Windows 10: NirCmd: Copy Path vs. Copy File Name

Discus and support NirCmd: Copy Path vs. Copy File Name in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Merging the following code in the Registry adds a "Copy File Path" context-menu in File Explorer and it works properly. Code: Windows Registry Editor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yaron, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Yaron Win User

NirCmd: Copy Path vs. Copy File Name

Merging the following code in the Registry adds a "Copy File Path" context-menu in File Explorer and it works properly. Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\CopyFilePath] @="Copy File Path" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\CopyFilePath\command] @="nircmd.exe execmd (echo.|set /p=\"%1\") | clip" The following code for Copy File Name does not work (the file name is not copied). Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\CopyFileName] @="Copy File Name" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\CopyFileName\command] @="nircmd.exe execmd (echo.|set /p=\"%~nx1\") | clip" *** Code: echo. | set /p = "%~nx1" | clip does work in a batch file. I'd appreciate your help.

:)

Yaron, Aug 23, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Aug 23, 2021
  4. pgrizard Win User

why is robocopy failing to copy files with long path names

I thought one of robocopy's great features was the ability to copy long path names?

I am trying to copy files on a windows 2008 R2 server and everything accept items with long paths are copying.

I am copying from one volume to another H:\ -> K:\

does it not work on server 2008? are there certain scenarios where it wont copy long file names?

robocopy "\\server\k$\Shares\Projects\2020-move" "\\server\h$\2020-move" /S /E /COPYALL /ZB /MT:12 /R:1 /W:1 /TEE /LOG:H:\robocopy\2020-unc.log

pgrizard, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

1. NirCmd: Copy Path vs. Copy File Name - Similar Threads - NirCmd Copy Path

2. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  3. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  4. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File History vs Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History vs Copy & Paste: I am currently using a copy and paste method for backing up my hard drives to EHD devices. I have to split my data between 2 EHD devices because of the large amount of data. If I copy and paste the biggest folders, it can take over 12 hours to copy each of the four. If I...
  6. "Copy as Path" hotkey?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Copy as Path" hotkey?: I use Copy as Path command a LOT. I would be so much more productive if I didn't have to hold the SHIFT key, right-click on the file I need the address, and hunt down the "Copy as Path" option in the context menu before switching windows to paste. I've searched everywhere......
  7. Path Copy problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Path Copy problem: Any users of the handy tool Path Copy around? In Win 10 File Explorer if I right click the file C:\Users\terry\Dropbox\CD-DVD Inserts\Basics\1500x1180Quartered-2.pspimage and use Path Copy > Internet Path, it delivers...
  8. Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 Copy path or Copy as path will copy the full path of selected items (files and folders) wrapped in quotes to the Clipboard so you can paste the full path(s) of the item(s)...
  9. Flaw in 'Path Copy'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flaw in 'Path Copy': I use Path Copy in the File Explorer context menu. If anyone else here does so too I'd appreciate your checking out an apparent flaw please. Here's an illustration: [img] The folder C:\Users\terry\Maps\Google Maps can be opened with this Internet Path link...
  10. How to copy files with reserved names?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy files with reserved names?: I use an encryption & password protection program with an export function that creates file names containing "CON.". No problem if I just want to export and import the files, but I cannot copy the exported files. An attempt results in an invalid handle error. I assume that is...