Windows 10: No 5.1 Surround Option After update

Discus and support No 5.1 Surround Option After update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have abrand new HTPC that I put together, with an nVIDIA GTX 1660 for picture and sound. Recently I noticed that I no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rod_419, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Rod_419 Win User

No 5.1 Surround Option After update

Hello everyone,

I have abrand new HTPC that I put together, with an nVIDIA GTX 1660 for picture and sound. Recently I noticed that I no longer have the option for 5.1 or 7.1 available, both are greyed out. I dont even have the 24 bit 96000 hz option available anymore

for the card I'm running driver version 436.30

and the recent windows update is win 10 cumulative update for windows 10 from 2019-19

I've done abit of troubleshooting with things I've found on line, but no luck. Hopefully someone out there can give me a good lead. So far I've:

Uninstalled, and done a clean install of the nVidia sound driver with restart,

Removed, and uninstalled all the audio drivers from the Management Console. I did both a 'scan for HW changes' and just a restart, neither with any difference

Any ideas or things I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance

:)

Rod_419, Sep 30, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 30, 2019
  3. 5.1 surround dosn't work only 3/5

Hi Samuel,

Your concern needs further investigation so that we can identify the cause of the issue. Please provide the following information:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any change prior to this issue?
    Since you are using an external speakers/surround, it's possible that the device is malfunctioning/wearing out. We suggest that you try connecting the surround on a different device and see if it has the same issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. No 5.1 Surround Option After update - Similar Threads - Surround Option update

2. No surround sound after latest Windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No surround sound after latest Windows update.: Hi everyone. After the latest Windows update, sound only plays in stereo through SPDIF, on sound blaster x3, there isn't even an option for 5.1 surround sound, or any Dolby sound, the sound blaster app plays on all speakers on the test, but the sound is only stereo in any...
  3. No surround sound after latest Windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No surround sound after latest Windows update.: Hi everyone. After the latest Windows update, sound only plays in stereo through SPDIF, on sound blaster x3, there isn't even an option for 5.1 surround sound, or any Dolby sound, the sound blaster app plays on all speakers on the test, but the sound is only stereo in any...
  4. No surround sound after latest Windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. no surround sound after firmware update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no surround sound after firmware update: I did a dumb thing and downloaded/updated some drivers that are available on the support page of my motherboard. Now my rear speakers and subwoofer don't work. I've looked up every trick there is and done all the ones which are still possible to do some settings windows seem...
  6. WiFi adapters Gone after last update 1/5/2021

WiFi adapters Gone after last update 1/5/2021: Hi problem i cannot seem to resolve do to update. I use my phone connected via usb to laptop then enable mobile hotspot on laptop to connect other devices. Been using mobile hotspot on hp laptop for years until the past couple of days. Computer updated and mobile hotspot is...
  7. WiFi Gone after last update 1/5/2021

WiFi Gone after last update 1/5/2021: Hi problem i cannot seem to resolve do to update. I use my phone connected via usb to laptop then enable mobile hotspot on laptop to connect other devices. Been using mobile hotspot on hp laptop for years until the past couple of days. Computer updated and mobile hotspot is...
  8. 7.1 surround sound option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    7.1 surround sound option: I was checking some stuff after getting a new headset and noticed that the sound was set to stereo instead of dolby. And there was no 7.1 surround sound option like before. Had been a while since I looked a this stuff. Does not work with the 7.1 surround sound headset or 7.1...
  9. No 7.1 Surround Option in my Pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No 7.1 Surround Option in my Pc.: I have ALC 887 and i dont have 7.1 option just 5.1. ALC 887 Supports 7.1 so How Can I fix this? If this is a wrong Subreddit please forward me to the Correct one please. submitted by /u/CansiSteak [link] [comments]...
  10. turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound missing the option after update windows 10

turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound missing the option after update windows 10: hello i ws be able to see this option on my pc b4 update [ATTACH] after update windows 10 i can't see the option now :( [IMG] any help plz ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 7.1 surround option missng