Windows 10: Nikon D850 RAW/NEF files thumbnails not showing preview / not supported by Windows 10

Discus and support Nikon D850 RAW/NEF files thumbnails not showing preview / not supported by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a Nikon D850. I shoot in RAW. When I download the photos and videos, the thumbnails do not show preview like it used to do with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZiyadMatti, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Nikon D850 RAW/NEF files thumbnails not showing preview / not supported by Windows 10

Hi,

I recently bought a Nikon D850. I shoot in RAW. When I download the photos and videos, the thumbnails do not show preview like it used to do with my previous D810. The "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is not checked. The video thumbnails show preview though. It looks like the files are not supported by Windows 10.

Are we waiting for windows to provide an update/solution to this problem? or is there anything I can do to get this fixed at my end? Please help. Thank you.

Regards,

Ziyad Matti

:)

ZiyadMatti, Jan 13, 2019

2. Unable to show .nef thumbnails on windows 10

When going to any folder with .nef files, from my nikon d850, no thumbnails are shown. I have tried:

Click on View tab and check if the below options are checked:

• Display file icon on thumbnails

• Show preview handlers in preview pane.
    d. Uncheck the below options:

• Always show icons, never thumbnails

• Always show menu

e. Enable or disable any other options you wish to make changes on by checking and unchecking the adjacent option boxes.

f. Click on Apply and OK.

This did nothing.

I can see the .nef files from all of my older cameras like the d750.

Thank you

OssianLangenborg, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Not able to see NEF image Raw files(Nikon) in windows 10.

Hi,

There are few reasons why you were not able to open your raw file images on your Windows 10 computer, and one of the possibilities is that you may still need a certain program to open this type of file.

For you to receive better assistance, we suggest that you contact
    Nikon support
    so that they can give you the available options on which programs will be best for you to work on your NEF image raw files.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Sean XY Win User

Nikon D850 RAW/NEF files thumbnails not showing preview / not supported by Windows 10

How not to review raw Image Files In Windows 10?!

I use other software to view and edit my Nikon *.NEF raw files. I DO NOT wish to preview any *.NEF raw files in Windows 10 Explorer. Please help!

Sean XY, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Nikon D850 RAW/NEF files thumbnails not showing preview / not supported by Windows 10

1. Nikon D850 RAW/NEF files thumbnails not showing preview / not supported by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Nikon D850 RAW

2. I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...: I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to my new laptop running Windows 11: 1. I have installed latest Nikon NEF Codec on this Windows 11 computer.2. When I connect D850 camera through USB cable to the computer, the D850 folder...
  3. I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to...: I cannot transfer .NEF files out from my Nikon D850 camera through USB cable connection to my new laptop running Windows 11: 1. I have installed latest Nikon NEF Codec on this Windows 11 computer.2. When I connect D850 camera through USB cable to the computer, the D850 folder...
  4. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  5. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  6. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Thumbnail previews is not showing on Windows 10

Thumbnail previews is not showing on Windows 10: I can't see any of image in windows 10 if I want to see image i have to open it or image thumbnail are missing it is frustrating for opening every image...
  8. nikon nef files quandry

nikon nef files quandry: Hi All Have i got a problem or what?? i downloaded 429 nef filesnikon photos to a directory on my desktop a few weeks ago. I had a look at the directory a couple of days ago and i noticed the files were now a graphic of 2 mountains and a moon in the right corner and 2...
  9. Failure opening Nikon Z6 NEF photos

Failure opening Nikon Z6 NEF photos: I installed the latest Windows 10 update, version 1903. I installed the RAW Windows extension. I use Windows Photos App. NEF files from my Z6 on an XQD card will open and look fine, but will collapse into random horizontal streaks in 3-4 seconds. What gives? NEF (RAW)...
  10. PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail

PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail: I had this issue a few months ago, where all my PNG files stopped showing their preview thumbnails on the picture icon. This happened at the same time when my applications started losing their icons images (such as the "Configurations" app, Calculator, and 3rd party...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nef thumbnails windows 10

2. nef files from d850 cant view

3. nikon THUMB NAIL VIEWER

4. where are my nikon raw files,
  5. nef not showing,
  6. cant view d850 raw photos in windows 10,
  7. NEF files windows 10 dont display correctly,
  8. why does the d810 nikon files crash while viewing on windows 10,
  9. how to get nikon d850 raw files to read in windows photo viewwer,
  10. view nef thumbnails in windows 10,
  11. nef photos not showing,