Windows 10: Nikon CoolScan IV ED and Windows 10

Discus and support Nikon CoolScan IV ED and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Previously I have been able to interface this scanner with Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8.1 using the driver provided online by Steel Chn. Windows 10 as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by REMAC, Oct 14, 2020.

1. REMAC Win User

Nikon CoolScan IV ED and Windows 10

Previously I have been able to interface this scanner with Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8.1 using the driver provided online by Steel Chn.

Windows 10 as a native install on a new computer (HP Envy) is another matter altogether.

In addition to the driver provided by Steel Chn, I have tried the following third party drivers without success:

ControlSpace: Nikon Scan on 64-bit Windows (Vista, 7, 8, 10)

Axel Rietschin: Nikon LS-40 / LS-50 / LS-5000 Scanners on Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista 64-bit!

I have also downloaded both Vuescan and Silverfast without success.

I have several computers and this I find to be of significance: one of my legacy computers (HP Pavilion) running Windows 10 which I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro IS working with the ControlSpace driver (see above).

Additionally other software applications are installing and running on the Upgraded computer, but not the new computer on which Windows 10 came installed.

Anyone else have a similar experience/solution?

:)

REMAC, Oct 14, 2020

2. Nikon Scan LS-50 ED Windows 10 drivers for Coolscan V ED film scanner?

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you need Nikon Scan LS-50 ED Windows 10 drivers for Coolscan V ED film scanner and I'd be certainly help you to resolve the issue.

I like to inform you that, Nikon Scan LS-50 ED Windows 10 driver is not available for Coolscan V ED film scanner.

Let’s try to refer to the link below or post your query to the technical support team of Nikon and check, if it helps you.

http://answers.nikonusa.com/answers...-questions-answers/questions.htm?sort=recenta

Also , this issue occurs due to the incompatible Nikon Scan LS-50 ED driver on your system.

I suggest you to install the Nikon Scan LS-50 ED driver (Windows XP or Windows Vista) in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the Nikon Scan LS-50 ED driver (Windows XP or Windows Vista) in compatibility mode.

1. Download the Nikon Scan LS-50 ED driver (Windows XP or Windows Vista) from the manufacturer’s website:

https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13783/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDYxMjQyMDczL3NpZC9yRnBUOUFPbQ%3D%3D

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System (Windows XP or Windows Vista) from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Nikon Scan LS-50 ED Windows 10 drivers for Coolscan V ED film scanner?

I have managed to install Nikon Scan for my Coolscan V ED film scanner in Windows 10 but I need a driver for this scanner. It is LS-50 ED. How do I proceed ?

Old title: Nikon scan- ls-50 ed driver.

Johnkoomuksan, Oct 14, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

Using Nikon Coolscan with Windows 10

Official Nikon support for that scanner ended with Windows Vista.

This isn't free, but consider:

Nikon CoolScan 4000 ED Driver and Software | VueScan

You can download a free trial to see whether it works for you. I'm not sure, but the Vuescan drivers may support other software as well.

bobkn, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Nikon CoolScan IV ED and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Nikon CoolScan

2. I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...: I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to my new laptop running Windows 11: 1. I have installed latest Nikon NEF Codec on this Windows 11 computer.2. When I connect D850 camera through USB cable to the computer, the D850 folder...
  3. I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...: I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to my new laptop running Windows 11: 1. I have installed latest Nikon NEF Codec on this Windows 11 computer.2. When I connect D850 camera through USB cable to the computer, the D850 folder...
  4. How can I get the drivers for a Film Scanner NIKON LS-40 ED ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get the drivers for a Film Scanner NIKON LS-40 ED ?: Connected to my PC is recognized and configured by Windows 10 but drivers are not found and loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-the-drivers-for-a-film-scanner-nikon/a73ec303-8ed4-4a73-a6cd-5b4cf8f5e085
  5. How can I get the drivers for a Film Scanner NIKON LS-40 ED ?

How can I get the drivers for a Film Scanner NIKON LS-40 ED ?: Connected to my PC is recognized and configured by Windows 10 but drivers are not found and loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-the-drivers-for-a-film-scanner-nikon/a73ec303-8ed4-4a73-a6cd-5b4cf8f5e085
  6. How can I get the drivers for a Film Scanner NIKON LS-40 ED ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Nikon camera showing up as MTP Portable Device - software doesn't recognize the camera.

Nikon camera showing up as MTP Portable Device - software doesn't recognize the camera.: I am running Windows 11 via Parallels on my new M1 MacBook Pro. The camera appears as a "MTP Portable Device" in my device manager under "Portable Devices." On my old windows laptop, it was always shown correctly as the "Nikon Z 6." It also worked perfectly with the same...
  8. Nikon Coolscan 4000ED Causes BSOD When Powered On

Nikon Coolscan 4000ED Causes BSOD When Powered On: I have a rather serious problem with Windows 10 Pro that I did not have with Windows 7 Pro... when I power on my Nikon slide scanner, Windows abruptly halts and I lose all my work. This happened the first time I hooked it up, even before I installed drivers and software for...
  9. nikon coolscan 4000

nikon coolscan 4000: Cannot get win 10 pro 64 to recognize the coolscann 4000 (CS). When I look up printers & scanners and turn on the CS, the CS shows up, but it just says dealt. I have tried Nikon software and vuescan but neither recognize the CS. Is there any Microsoft solution to recognize...
  10. Using Nikon Coolscan with Windows 10

Using Nikon Coolscan with Windows 10: Thanks to a very informative post in Windows SevenForum (http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/4...rk-w7-x64.html) I have been using my Coolscan with win7 for the past 5 years without problems. I am now about to switch OS to Win-10. Does anyone have any experience what...