Windows 10: Nikon ViewNX-i Unknown publisher error

Discus and support Nikon ViewNX-i Unknown publisher error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I downloaded from official Nikon site: https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/products/220/ViewNX-i.html , Last Released... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pappistvan, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Nikon ViewNX-i Unknown publisher error

Hi,

I downloaded from official Nikon site: https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/products/220/ViewNX-i.html ,

Last Released ViewNX-i pictureBrowser , but I get install error and installer stopped:

Windows protected your PC Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

App: S-VNXI__-010405WF-ALLIN-ALL___.exe
    Publisher: Unknown publisher

I have Win 10 Enterprise ver.1909 installed op.sys. What a problem with Nikon digital Signature ???? How can i solve it ????

:)

pappistvan, Mar 20, 2021

2. Nikon ViewNX-i and Windows 10 Map function

For manipulating pictures I installed Nikon ViewNX-i (Version 1.4) on a Computer operating Windows 10
    Home, Version 1909, Build 18363.476.; 64 bit Operating System x64-based processor.

The program starts and I can manipulate and store exif/iptc data.

I intend to use the program also to assign geographical data to the pictures.

However, trying to use the built in "map" function results in first closing the program and some time later reopening in the standard mode.

Inspecting the error reports in windows event viewer indicates that
    ViewNX-i.exe together with module
    jscript9.dll are responsible for the shutdown.

There is obviously a problem in the interaction between ViewNX-i and the Windows 10 environment.

Application error from Event viewer

Faulting application name: ViewNX-i.exe, version: 1.4.0.3004, time stamp: 0x5d9d8282

Faulting module name: jscript9.dll, version: 11.0.18362.356, time stamp: 0xf387666c

Exception code: 0xc0000602

Fault offset: 0x000000000017c38f

Faulting process ID: 0xf28

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b397a69c8918

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Nikon\ViewNX-i\ViewNX-i\ViewNX-i.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\jscript9.dll

Report ID: c866f3ef-9a4b-49c9-bf80-4050088c6e62

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

from Windows Error Reporting

Fault bucket 1670139718686857238, type 4

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: ViewNX-i.exe

P2: 1.4.0.3004

P3: 5d9d8282

P4: jscript9.dll

P5: 11.0.18362.356

P6: f387666c

P7: c0000602

P8: 000000000017c38f

P9:

P10:

Of course I looked into the additional files provided with this error reporting.

I am not familiar enough with the details provided there, so they are of no help.

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem or how to find the missing part in Windows.

Just note, that I am discussing the issue also with the Nikon Support desk for some weeks.

So far they did not come up with a suggestion nor a solution to the issue.

jm

JMHP-Laptop, Mar 20, 2021
  3. jm-Meili Win User
    Nikon ViewNX-i and Windows 10 Map function

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your advice.

Unfortunately I could not apply your suggested solution.

The computer failed completely (due to other actions) and I had to fully reinstall the WIN 10 system,

After installing JAVA and Nikon ViewNX-i the function for adding geographical information to pictures (map function) worked.

So the tool does what I need.

Best regards and happy 2020

jm

jm-Meili, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Nikon ViewNX-i Unknown publisher error

Nikon D5500 Not Recognized by Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that Nikon DSC D5500 is getting recognized on Windows 10.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to compatibility issues.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware troubleshooter and check.

a) Press Windows Key.

b) Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
    enter

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install Nikon ViewNX-i
    in compatibility mode. Check if it helps

To install the Nikon ViewNX-i
    in compatibility mode follow these steps:

a. Download the latest Nikon ViewNX-i software from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the software install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Nikon ViewNX-i Unknown publisher error

1. Nikon ViewNX-i Unknown publisher error - Similar Threads - Nikon ViewNX Unknown

2. Unable to install Nikon ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Nikon ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D: Hi,When I try to install ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/sw/192.html , installer start unpacking the files and then it crashes . Not sure how to fix this problem. Could you please help me.Tried to follow the steps given in ViewNX-i...
  3. Unable to install Nikon ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Nikon ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D: Hi,When I try to install ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/sw/192.html , installer start unpacking the files and then it crashes . Not sure how to fix this problem. Could you please help me.Tried to follow the steps given in ViewNX-i...
  4. Unable to install Nikon ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown Publisher!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Publisher!!: i have ran into today a UAC from a program i downloaded saying it was a Unknown publisher the program is ROBOMIND and it downloaded it from the official site! so question: Can i trust it and click, yes? is robomind even safe? and have you tried and experienced found any...
  6. ViewNX-i and jscript9.dll

ViewNX-i and jscript9.dll: My computer is reporting the following error:- ViewNX-i Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Nikon\ViewNX-i\ViewNX-i\ViewNX-i.exe Creation Time: 01/03/2020 17:01:38 Problem: Stopped working Status: Report sent...
  7. Nikon ViewNX-i and Windows 10 Map function

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nikon ViewNX-i and Windows 10 Map function: For manipulating pictures I installed Nikon ViewNX-i (Version 1.4) on a Computer operating Windows 10 Home, Version 1909, Build 18363.476.; 64 bit Operating System x64-based processor. The program starts and I can manipulate and store exif/iptc data. I intend to use the...
  8. WordPad.exe is suddenly "Publisher: Unknown"

WordPad.exe is suddenly "Publisher: Unknown": I think this must have happened since Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903, I now have to OK it with UAC. Of course I can manage but it's a nuisance and whyever can't Microsoft recognise its own app? And can I fix it? *Huh 138173
  9. Windows 10: cant install java (Unknown publisher error )

Windows 10: cant install java (Unknown publisher error ): [img] Help ? 131870
  10. Windows 10: cant install java (Unknown publisher error )

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: cant install java (Unknown publisher error ): [img] Help ? 131870