Windows 10: Nikon ViewNX-i and Windows 10 Map function

Discus and support Nikon ViewNX-i and Windows 10 Map function in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For manipulating pictures I installed Nikon ViewNX-i (Version 1.4) on a Computer operating Windows 10 Home, Version 1909, Build 18363.476.; 64 bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JMHP-Laptop, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Nikon ViewNX-i and Windows 10 Map function

For manipulating pictures I installed Nikon ViewNX-i (Version 1.4) on a Computer operating Windows 10 Home, Version 1909, Build 18363.476.; 64 bit Operating System x64-based processor.

The program starts and I can manipulate and store exif/iptc data.

I intend to use the program also to assign geographical data to the pictures.

However, trying to use the built in "map" function results in first closing the program and some time later reopening in the standard mode.

Inspecting the error reports in windows event viewer indicates that ViewNX-i.exe together with module jscript9.dll are responsible for the shutdown.

There is obviously a problem in the interaction between ViewNX-i and the Windows 10 environment.

Application error from Event viewer

Faulting application name: ViewNX-i.exe, version: 1.4.0.3004, time stamp: 0x5d9d8282
    Faulting module name: jscript9.dll, version: 11.0.18362.356, time stamp: 0xf387666c
    Exception code: 0xc0000602
    Fault offset: 0x000000000017c38f
    Faulting process ID: 0xf28
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b397a69c8918
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Nikon\ViewNX-i\ViewNX-i\ViewNX-i.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\jscript9.dll
    Report ID: c866f3ef-9a4b-49c9-bf80-4050088c6e62
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

from Windows Error Reporting

Fault bucket 1670139718686857238, type 4
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0
    Problem signature:
    P1: ViewNX-i.exe
    P2: 1.4.0.3004
    P3: 5d9d8282
    P4: jscript9.dll
    P5: 11.0.18362.356
    P6: f387666c
    P7: c0000602
    P8: 000000000017c38f
    P9:
    P10:

Of course I looked into the additional files provided with this error reporting.

I am not familiar enough with the details provided there, so they are of no help.

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem or how to find the missing part in Windows.

Just note, that I am discussing the issue also with the Nikon Support desk for some weeks.

So far they did not come up with a suggestion nor a solution to the issue.

jm

:)

JMHP-Laptop, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Nikon D5500 Not Recognized by Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that Nikon DSC D5500 is getting recognized on Windows 10.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to compatibility issues.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware troubleshooter and check.

a) Press Windows Key.

b) Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
    enter

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install Nikon ViewNX-i
    in compatibility mode. Check if it helps

To install the Nikon ViewNX-i
    in compatibility mode follow these steps:

a. Download the latest Nikon ViewNX-i software from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the software install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Will Nikon ViewNX 2 software work smooth on my Windows 10 home single language OS ?

Use the new tool Nikon's ViewNX-i. It is windows 10 compatible and is an upgrade to ViewNX2

PhilWalenga, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Nikon ViewNX-i and Windows 10 Map function

Failure opening Nikon Z6 NEF photos

The Z6 NEF files open normally with Photo Viewer but not with the Photos app, which I like to use for some editing. The Nikon ViewNX 2 software will open and display these files, but "Adjustments" does not function. The newer ViewNX-i appears to be fully
    functional for all Nikon files.

HiltonGillis, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Nikon ViewNX-i and Windows 10 Map function

1. Nikon ViewNX-i and Windows 10 Map function - Similar Threads - Nikon ViewNX Map

2. Unable to install Nikon ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Nikon ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D: Hi,When I try to install ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/sw/192.html , installer start unpacking the files and then it crashes . Not sure how to fix this problem. Could you please help me.Tried to follow the steps given in ViewNX-i...
  3. Unable to install Nikon ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Nikon ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D: Hi,When I try to install ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/sw/192.html , installer start unpacking the files and then it crashes . Not sure how to fix this problem. Could you please help me.Tried to follow the steps given in ViewNX-i...
  4. Unable to install Nikon ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Nikon ViewNX-i Unknown publisher error

Nikon ViewNX-i Unknown publisher error: Hi, I downloaded from official Nikon site: https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/products/220/ViewNX-i.html , Last Released ViewNX-i pictureBrowser , but I get install error and installer stopped: Windows protected your PC Microsoft...
  6. ViewNX-i and jscript9.dll

ViewNX-i and jscript9.dll: My computer is reporting the following error:- ViewNX-i Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Nikon\ViewNX-i\ViewNX-i\ViewNX-i.exe Creation Time: 01/03/2020 17:01:38 Problem: Stopped working Status: Report sent...
  7. Nikon D3400

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nikon D3400: When i plug my Nikon D3400 into my laptop it does not do anything. It used to prompt the questions to start the download of the pictures but now it does not act like it sees anything at all. It does not show it as a USB connection or anything.... Thanks in advance for the...
  8. windows 10 and nikon d7100

windows 10 and nikon d7100: ok... last night i finnally updated my computer from win8.1 to 10. im in the middle of taking pictures for my website... for the past 6 months or so i would take about 200 or more pictures a week. last night i finnally reached 10k. It created a new folder and started...
  9. Using Nikon Coolscan with Windows 10

Using Nikon Coolscan with Windows 10: Thanks to a very informative post in Windows SevenForum (http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/4...rk-w7-x64.html) I have been using my Coolscan with win7 for the past 5 years without problems. I am now about to switch OS to Win-10. Does anyone have any experience what...
  10. Nikon D50

Nikon D50: Hi Anyone have any clues how to make my Nikon D50 camera work on Windows 10? It worked fine on XP and 7, but not at all since upgrading to 10. The windows 10 help page has a link to Nikon, but the D50 driver is not available from there. 20091