Windows 10: Nitro Reader 3 Create PDF locks print queues.

Discus and support Nitro Reader 3 Create PDF locks print queues. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have given up with Nitro and moved to Cute PDF works with no issues on win 10. Maybe give Nitro a few months to sort itself out? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by greybat, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Nitro Reader 3 Create PDF locks print queues.

Have given up with Nitro and moved to Cute PDF works with no issues on win 10. Maybe give Nitro a few months to sort itself out?

thecartoonman, Aug 19, 2015

2. I also really like Nitro Reader, but have uninstalled it because of this issue. I hope they sort it out and fix the program, because for me it's the best free pdf reader/creator out there. In the meantime I've installed Primo pdf creator (PDF Converter 1 Free PDF Creator | PrimoPDF), also free and also put out by the Nitro folks. It works great to create pdf's from my applications (I'm using it with MS Word and Publisher), and the reviews say it creates pdf's from all apps although I've only used it for these two. And best of all, no crashing problems. But it's just a creator...no reader...so I've installed Adobe Reader to read pdf's.

When I'm convinced Nitro has this fixed, I plan to go back.

larryvogel, Sep 16, 2015
  3. greybat Win User
    I've tested PrimoPDF with some other apps that the free Nitro Reader did not work with in Win10. It seems to work fine, so I am moving to that as my PDF printer of choice - since it is developed by Nitro anyway! Hopefully, the Nitro folks either 1) release a version of the free reader/printer that incorporates PrimoPDF and, thus, works with Win10, or 2) remove the printing ability in Nitro Reader, and advise all those who use it (the free reader!) as their PDF printer, to replace it with Primo PDF!

Thanks, larryvogel, for advising of the existence of PrimoPDF!

greybat, Sep 20, 2015
  4. Nitro Reader 3 Create PDF locks print queues.

You're very welcome! So glad I could help. These forums have been a lifesaver for me during my transition to Win 10, and it's great to know I've been able to give something back.

larryvogel, Sep 20, 2015
  5. jsexton9 Win User
    The first time I tried to print with Nitro Reader 3, it froze for several minutes. But after the first time, it worked just as it had with Windows 7. I may just be lucky, but I thought I would share the good news.

jsexton9, Nov 30, 2015
  6. Prez Win User
    Try going over > control panel > devices and printers > properties (Nitro PDF Creator- Reader5) > P0RTS > enable (tick box with printer name: Nitro PDF Creator (Reader 5) ALSO check SECURITY tab is enabled for print/manage this printer/manage documents. This software excellent for home user--commendations to Nitro outfit for bringing version (updated 2016 64bit) at no cost that does practically all that is required (reader, printer, conversion to text and so on).

Thema:

Nitro Reader 3 Create PDF locks print queues.

1. Nitro Reader 3 Create PDF locks print queues. - Similar Threads - Nitro Reader Create

2. Cant print to PDF with adobe reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant print to PDF with adobe reader: Hi, When i am at work i try to print to PDF...but it wont do it, and just shows a box saying that my license doesnt allow me to do this. Do you know how to get round this?
  3. Print Queue

Print Queue: I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a document stuck in the printer queue. I cannot print/delete/cancel it and it deters any other document from printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/8977885d-df91-45b6-bab3-581e2bbea65c
  4. Print Queue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Queue: I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a document stuck in the printer queue. I cannot print/delete/cancel it and it deters any other document from printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/8977885d-df91-45b6-bab3-581e2bbea65c
  5. Print Queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. print queue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print queue: printed documents not deleting from queue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/b150abdb-b439-4244-abc1-cfd1ab473bb3
  7. PDF Reader

PDF Reader: Ok so my English textbooks are pdfs. usually I would use Adobe Acrobat Reader, but one of the textbooks is 500+ pages long, and its sooo slow! ive tried edge, chrome, etc, but none of them work because its simply too big! Should I print it?...
  8. Adding Nitro 5 PDF Reader / Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Nitro 5 PDF Reader / Printer: I want to convert Microsoft Word documents into PDF form. I have always been able to use Nitro 5 to do that. All I had to do was opt to print my document and I had the Nitro 5 come up in my printer choices and upon selection it created a wonderful pdf. In Microsoft 10 it...
  9. PDF Reader

PDF Reader: Looking for a simple pdf reader nothing complicated. I just want it for reading pdf. windows 10 home. simple question I hope. Thank You. David. 124877
  10. PDF reader icon appears as picture tumbnail [Acrobat / Nitro PDF]

PDF reader icon appears as picture tumbnail [Acrobat / Nitro PDF]: The Application icon appears as a picture thumbnail rather than the app icon in the taskbar. This is the case with Acrobat and Nitro PDF after checking out. [img] Please help me resolve this issue, Thank you in advance. 42640