passwords that are too long/many. How do I deal with the constant updates and demands? I do not play games, keep them off the computer, nor do I...