Windows 10: nikon coolpixl840 isn't recognized.

Discus and support nikon coolpixl840 isn't recognized. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My Nikon Coolpix l840 camera isn't recognized since I upgraded to WIN10. It was fine in previous versions. I just saw in another forum that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alant, May 14, 2016.

1. alant Win User

nikon coolpixl840 isn't recognized.

Hello,
    My Nikon Coolpix l840 camera isn't recognized since I upgraded to WIN10. It was fine in previous versions. I just saw in another forum that they resolved the issue my replacing the usb cable with another. I couldn't see how that could be the case. I also tried to just inserting the sd card into the pc. Still nothing. At one point, a message did pop up asking about transferring pictures. I thought I found it! It gave some sort of error and stated to make sure the device was on and unlocked (which it was). I found a driver on Nikon's website that I tried, but it didn't matter either. I'm not positive it was the correct driver however. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

:)

alant, May 14, 2016

2. Importing Photos

I am trying to import photos from a Nikon Coolpix camera to my PC. The PC isn't recognizing the camera. What do I need to do?

myrabruner, May 14, 2016
  3. robhelton Win User
    Nikon Coolpix 5600 camera is not detected in Windows 10.

Original title: my nikon coolpix 5600 camera

why does windows 10 not recognize my Nikon Coolpix 5600 camera ? worked fine with windows xp.

robhelton, May 14, 2016
  4. marsmimar Win User

Just to make sure we're on the same page, the only info I could find was for a Coolpix L840. According to the Nikon Download Center the lastest drivers for the Coolpix L840 are ViewNX-i & Capture NX-D. They are available individually or bundled together and are suitable for Windows 10 Home and Pro. Click on the large gray software button.

Nikon | Download center | COOLPIX L840

If you open the "View download page" link it provides more info about the drivers as well as specific instructions for installation. If the updated drivers don't fix things you could try using your camera in compatibility mode under Windows 7. If all else fails, there's a link to customer support at the bottom of the home page. Hope some of this helps.

Compatibility Mode Settings for Apps - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

marsmimar, May 15, 2016
  5. alant Win User
    I just updated the software (both). I also just bent the cord connection to the camera, so that's out for now. I inserted the SD card and I don't think it's even recognized by the pc (under "this PC"). Should I at least be able to see the card? Or should I be looking somewhere else?

alant, May 17, 2016
  6. marsmimar Win User
    Yes, the SD card should be recognized as a removable drive under "This PC". It should also be assigned its own drive letter. Are you using a separate card reader that's plugged into a USB port or does your computer have a dedicated slot?

It would also help to know more about your computer. Please fill in your system specs by clicking User CP at the top of any page. In the left column you should see Edit System Specs.

marsmimar, May 17, 2016
  7. alant Win User
    I just updated the specs to the best of my knowledge. The computer has a dedicated slot. Also, someone just mentioned something to me about plug and play services may need to be started. Is that anything?

alant, May 17, 2016
  8. marsmimar Win User

marsmimar, May 17, 2016
  9. badrobot Win User
    badrobot, May 17, 2016
  10. alant Win User
    I just checked the HP website and there were no WIN10 updates available. I checked the Plug and Play and it was already on. I stumbled across AUTORUN in the settings and could see the camera card there. I changed the dropdown to import photos. Works like a charm now. Thanks for all of your help!

alant, May 18, 2016
  11. marsmimar Win User
    Fantastic! Thanks for posting back with the great news.

marsmimar, May 18, 2016
  12. badrobot Win User
    This kind of problem is rarely encountered. In fact, I never encountered it after doing hundreds of clean installations and upgrades to date. This features always works automatically for me. I'm glad you sorted it out.

badrobot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. nikon coolpixl840 isn't recognized. - Similar Threads - nikon coolpixl840 isn't

2. Touchpad isn't recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad isn't recognized: I got a new laptop Lenovo ThinkBook 15 IIL recently which had Ms Dos as the OS, i installed ubuntu Linux mint 20.10 and i had my touchpad working just fine. I uninstalled the Linux and installed windows 10 pro and my touchpad isn't even recognized. I have checked for the...
  3. Windows 10 won't recognize my Nikon Camera

Windows 10 won't recognize my Nikon Camera: As of yesterday Windows 10 won't recognize my camera. I connect through USB as U have dozens of time before and nothing. It's not the cord it's not the ports cuz they work for other things . The camera is on. It is usually recognized immediately now nothing....
  4. Nikon Camera

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nikon Camera: I recently purchased a new computer with Window 10. I connected my Nikon camera to download pictures I have taken and keeps saying I don't have permission. My account that I sign into is an administrator account. I'm at a total loss for what is happening here. I can see it...
  5. NIKON NX 2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NIKON NX 2: My NIKON NX 2 photo uploading and editing program crashes as soon as I open it, since the recent Microsoft Malware update . I've re-booted, re-installed the program... All to no avail. Nikon says it's a Microsoft problem. How can I get it the NIKON NX 2 program back and...
  6. Disk drive isn't recognized

Disk drive isn't recognized: Hello. I am trying to use an external hard drive to free up some space on my computer. However, when I plugged it in via USB, there was no pop up window, and I could not find it in the documents. I am using a windows 10 laptop and a SP Silicon power drive. I read other...
  7. Nikon D3400

Nikon D3400: When i plug my Nikon D3400 into my laptop it does not do anything. It used to prompt the questions to start the download of the pictures but now it does not act like it sees anything at all. It does not show it as a USB connection or anything.... Thanks in advance for the...
  8. Nikon camera's

Nikon camera's: Hi A few weeks ago, I upgraded to Windows 10 and when I connected my Nikon D500 everything went exactly as I would have expected. Now when I plug the camera in it finds the most recent pictures and will then ask me if I want to download them. Last night I connected a...
  9. Nikon D7200 no longer recognized

Nikon D7200 no longer recognized: I have a Nikon D7200 that used to be recognized by my computer, now it is not, this occurred after an update to Windows 10, any suggestions would be appreciated, BTW Nikon does not provide the drivers....
  10. Nikon D50

Nikon D50: Hi Anyone have any clues how to make my Nikon D50 camera work on Windows 10? It worked fine on XP and 7, but not at all since upgrading to 10. The windows 10 help page has a link to Nikon, but the D50 driver is not available from there. 20091