Windows 10: No 5.1 Surround sound option on windows 10.. receiver-tv-pc

Discus and support No 5.1 Surround sound option on windows 10.. receiver-tv-pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My 5.1 surround system is connected with optical cable to samsung tv then through HDMI cable to my computer with GTX 970 sound drivers. i cant switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anarkst, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Anarkst Win User

No 5.1 Surround sound option on windows 10.. receiver-tv-pc

My 5.1 surround system is connected with optical cable to samsung tv then through HDMI cable to my computer with GTX 970 sound drivers. i cant switch to 5.1 surround as there is no option for it. it has been years apparently people have been complaining about it. why hasnt it been fixed yet.

i dont want a garbage answer from a moderator that just wants to build his rep up with replies. I would like it if Microsoft gave me an actual solution to this please as i want able to find one anywhere. tried all of the things people have suggested like updating and reinstalling drivers, enhancements, etc.

It seems the issue is the pc detects only 2 speakers from the TV so there needs to be a workaround to tell it the receiver is on the other side.

:)

Anarkst, Apr 12, 2019

2. How do I get 5.1 surround sound to work from my laptop to my TV to my receiver?

Hi Clay,

I realize that you face difficulty with sound playback. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know

• Have tried connecting the laptop to TV using another HDMI cable?
    • What is the make and made of TV?
    • Are drivers related to 5.1 surround system installed?
    • Is the Dolby Digital feature of TV? If so, is 5.1 surround system is working properly when laptop is not connected to TV?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer below link on Fix sound problems

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

Note: Please click on drop down in the link to select multiple options.

Please get back to us with updated information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Send sound to AV receiver but have only 1 monitor in Windows

I have a very complicated problem that I hope you can help me with.

I have the following setup:

• PC with:
      • DVI out to primary monitor
      • HDMI out to AV-receiver, which then goes to TV and 5.1 sound system

I want my sound to play on the AV-receiver. To do this, I have to "Extend" or "Duplicate" my desktop to the AV-receiver (i.e. the TV). If I do not do this, the sound also doesn't go to the AV-receiver.
    However:

• Extending desktop is a problem, because my TV is not always on, and windows will still randomly move to this 2nd monitor (I can get them back with Windows + Shift + L_ARROW but this is not ideal...)
    • Duplicating desktop is a problem, because my TV is 16:9 and my PC monitor is 21:9

So what I need is a solution that allows me to still send the sound through HDMI to my AV-receiver, but have only 1 desktop on my monitor (not on my TV). Obviously, the option to extend to my TV should still be available, should I want to watch a movie on my TV.

I hope my question is clear, and I hope someone knows a solution. I don't mind a solution that uses 3rd party software.

Laurens Swart, Apr 12, 2019
  4. r_prieto5 Win User

No surround sound with HDMI>TV>optical out>soundsystem

Hi,

As the title says, I am not getting surround sound except for when Netflix desktop app requests it. Chrome natively does not support surround sound, but video games do and I have never gotten surround out of them.

My setup sends audio out through HDMI to my TV which then forwards it to my sound system via optical out (it's an old audiophile AVR with no HDMI).

A few random things I consider relevant:

1- Disabling exclusive control of audio stopped Netflix from getting surround.

2- When Netflix enters surround mode, everything else becomes instantly silent (I assume this is what exclusive mode does) and needs to be restarted to get the sound back.

3- When Netflix enters surround mode, the sound system's screen recognizes it and changes input displays (this might mean the actual audio signal changes).

4- There is no option to change supported formats in the TV sound panel to anything higher than 2.1 stereo.

Point one makes me think exclusivity has something to do with it but how do I force other apps to take exclusive control or how do I get surround out without exclusivity?

I have a custom build pc with Nvidia GTX 1060, a Pioneer Elite sound system, and Windows 10 64bit.

r_prieto5, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

1. No 5.1 Surround sound option on windows 10.. receiver-tv-pc - Similar Threads - Surround sound option

2. How to get surround sound thru HDMI from Windows PC to AV receiver ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get surround sound thru HDMI from Windows PC to AV receiver ?: I have a mini PC running Windows 11 with the HDMI connection to a Sony AV receiver to either a TV or projector.PC configuration shows only 2 channels.Tried all the suggsetions out there - latest drivers, etc....
  3. How to get surround sound thru HDMI from Windows PC to AV receiver ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get surround sound thru HDMI from Windows PC to AV receiver ?: I have a mini PC running Windows 11 with the HDMI connection to a Sony AV receiver to either a TV or projector.PC configuration shows only 2 channels.Tried all the suggsetions out there - latest drivers, etc....
  4. How to get the option for 5.1 surround sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get the option for 5.1 surround sound?: I have tried various methods located with Google but none of them work. Whenever I go into my sound devices and try to change the sound output type it only has the option of stereo; 5.1 isn't there at all. Do I need a discrete sound card for this? Can I not use the HDMI port...
  5. 7.1 surround sound option

7.1 surround sound option: I was checking some stuff after getting a new headset and noticed that the sound was set to stereo instead of dolby. And there was no 7.1 surround sound option like before. Had been a while since I looked a this stuff. Does not work with the 7.1 surround sound headset or 7.1...
  6. Surround Sound on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surround Sound on PC: For about 3 years now, I've had and been primarily using a Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 for everything. I recently decided to build a brand new desktop, and I'd never quite realized how good the sound was on that laptop until this new PC. The surround sound on that laptop is...
  7. Sound Option for My Surround Sound disappeared

Sound Option for My Surround Sound disappeared: I just installed a new SSD into my computer but now my surround sound soundbar doesn't work. I have my tv hooked to my computer through hdmi. My soundbar hooked to my computer through hdmi. They are both hooked through my 1080ti graphics card. Before today, I could have my...
  8. Sound control panel no 71. surround option

Sound control panel no 71. surround option: I have Asus ROG Strix Gl503VMF. I am not able to turn on the 7.1 surround option. You can see screenshot. Please let me know, Why I do not have it? or how can I get this option? Please help me. Thanks. submitted by /u/abhishek170295 [link] [comments]...
  9. 5.1 surround sound not showing as an option in Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5.1 surround sound not showing as an option in Win 10: I becoming very frustrated that I can not get Win 10 to recognize my 5.1 sound setup. I have gone through many forums and followed their advice and the only conclusion I have come to is the latest version of win 10 simply blocks or is broken were surround sound is concerned....
  10. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 5.1 surround not showing

2. 5.1 not an option windows 10

3. windows 10 5.1 surround optical cable no sound

4. how to connect my av receiver to my pc win 10 with optical,
  5. PC sound to receiver showing PCM option only,
  6. 5.1 sound optical pc to receiver windows 10,
  7. surround sound dvd on windows 10,
  8. no 5.1 from pc to receiver,
  9. surround sound from computer to receiver,
  10. 5.1 surround sound not an option on pc,
  11. windows game surround sound with optical cable,