Windows 10: Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being recognized by windows.

Discus and support Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being recognized by windows. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I plug this into a USB drive, windows does not register that I have done anything. No sound to indicate that a device has been plugged in. Nada.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SpicySushiRolls, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being recognized by windows.

When I plug this into a USB drive, windows does not register that I have done anything. No sound to indicate that a device has been plugged in. Nada. It's not the port itself as my keyboard and mouse both work fine when plugged in, nor is it the controller or cable as it works fine on my buddies PC. I'm running on a B450 tomahawk mobo. Thanks for any support in advance as this issue has been bugging me for a solid 3 days now.

:)

SpicySushiRolls, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being detected by Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that when you connect the Nintendo Switch Pro controller to the computer, it is not being detected, we will look into this for you.

However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• Does the Nintendo Switch Pro controller gets detected in any other computer?
    • Were you able to use the Nintendo Switch Pro controller earlier on your current computer?
    • Is any other USB Device detected on your computer?
    • Do you see any Unknown device or a yellow yield sign on any device in Device Manager?
    • May I know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

To check for unknown devices, you can press Windows key + X, and select
    Device Manager.

If you see any Unknown device or a device with yellow yield, right click on the device and select
    Update Driver.

However, we would also suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Error: “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive.
    except Method 1 and 2 and check if that helps in resolving the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Nintendo Switch Dock

I found out that I can connect HDMI cables to my HP Pavilion x360. I connected my Nintendo Switch dock, but it wasn't recognized. The little light on the dock was flashing though. Does it have anything to do with projecting to the PC? Is it even possible
    to connect a Nintendo Switch to my PC? If so, how?

Alexander JustRektYou, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being recognized by windows.

Nintendo switch pro controller showing under the wrong category in bluetooth settings

So when i connect my nintendo switch pro controller to my pc using bluetooth it appears under "other devices" and not "mouse, keyboard & pen". When it is under other devices it is basically useless because it isn't detected by steam. So how do i get it
    to show under mous, keyboard & pen?

KalleTuomisto, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being recognized by windows.

1. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being recognized by windows. - Similar Threads - Nintendo Switch Pro

2. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Not detected or Not connecting

in Windows 10 News
    Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Not detected or Not connecting: [ATTACH]Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers have these behemoth buttons that attract loads of gamers. However, as per some reports, Switch Pro Controller is not detected or not connecting. In this article, we are going to talk about this issue in detail and see what should be...
  3. Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth: I can pair my Nintendo switch pro controller and it will be automatically setup by windows, however if I turn the controller off and on again, it doesn't reconnect. To reconnect, I have to remove the device and pair it again. How can I make the controller automatically...
  4. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and Windows 10: Hello. So I have recently built a new PC. Win10 64 bit AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz Mother Board: Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus I have been unable to get Windows 10 to recognize my Nintendo Switch Pro controller. This controller worked and...
  5. Switch Pro Controller not being recognized correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switch Pro Controller not being recognized correctly: Hello, I recently bought the Pro controller to use for my Switch & Steam games. It works great with the switch, but has been giving me many headaches over the Steam/Windows counterpart. I'm using a USB-C - USB cable to connect it to the PC Win10 Pro 64bit, but the home...
  6. Nintendo Switch Controller not recognized by PC

Nintendo Switch Controller not recognized by PC: Help I wanted to use my switch controller on PC but it won't be recognized. It works on my Windows 8.1 but not my Windows 10.l I checked device management and there is no indication that it is even plugged in....
  7. Nintendo switch pro controller no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nintendo switch pro controller no longer working: My pro controller is no longer recognized by steam, i didn't use it for months and now it's like even windows have trouble with it. It still makes the sound of usb when i plug/unplug it but then it seems that the controller is only charging. I couldn't find anything about...
  8. Nintendo Switch Pro controller and Nintendo Gamecube PowerA Controller connection issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nintendo Switch Pro controller and Nintendo Gamecube PowerA Controller connection issues.: My problem is that my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller can't seem to connect to software such as Steam, but is recognized as a device. And, my GameCube PowerA controller won't connect at all to my new HP Pavilion desktop when it connected to my much older Dell Inspirion....
  9. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not working properly

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not working properly: Hello, so today I had a very strange problem, I usually use my Pro Controller for many games. I go to bluetooth, sync up the device, enter the pin and it's ready to go, and at the end I unpair it. Well, today I did the same thing but noticed that the "connecting" screen was...
  10. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being detected by Windows 10

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being detected by Windows 10: Right so over the past few days I have been trying to get my Switch Pro controller to work with my pc. I have tried multiple different usb ports and the cable works fine with other things and so does the usb ports. Whenever I plug the controller in I simply get no response...