Windows 10: Nikon Camera

Discus and support Nikon Camera in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new computer with Window 10. I connected my Nikon camera to download pictures I have taken and keeps saying I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scott C42, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Scott C42 Win User

Nikon Camera

I recently purchased a new computer with Window 10. I connected my Nikon camera to download pictures I have taken and keeps saying I don't have permission. My account that I sign into is an administrator account. I'm at a total loss for what is happening here. I can see it and download on the Win7 computer just fine.

:)

Scott C42, Apr 6, 2020

2. Nikon camera's

Hi

A few weeks ago, I upgraded to Windows 10 and when I connected my Nikon D500 everything went exactly as I would have expected. Now when I plug the camera in it finds the most recent pictures and will then ask me if I want to download them.

Last night I connected a brand-new Nikon D 850 this is the same generation camera they are almost identical other than the sensor size.

The D850 though will not open up the pictures program and ask me if I I want to download photos.

I can accomplish it by going to settings, Devices, that on the right devices and printers, and double click on download pictures and videos ?

Obviously I would like to skip all those steps if you can offer any suggestion

Both of these cameras have been released in the past 3 years they are not older cameras

Thank you kindly

Steve

Steve McGinley, Apr 6, 2020
  3. After updating Build 10240 Windows not recognize Nikon D7000 photos

Thanks - you're using terminology that is easy to understand (file explorer) - it's MS that keeps changing the names of things *Wink

It's been a while since I connected my camera via USB, but I'll give it a shot and see what I see on this side.

Could you post the Device and Printers screen shot? While you're in that dialog window, right click your camera and see if there is a troubleshooter.

You probably already set the camera USB mode, but here's what Nikon says:
    Camera USB setting : MTP or PTP

This is old although it might point you in the right direction:
    Troubleshooting Steps for Windows USB connection issues | Nikon Knowledgebase

I'lll post again after I try my camera.

Slartybart, Apr 6, 2020
  4. wintf Win User

Nikon Camera

Nikon D5300 camera detected as COM, not portable device

As title says, when connecting a Nikon D5300 camera to my desktop it appears as a serial (COM6) device in device manager.
    It should be detected as a portable device. (As it does when connected to my laptop)

It is not shown in Explorer and no software for the camera detects it, including Nikon software which is tested for Win10 compatibility. (image transfer and remote control)

wintf, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Nikon Camera

1. Nikon Camera - Similar Threads - Nikon Camera

2. I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...: I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to my new laptop running Windows 11: 1. I have installed latest Nikon NEF Codec on this Windows 11 computer.2. When I connect D850 camera through USB cable to the computer, the D850 folder...
  3. I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...: I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to my new laptop running Windows 11: 1. I have installed latest Nikon NEF Codec on this Windows 11 computer.2. When I connect D850 camera through USB cable to the computer, the D850 folder...
  4. Nikon camera showing up as MTP Portable Device - software doesn't recognize the camera.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nikon camera showing up as MTP Portable Device - software doesn't recognize the camera.: I am running Windows 11 via Parallels on my new M1 MacBook Pro. The camera appears as a "MTP Portable Device" in my device manager under "Portable Devices." On my old windows laptop, it was always shown correctly as the "Nikon Z 6." It also worked perfectly with the same...
  5. Nikon camera showing up as MTP Portable Device - software doesn't recognize the camera.

Nikon camera showing up as MTP Portable Device - software doesn't recognize the camera.: I am running Windows 11 via Parallels on my new M1 MacBook Pro. The camera appears as a "MTP Portable Device" in my device manager under "Portable Devices." On my old windows laptop, it was always shown correctly as the "Nikon Z 6." It also worked perfectly with the same...
  6. Nikon Camera P1000 Bluetooth and Wifi Connections

Nikon Camera P1000 Bluetooth and Wifi Connections: MY bluetooth is telling me on my pc that there is nothing associated with Bluetooth and I need to associate a file or something. I wish to connect my new camera but if BT is non functioning, I am stuck. 177932
  7. Extremely slow transfer and viewing file details of Nikon Z6 II camera files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow transfer and viewing file details of Nikon Z6 II camera files: I recently got a Nikon Z6 II camera and the image files it produces NEF files seem to be creating serious issues with Windows.When I copy them from an SD card they transfer extremely slowly ~30 MB/s. Other image files from the same SD card and card reader tansfer at 80 - 90...
  8. EXIF data for Nikon D780 camera in File Explorer

EXIF data for Nikon D780 camera in File Explorer: Why I can't see EXIF data and the thumbnails images for the images made with camera Nikon D780? I can see all data for other cameras. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exif-data-for-nikon-d780-camera-in-file-explorer/764ecc49-49bc-4e74-8e1f-7e6aa7bf8f3d
  9. Windows 10 won't recognize my Nikon Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't recognize my Nikon Camera: As of yesterday Windows 10 won't recognize my camera. I connect through USB as U have dozens of time before and nothing. It's not the cord it's not the ports cuz they work for other things . The camera is on. It is usually recognized immediately now nothing....
  10. Windows 10 freezing when downloading photos from my Nikon camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 freezing when downloading photos from my Nikon camera: It used to be fine. In the past couple of weeks it searches for the photos and finds them - in a different window to before but then the none box is showing and you cannot change that so cannot download latest photos. Is this because of an update and if so, will there be a...