Windows 10: Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not working properly

Discus and support Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, so today I had a very strange problem, I usually use my Pro Controller for many games. I go to bluetooth, sync up the device, enter the pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NaNo733, May 24, 2020.

1. NaNo733 Win User

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not working properly

Hello, so today I had a very strange problem, I usually use my Pro Controller for many games.

I go to bluetooth, sync up the device, enter the pin and it's ready to go, and at the end I unpair it. Well, today I did the same thing but noticed that the "connecting" screen was lasting longer, eventually I put in the code and this time there were no windows notifications saying it was connected. Strangely, in the devices section, it was not located at the top as usual, but rather under "other devices", and even though it said "connected", it wasn't working, quickly it changed it's status to just saying "paired".

I've repeted the process many times and restarted my computer 3 times, but no luck, I unninstaled it from the devices but when I went to connect it, it didn't even show up as descoverable, I cancelled, scrolled down and found it paired on the other devices section.

I've also tried the wired aproach, that didn't work either.

It was working just fine yesterday, with no changes I can recall, any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

NaNo733, May 24, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being detected by Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that when you connect the Nintendo Switch Pro controller to the computer, it is not being detected, we will look into this for you.

However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• Does the Nintendo Switch Pro controller gets detected in any other computer?
    • Were you able to use the Nintendo Switch Pro controller earlier on your current computer?
    • Is any other USB Device detected on your computer?
    • Do you see any Unknown device or a yellow yield sign on any device in Device Manager?
    • May I know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

To check for unknown devices, you can press Windows key + X, and select
    Device Manager.

If you see any Unknown device or a device with yellow yield, right click on the device and select
    Update Driver.

However, we would also suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Error: “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive.
    except Method 1 and 2 and check if that helps in resolving the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 24, 2020
  3. Nintendo switch pro controller showing under the wrong category in bluetooth settings

So when i connect my nintendo switch pro controller to my pc using bluetooth it appears under "other devices" and not "mouse, keyboard & pen". When it is under other devices it is basically useless because it isn't detected by steam. So how do i get it
    to show under mous, keyboard & pen?

KalleTuomisto, May 24, 2020
  4. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not working properly

A identicaly did some this to Nintendo switch card

- -

Nintendo isn't a Microsoft product. I'd suggest that you search (Bing, Google, another search engine) for terms liks

Nintendo switch card

Nintendo help

nintento support

Nintendo community.

Watch out for sites that try to sell you an unneeded product or service in those search results.

Don

Don Varnau, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not working properly

1. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not working properly - Similar Threads - Nintendo Switch Pro

2. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Not detected or Not connecting

in Windows 10 News
    Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Not detected or Not connecting: [ATTACH]Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers have these behemoth buttons that attract loads of gamers. However, as per some reports, Switch Pro Controller is not detected or not connecting. In this article, we are going to talk about this issue in detail and see what should be...
  3. Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth: I can pair my Nintendo switch pro controller and it will be automatically setup by windows, however if I turn the controller off and on again, it doesn't reconnect. To reconnect, I have to remove the device and pair it again. How can I make the controller automatically...
  4. Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth: I can pair my Nintendo switch pro controller and it will be automatically setup by windows, however if I turn the controller off and on again, it doesn't reconnect. To reconnect, I have to remove the device and pair it again. How can I make the controller automatically...
  5. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and Windows 10: Hello. So I have recently built a new PC. Win10 64 bit AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz Mother Board: Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus I have been unable to get Windows 10 to recognize my Nintendo Switch Pro controller. This controller worked and...
  6. Nintendo Switch Afterglow Controller not working

Nintendo Switch Afterglow Controller not working: My newly bought Nintendo Switch licensed afterglow controller is not working. It has bluetooth compatibility, but when connected via bluetooth, it continues to flash as if it is pairing, all while it is connected. It seems to be transmitting inputs however, but while it is...
  7. Nintendo switch pro controller no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nintendo switch pro controller no longer working: My pro controller is no longer recognized by steam, i didn't use it for months and now it's like even windows have trouble with it. It still makes the sound of usb when i plug/unplug it but then it seems that the controller is only charging. I couldn't find anything about...
  8. Nintendo Switch Pro controller and Nintendo Gamecube PowerA Controller connection issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nintendo Switch Pro controller and Nintendo Gamecube PowerA Controller connection issues.: My problem is that my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller can't seem to connect to software such as Steam, but is recognized as a device. And, my GameCube PowerA controller won't connect at all to my new HP Pavilion desktop when it connected to my much older Dell Inspirion....
  9. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being recognized by windows.

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller not being recognized by windows.: When I plug this into a USB drive, windows does not register that I have done anything. No sound to indicate that a device has been plugged in. Nada. It's not the port itself as my keyboard and mouse both work fine when plugged in, nor is it the controller or cable as it...
  10. Nintendo Pro controller not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nintendo Pro controller not working: The first time i plugged in my pc it made a blue ring around my home button and if i used the right stick i could control my mouse. i went to eat, came back and it stopped working. when i plugged it in all it did was charge the controller. I did everything, killed my...