Windows 10: NLS Data is missing or contains errors - Error code oxc0000102

Discus and support NLS Data is missing or contains errors - Error code oxc0000102 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Wife's Windows 10 PC will not boot. Was looping through Automatic repair. I disabled automatic repair using bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bramster, Dec 30, 2017.

1. bramster Win User

NLS Data is missing or contains errors - Error code oxc0000102

Wife's Windows 10 PC will not boot. Was looping through Automatic repair. I disabled automatic repair using
    bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No from the command line in a recovery console to get a clearer look.

The next boot showed the following:

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired
    The operating system couldn't be loaded because the NLS data is missing or contains errors
    Error code oxc0000102

What is NLS data? Not sure how to repair this...

I ran some basic repair command from the recovery console but this issue persists. Any advise as to next steps would be appreciated.

Ran Bootsec /fixmbr /rebuildbcd successfully
    Running Bootsec /fixboot returns "access denied"
    sfc /scannow shows no errors

Thanks,

:)

bramster, Dec 30, 2017

2. Configuration data is missing or contains errors EFI.Microsoft/Boot/ BCD error 0cx0000185

I would find his suggestions to be very helpful but my laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad and no other a Dell. I was however able to fix my laptop after a little more searching. I found that it came with a factory master reset button. Here are the steps I followed,
    and now have my laptop working again.

NLS Data is missing or contains errors - Error code oxc0000102 [​IMG]

HomewardMite251, Dec 30, 2017
  3. Configuration data is missing or contains errors EFI.Microsoft/Boot/ BCD error 0cx0000185

Hi,

Error 0cx0000185 could have happened due to several reasons like corrupted operating system. To resolve your issue, we found a helpful response by

Arul_D on July 7, 2016 on this

thread
    . We suggest that you follow the steps provided in that response.

Let us know how it goes.

Anthony Gal, Dec 30, 2017
  4. NLS Data is missing or contains errors - Error code oxc0000102

Hi bramster,

I cannot found information about NLS data i will list Windows OS recovery options you can try to repair your computer. Please follow my instructions one at time.

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

The following command scans integrity of all protected Windows system files and repairs files with problems when possible.

Code: Sfc /Scannow /OFFBOOTDIR=D:\ /OFFWINDIR=D:\Windows[/quote]

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Following command will fixes errors on the disk and locates bad sectors and recovers readable information.

Code: Chkdsk D: /r[/quote]

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Please type below commands into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

Following commands will repair Master Boot Record (MBR), Boot Sector and BCD Store.

Code: Bootrec /FixMbr Bootrec /FixBoot Bootrec /RebuildBcd[/quote]

Windows Vista/ 7/8/8.1/10 keep a regular backup of the registry handy in case you need to overwrite a corrupted registry. By default, the RegIdleBackup task runs every 10 days, so that’s as far back as you would lose if you replaced the current registry with the automatically backed-up files. You can find the backed-up registry files in \Windows\System32\config\RegBack folder.

Code: Dir C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack[/quote]
    Above command will list files stored within RegBack folder and there file size, make sure files are not zero size if they are do not follow below instructions.

Please replace partition letter C: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Please type below commands into Command Prompt and for each command you have typed press Enter key.

Code: Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SAM SAM.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM SYSTEM.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SECURITY SECURITY.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\DEFAULT DEFAULT.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE SOFTWARE.BAK Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SAM C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SYSTEM C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SECURITY C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\DEFAULT C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE C:\windows\system32\config[/quote]
    This procedure assumes that Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 is installed to the C:\ partition. Make sure to replace C:\ drive letter to the appropriate Windows OS installed partition drive letter if it is a different location.

Above commands renames the registry files at their existing location, and then copies the registry files from the RegBack folder to the C:\Windows\System32\Config folder.

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment use System Restore tool to restore Windows OS to a date where Windows OS was working.

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment use Startup Repair tool.

FreeBooter, Dec 31, 2017
Thema:

NLS Data is missing or contains errors - Error code oxc0000102

1. NLS Data is missing or contains errors - Error code oxc0000102 - Similar Threads - NLS Data missing

2. aswVmm.sys is missing or contains errors. Error code: 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aswVmm.sys is missing or contains errors. Error code: 0xc000007b: Hello all, this is not a help request but more of a knowledge share post. WARNING: This should only be done with Avast or AVG .sys filesAlso not responsible for any damage or loss this may have caused.TLDR at the bottom.After coming home from work today and booting up my PC,...
  3. aswVmm.sys is missing or contains errors. Error code: 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    aswVmm.sys is missing or contains errors. Error code: 0xc000007b: Hello all, this is not a help request but more of a knowledge share post. WARNING: This should only be done with Avast or AVG .sys filesAlso not responsible for any damage or loss this may have caused.TLDR at the bottom.After coming home from work today and booting up my PC,...
  4. aswVmm.sys is missing or contains errors. Error code: 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. NLS Error in AutoCAD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NLS Error in AutoCAD: Missing or corrupt files; ANSI_1252 cant be found or are not installed on your system.I have tried most of the solutions provided on forums but this doesn't leave me alone and keeps prompting on screen.I am just beginning to learn AutoCAD and at the very start this error is...
  6. "NLS data is missing or contains errors" - Can't Boot - Can I Fix It with an Installation Disk?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "NLS data is missing or contains errors" - Can't Boot - Can I Fix It with an Installation Disk?: [If this sounds familiar, it's the second and more immediate of the two problems that I posted here. This part was getting lost, so I'm moving it to a separate thread.] I tried to use Dell's AlienWare "Respawn" tool to fix a BSoD problem see link above for original...
  7. “the boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains error” or “ error code: 0xc000014c”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    “the boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains error” or “ error code: 0xc000014c”: Hey guys recently my laptop keeps saying “the boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains error” or “ error code: 0xc000014c”. I tried to boot my pc from usb instalation media but i could not. Instead of booting, my pc keeps coming back to the boot menu as you...
  8. Boot Configuration Data is missing or contains errors, Error code 0xc0000185

in Windows 10 News
    Boot Configuration Data is missing or contains errors, Error code 0xc0000185: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]This error on a Windows 10/8/7 computer will not even let you turn on your system and will appear as soon as it starts to boot the operating system. The error reads –The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is [...] This post Boot Configuration Data is...
  9. Kernel missing/contains error, error code 0xc0000605

Kernel missing/contains error, error code 0xc0000605: So... My friend's laptop (Acer Aspire E1-421) couldn't start. this is the error message: [ATTACH] I've already tried the Start-up repair and it failed to repair it... Couldn't use System Restore since there wasn't any restore point recorded... I've tried using the bootrec...
  10. boot configuration data is missing or contain error

boot configuration data is missing or contain error: what recovery tools are needed to fix error code 0xc00000039 windows 10 on acer switch 10 * Moved from Community Participation Center * Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows nls data error

2. windows 10 nsl data is missing

3. operating system couldnt be loaded because the nls data

4. the operating system couldnt be loaded because the nls data is missing or contains errors,
  5. nls data is missing 0xc0000225 windows 10,
  6. win 10 could not start because nls data is missing,
  7. nls data error,
  8. The operation system couldn be loaded because the NLS data missng or contains errors 0xc0000225,
  9. nls data missing