Windows 10: nmi_hardware_failure

Discus and support nmi_hardware_failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HP desktop, HP Envy TE01 series, Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.207) Blue screen happens randomly, all has the same error code. Contacted HP support and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kulasdq, Nov 6, 2020.

1. kulasdq Win User

nmi_hardware_failure

HP desktop, HP Envy TE01 series, Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.207)
    Blue screen happens randomly, all has the same error code. Contacted HP support and did all the troubleshooting, couldn't identify the root cause (passed all the tests). Then they sent me a recovery media to reinstall the system, but I still have the same blue screen.
    I also searched help from other forum, someone checked my minidump file and said that there's a problem with a driver associated to my processor (GenuineIntel.sys as the faulting driver).
    - I didn't overlock my PC (not gaming)
    - Ran the Intel Processor Diagnostics tool, no errors found
    - Ran MemTest86, all passed

So, still couldn't find what the problem is. Only installed chrome, there's no other programs. The blue screen is so random and could happen when I wasn't doing anything (completely idle, no program running, not even moving the mouse)... Please help...

DESKTOP-2PJSB0K-(2020-11-06_17-12-15).zip

:)

kulasdq, Nov 6, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE While Gaming

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

This issue may occur due to hardware component malfunction or due to damaged or incompatible drivers installed in Windows.

The NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE bug check has a value of
    0x00000080. This bug check indicates that a hardware malfunction has occurred.

A variety of hardware malfunctions can cause the
    NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE
    bug check. The exact cause is difficult to determine.

I would suggest you to refer the following article and check if it helps.

Bug Check 0x80: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

Bug Check 0x80 NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE - Windows drivers

Additional Information:

NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE error - Windows Client

(Also holds good for Windows 10)

Note: Restoring your PC to an earlier point will remove updates and drivers installed after the restore point was made. It won’t affect your personal files.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Nov 6, 2020
  3. nmi_hardware_failure and video_tdr_failure (nvlddmkm.sys) errors windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• What is the make and mode of the computer?

• Have you made any changes to the PC prior to the issue?

The NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE bug check has a value of
    0x00000080. This issue may occur due to hardware component malfunction or due to damaged or incompatible drivers installed in Windows. This bug check indicates that a hardware malfunction has occurred.

A variety of hardware malfunctions can cause the NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE
    bug check. The exact cause is difficult to determine.

I suggest you to refer the following article and check if it helps.

Refer:

Bug Check 0x80: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

Bug Check 0x80 NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE - Windows drivers

Additional Information:

NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE error - Windows Client

(Also holds good for Windows 10)

Note: Restoring your PC to an earlier point will remove updates and drivers installed after the restore point was made. It won’t affect your personal files.

TDR is theTimeout, Detection, and Recovery
    component in Windows.What happens is the Graphics Display driver for the installed graphics card stops responding. When this happens, windows will stop and restart the driver to fix the problem.

The most common reason for this issue is that the graphics device is being overloaded or used beyond its capabilities.

This happens most often when playing graphic intensive games, but can happen with any process that uses a large amount of graphic resources, such as when editing or creating videos.

Refer to the below link and try the troubleshooting methods. Check if that helps:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557263(v=vs.85).aspx

I also suggest you to uninstall and reinstall video card drivers from the manufacturer's website.

• Right Click on Start, Select Device Manager.

• Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall (for example, the graphics card would be listed under Display Adapters).

• Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Rozzie.x3 Win User

nmi_hardware_failure

NMI_Hardware_Failure BSoD and Video_TDR_Failure (nvlddmkm.sys) BSoD

After playing some games, this BSoD arrived. Is there a way to fix it?

NMI_Hardware_Failure when using an integrated graphics card (Intel Core i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz x4)

Video_TDR_Failure (nvlddmkm.sys) when using NVidia GeForce 920M

Rozzie.x3, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

nmi_hardware_failure

1. nmi_hardware_failure - Similar Threads - nmi_hardware_failure

2. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button: Hello, I was getting ready to sleep for the night and I told my little brother to hold down the power button on my hp all in one computer to turn it off and I saw that it wasn’t turning off and got confused and we were brought with a bsod that had an error code of...
  3. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button: Hello, I was getting ready to sleep for the night and I told my little brother to hold down the power button on my hp all in one computer to turn it off and I saw that it wasn’t turning off and got confused and we were brought with a bsod that had an error code of...
  4. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs: Please, help. When my acer nitro 5 laptop is idle i.e. not doing any work the nmi_hardware_failure blue screen appears. That is, when only the integrated video card is active, this error occurs. But when I run some game or program that uses a discrete graphics card, the blue...
  6. nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs

nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs: Please, help. When my acer nitro 5 laptop is idle i.e. not doing any work the nmi_hardware_failure blue screen appears. That is, when only the integrated video card is active, this error occurs. But when I run some game or program that uses a discrete graphics card, the blue...
  7. nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE on boot when AMD SVM enabled

NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE on boot when AMD SVM enabled: I noticed my virtualization support was disabled in BIOS, so I went in and enabled it - this caused an immediate on-boot NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE, within half a second. No minidump was generated. Disabling SVM in BIOS caused the same problem. This virtualization support is the...
  9. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE on boot when AMD SVM enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE on boot when AMD SVM enabled: I noticed my virtualization support was disabled in BIOS, so I went in and enabled it - this caused an immediate on-boot NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE, within half a second. No minidump was generated. Disabling SVM in BIOS caused the same problem. This virtualization support is the...
  10. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE: Please, I need help with following issues. Notebook information:HP Probook 440 G4No new hardware installed.Windows 10 Pro, updated.Bios, updated.HP diagnostic reports NO issues.Symptoms:Random blue screen with error: NMI Hardware Failure.Thanks for your help...