Windows 10: No 7.1 sound and no voice message sound

Discus and support No 7.1 sound and no voice message sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I own Logitech G PRO X headset. For more than 4 months everything worked as it should. Including 7.1 and voice messages. A couple of days ago I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WhaleInTheSkies, Jun 28, 2020.

1. No 7.1 sound and no voice message sound

Hello
    I own Logitech G PRO X headset.
    For more than 4 months everything worked as it should. Including 7.1 and voice messages.
    A couple of days ago I tried a free software for audio control volume of different apps, name of which I don't want to mention, then I deleted it in a couple of minutes, because I did non like it and noticed that my audio is weird. I checked the G HUB software for the headset and found out that 7.1 button does nothing and I can't hear any channels apart from L and R.
    I HAVE conacted Logitech support and we tried everything from basic solutions to complicated. Nothing worked. They concluded that I do not have a problem with the headset or the software, but rather Windows itself. The program must have changed some setting in Windows. So they redirected me to Windows Support.

The problem after all:
    1. No 7.1 sound. In the software and device settings in windows when testing 7.1 I only hear R and L channels. The sound indicator shows that the audio for other channels IS playing.
    2. No sound of voice messages in browser or texting apps. No sound for video on certain websites. BUT YouTube works like before.

We tried many things and it would take ages to mention them all. But we did all we could with the software and with headset drivers.
    I have run Troubleshooting and it only says that device's enhancements are causing problems but no matter what I do it doesn't change. And there is NO enhancements tab in this device's properties.
    I do not have a restore point to restore the system, just in case you advise that. Their best advice was to reinstall the system. I hope you have better solutions.
    Thank you.

:)

WhaleInTheSkies, Jun 28, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 28, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No 7.1 sound and no voice message sound :p

cadaveca, Jun 28, 2020
  4. ShadePC Win User

No 7.1 sound and no voice message sound

7.1 Surround Sound is missing

After recently resetting my PC, I've noticed that i can no longer choose the option for my headset to have 7.1 surround sound. I have made sure all my drivers are up to date, and uninstalled/reinstalled them. Whenever I go into the properties of my sound
    device, i select spatial sound but no 7.1 checkbox appears anymore. It's odd as before i reset my PC it was there.

ShadePC, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

No 7.1 sound and no voice message sound

1. No 7.1 sound and no voice message sound - Similar Threads - sound voice message

2. sent message sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sent message sound: hello, whenever i use phone link and send a message it makes a sound when it sends. i cant find out anywhere how to disable this, anyone have any advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sent-message-sound/a24a02a2-a625-4d17-9f16-cd997a1bc3b0
  3. sent message sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sent message sound: hello, whenever i use phone link and send a message it makes a sound when it sends. i cant find out anywhere how to disable this, anyone have any advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sent-message-sound/a24a02a2-a625-4d17-9f16-cd997a1bc3b0
  4. Low microphone voice sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low microphone voice sound: My microphone is good but it is barely recording voice sound i have also increased it to100 from properties, it only recognizes breathing air sound easily. I have tried updating driver from device manager and it says that I have already latest driver installedI have also...
  5. Low microphone voice sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low microphone voice sound: My microphone is good but it is barely recording voice sound i have also increased it to100 from properties, it only recognizes breathing air sound easily. I have tried updating driver from device manager and it says that I have already latest driver installedI have also...
  6. Low microphone voice sound

7. Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice: When I use my microphone which is part of a headset it records and plays my system sounds music, games, etc., however it does not record my voice at all. It is connected to the PC via the rear 3.5mm jack. I've tried connecting a seperate mic with USB and that works...
  8. My voice sounds robotic?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My voice sounds robotic?: The last couple of weeks, I've being using my HP laptop for zoom and Skype calls but sometimes, my voice suddenly sounds very robotic. At times, when that happens, I hear the voices of other people in a robotic way too. The laptop also start freezing when it does that. I have...
  9. No sound on voice recorder file

No sound on voice recorder file: Hi I used voice recorder to record a meeting using my laptop and the internal microphone. The file is available and saved but when I play it I can't hear any sound. Please advise...
  10. No sound Only when Voice chat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound Only when Voice chat: Um... I got this problem when my friend using discord to chat with me when I connect to the app my friend said that they heard me loud and clear but from my side I didn't hear a thing so I disconnect the voice chat and try open some music and youtube it work perfectly and I...