Windows 10: Nikon D7500 not appearing on Windows when using USB

Discus and support Nikon D7500 not appearing on Windows when using USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Nikon D7500 is not appearing on my PC when connected with USB. There is no notification of it being available and it does not appear on the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IvanO'Neill, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Nikon D7500 not appearing on Windows when using USB

My Nikon D7500 is not appearing on my PC when connected with USB. There is no notification of it being available and it does not appear on the device manager. My Windows is up to date, as is the camera's firmware. I do not have any 3rd party antivirus software installed. I have used about 5/6 different USB cables with none working. I tried the same with another computer with Windows but the same problem persisted.

:)

IvanO'Neill, Jan 13, 2021
  2. AJMooreJr Win User

Nikon D7500 Connection

I am trying to connect a Nikon D7500 to Windows 10, but W10 does not recognize the device. Any ideas?

AJMooreJr, Jan 13, 2021
  3. johnptd Win User
    When will Windows 10 Photos support the Nikon D7500 Raw files?

The Nikon D7500 DSLR has been available for about a year and still Windows 10 Photos app cannot open the Raw images created by the camera. When will it be updated to do so?

JohnD

johnptd, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Nikon D7500 not appearing on Windows when using USB

After updating Build 10240 Windows not recognize Nikon D7000 photos

Thanks - you're using terminology that is easy to understand (file explorer) - it's MS that keeps changing the names of things *Wink

It's been a while since I connected my camera via USB, but I'll give it a shot and see what I see on this side.

Could you post the Device and Printers screen shot? While you're in that dialog window, right click your camera and see if there is a troubleshooter.

You probably already set the camera USB mode, but here's what Nikon says:
    Camera USB setting : MTP or PTP

This is old although it might point you in the right direction:
    Troubleshooting Steps for Windows USB connection issues | Nikon Knowledgebase

I'lll post again after I try my camera.

Slartybart, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Nikon D7500 not appearing on Windows when using USB

1. Nikon D7500 not appearing on Windows when using USB - Similar Threads - Nikon D7500 appearing

2. Strange USB folder appearing in "recently used files"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange USB folder appearing in "recently used files": Hi there,last night my wife noticed a strange folder + file names had appeared under the "recently used files" section of windows 10 on her desktop PC.she said she'd never seen them before and had no idea where they came fromlooked at their properties and they were all...
  3. Nikon Camera

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nikon Camera: I recently purchased a new computer with Window 10. I connected my Nikon camera to download pictures I have taken and keeps saying I don't have permission. My account that I sign into is an administrator account. I'm at a total loss for what is happening here. I can see it...
  4. NIKON NX 2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NIKON NX 2: My NIKON NX 2 photo uploading and editing program crashes as soon as I open it, since the recent Microsoft Malware update . I've re-booted, re-installed the program... All to no avail. Nikon says it's a Microsoft problem. How can I get it the NIKON NX 2 program back and...
  5. Nikon D3400

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nikon D3400: When i plug my Nikon D3400 into my laptop it does not do anything. It used to prompt the questions to start the download of the pictures but now it does not act like it sees anything at all. It does not show it as a USB connection or anything.... Thanks in advance for the...
  6. Nikon camera's

Nikon camera's: Hi A few weeks ago, I upgraded to Windows 10 and when I connected my Nikon D500 everything went exactly as I would have expected. Now when I plug the camera in it finds the most recent pictures and will then ask me if I want to download them. Last night I connected a...
  7. nikon coolscan 4000

nikon coolscan 4000: Cannot get win 10 pro 64 to recognize the coolscann 4000 (CS). When I look up printers & scanners and turn on the CS, the CS shows up, but it just says dealt. I have tried Nikon software and vuescan but neither recognize the CS. Is there any Microsoft solution to recognize...
  8. windows 10 and nikon d7100

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 and nikon d7100: ok... last night i finnally updated my computer from win8.1 to 10. im in the middle of taking pictures for my website... for the past 6 months or so i would take about 200 or more pictures a week. last night i finnally reached 10k. It created a new folder and started...
  9. Using Nikon Coolscan with Windows 10

Using Nikon Coolscan with Windows 10: Thanks to a very informative post in Windows SevenForum (http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/4...rk-w7-x64.html) I have been using my Coolscan with win7 for the past 5 years without problems. I am now about to switch OS to Win-10. Does anyone have any experience what...
  10. Nikon D50

Nikon D50: Hi Anyone have any clues how to make my Nikon D50 camera work on Windows 10? It worked fine on XP and 7, but not at all since upgrading to 10. The windows 10 help page has a link to Nikon, but the D50 driver is not available from there. 20091