Windows 10: No 802.1x Authentication tab on ethernet

Discus and support No 802.1x Authentication tab on ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The university I go to uses an Eduroam internet that uses PEAP authentication. I am on Windows 10. I am unable to authenticate the connection.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarterDuncan1, Nov 10, 2020.

1. No 802.1x Authentication tab on ethernet

The university I go to uses an Eduroam internet that uses PEAP authentication. I am on Windows 10.

I am unable to authenticate the connection. Although I am able to connect to my ethernet back home with this computer.

When I go to the properties of my ethernet adaptor it does not have an authentication tab. The adaptor is a Realtek PCle GbE Family Controller. The drivers are up to date. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the adaptor as well.

I have looked in at the Wired AutoConfig and the WLAN AutoConfig are both running and set to automatic. I have tried restarting them but the authentication tab did not show up.

I have disabled my firewall and that did nothing either.

:)

CarterDuncan1, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10: Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP) - 802.1x Authentication Credentials (User Authentication) are lost after updates every time

Hi Sanjailal,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your query regarding 802.1x Authentication Credentials. Let me point you in the right direction, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have support
    professionals to address your query.

Here are few articles for reference:

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 10, 2020
  3. John Kour Win User
    802.1X environment problems with authentication after 1903 update

Since the 1903 update i have been experiencing authentication problems with some windows 10 machines in our network. Are there any more information about this issue than what was suggested

here
    ?

John Kour, Nov 10, 2020
  4. No 802.1x Authentication tab on ethernet

The authentication tab from the ethernet tab is hidden

Hi!

I try to connect to an ethernet that is secured using 802.1x. Unfortunately the authentication tab is missing from the ethnernet properties. I already searched for a solution. But nothing I found changed the situation.

- "Wired Autoconfig" & "WLAN Autoconfig" services are started automatically

This seems to be a common unsolved problem.

How to proceed here?

Best regards

Daniel

PS:

One of the many links where the same issue was discussed but not solved:

802.1x Authentication issues for Wired Connection. Authentication Tab missing.

Screenshot:

No 802.1x Authentication tab on ethernet 31035444-4624-4ab8-84cf-613e8ab77f1d?upload=true.jpg

Aber_Kaaaarl, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

No 802.1x Authentication tab on ethernet

1. No 802.1x Authentication tab on ethernet - Similar Threads - 802 Authentication tab

2. Windows 11 and .1x not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and .1x not working: So I am running into an issue where I've got Win 11 clients here and there that will not connect to our .1x wifi. I have read tons of articles about this having to do with credential guard and a work around is to disable it via GPO. So I was able to get this to work on a few...
  3. Windows 11 and .1x not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and .1x not working: So I am running into an issue where I've got Win 11 clients here and there that will not connect to our .1x wifi. I have read tons of articles about this having to do with credential guard and a work around is to disable it via GPO. So I was able to get this to work on a few...
  4. Wired Authentication on changing ethernet ports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Authentication on changing ethernet ports: Hi,I have a situation. Our organization is running windows 10 machines. All the laptops are slim and dose not have any ethernet port built in. We have supplied different docking station on each desk so users can plug into the docking station. which is connected to two screen...
  5. Wired Authentication on changing ethernet ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Authentication on changing ethernet ports: Hi,I have a situation. Our organization is running windows 10 machines. All the laptops are slim and dose not have any ethernet port built in. We have supplied different docking station on each desk so users can plug into the docking station. which is connected to two screen...
  6. Wired Authentication on changing ethernet ports

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. The authentication tab from the ethernet tab is hidden

The authentication tab from the ethernet tab is hidden: Hi! I try to connect to an ethernet that is secured using 802.1x. Unfortunately the authentication tab is missing from the ethnernet properties. I already searched for a solution. But nothing I found changed the situation. - "Wired Autoconfig" & "WLAN Autoconfig" services...
  8. Xbox One controller will connect 1x and 1x only over BT?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One controller will connect 1x and 1x only over BT?: Oh man, this has me going crazy. Long has the problem existed that if you connect via usb, you have to remove your controller and re-pair it via BT when your done charging. I accepted that more or less. (even just found a workaround of sorts) however somewhere in between,...
  9. Problems dual booting 2x Win10 & even 1x Win7 1x Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems dual booting 2x Win10 & even 1x Win7 1x Win10: I'm no pro by the way guys so go easy :) So for 10 years or so i have had 2 Windows 7 installs on a dual boot / multi boot and before that the same with XP. To save time we'll not get in to the whys and why nots. I appreciate it's not the usual dual boot setup, you usually...
  10. Ethernet Connections Competing for Authentication

Ethernet Connections Competing for Authentication: I just moved back to college for my third year, this time with the new desktop I built. Their Ethernet network uses authentication to gain access. For some reason I have multiple ethernet connections competing for authentication when I login, but I only have one physical...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb network adapter missing 802.1x

2. wlan autentication tab