Windows 10: Nmap shows port 135 and 5357 open even after Firewall rule.

Discus and support Nmap shows port 135 and 5357 open even after Firewall rule. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I tweaked the Windows Firewall rules but nmap still shows that port 135 (DCOM) and port 5357 (Network Discovery, which I also disabled in settings)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IramDei, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Nmap shows port 135 and 5357 open even after Firewall rule.

So I tweaked the Windows Firewall rules but nmap still shows that port 135 (DCOM) and port 5357 (Network Discovery, which I also disabled in settings) is still open.

How can I reliably shut these ports? Please help!

submitted by /u/IramDei
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IramDei, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Caledon Ken, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Jeff Herr Win User
    Windows Firewall issue with outbound rule

Task = use Windows Firewall to implement security which requires that it operate on its rules properly.

Domain = Yes, hence that original statement regarding "adding a new A/D site" where A/D = ActiveDirectory = Domain environment

I have a rule that says allow port 135, and I have a log entry saying port 135 traffic was dropped. These two things should never happen at the same time.

Jeff Herr, Oct 24, 2020
  4. TwuTu Win User

Nmap shows port 135 and 5357 open even after Firewall rule.

Windows Firewall: Doesn't show blocking rules

Hello!

Today I've blocked all connections of a program by creating a outbound rule in Windows Firewall. However, I now wish to remove it. The problem: I can't find that newly created rule anywhere in the list. The rule does take an effect, since deactivating the
    Firewall lets the program run properly. I can only see rules in the list that "allow" stuff, but not those who block things.

What I have tried so far:

- All filters set to "Show all" within the Firewall

- Created the same rule again, doesn't show up

- Created a rule that allows the program, shows up

Any solutions?

TwuTu, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Nmap shows port 135 and 5357 open even after Firewall rule.

1. Nmap shows port 135 and 5357 open even after Firewall rule. - Similar Threads - Nmap shows port

2. Firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  3. Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules

Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules: I cannot port forward to host a server, everything was working fine about a month ago but I never hosted anything between that time and now its broken. I installed Kaspersky within that time period and I think that might have something to do with it but its completely...
  4. Is it possible to block Port 135 with Windows Firewall?

Is it possible to block Port 135 with Windows Firewall?: The Remote Procedure Call Service in Windows runs on Port 135. By default this port is reported as 'Open' when I portscan the system in question. Is there a way to block this port, despite the fact it supports the Remote Procedure Call essential service? It would be...
  5. Firewall Rules

Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  6. Firewall Settings am I Secure? Ports 135, 139, 445

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall Settings am I Secure? Ports 135, 139, 445: I feel these settings are not correct or SAFE in my Windows Firewall. I just recently took my laptop in to computer repair tech. due to our computer acting funky, thinking we may have a virus or been hijacked again. Can someone please tell me if this looks right. I dont think...
  7. Firewall Settings am I Secure? Ports 135, 139, 445

in Windows 10 Support
    Firewall Settings am I Secure? Ports 135, 139, 445: I feel these settings are not correct or SAFE in my Windows Firewall. I just recently took my laptop in to computer repair tech. due to our computer acting funky, thinking we may have a virus or been hijacked again. Can someone please tell me if this looks right. I dont think...
  8. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  9. firewall alerts even with advanced rules applied

firewall alerts even with advanced rules applied: I use Windows Firewall with advanced rules applied (such as remote desktop & ftp server ports, etc.). I am getting daily notifications that my firewall "is in an unsafe configuration and is being managed by your system administrator", but when I open WF with Advanced Security...
  10. Ports not opening even after forwarding

Ports not opening even after forwarding: So this problem I am having trouble figuring out is port forwarding with windows 10. I am trying to port forward for some games on steam and I tried opening the first one, which is 27015. I used port forwarding on the router but even after forwarding, the port is not open and...