Windows 10: No ability to create Local Workstation Admin after Office 365 Admin login

Discus and support No ability to create Local Workstation Admin after Office 365 Admin login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; All of our company computers are endpoints. None are on a domain. In the past, I initiated all computers with a local Admin account on the workstation... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Richard Williamson 90245, Apr 23, 2019.

1. No ability to create Local Workstation Admin after Office 365 Admin login

All of our company computers are endpoints. None are on a domain. In the past, I initiated all computers with a local Admin account on the workstation and added users (usually one user on a notebook). With the purchase of a new notebook, I used my Microsoft Office 365 Administrator account to set up the notebook. Subsequently, after I gave the user the notebook and they logged into the computer with their Office 365 credentials, I was unable to successfully create a local Admin account on the notebook for the user to be able to install software if required. Although I created the ADMIN account, Microsoft Windows 10 will only allow a PIN (which is never created in the process of establishing the account) or an email address tied to office 365. All efforts to log in fail. I have used a registry hack to turn off WHOIS, but am still unable to get local admin control of the notebook computer. Any ideas on how to regain local computer admin rights without giving my users Office 365 enterprise level control?

:)

Richard Williamson 90245, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Error When Trying To Download Office 365 Admin

I have tried installing under Administrator login, but this doesn't work.

To get the OFFICE 365 ADMIN program to show up in the Microsoft Store, I still had to login to the store with my work e-mail. The same issue persists when trying to download the program (Either Office 365 admin or Office 265 Admin (Universal) Beta).

Screenshot is attached with the version of Windows 10 I am running.
    No ability to create Local Workstation Admin after Office 365 Admin login 84ca3b4f-84ac-4196-86c4-6b795eaf5448?upload=true.png

Steve Wright (steve.wright), Apr 23, 2019
  4. No ability to create Local Workstation Admin after Office 365 Admin login

office 365 admin needed to stop skype from starting on windows 10

I have a user claiming Skype for business automatically starts in windows 10 even after having done all the steps to disable it locally and says it appears that since we have a corporate subscription to Office 365, only I (office 365 admin) can make
    it stop. I cannot find any information supporting his claim. Is there anything I should know about regarding office 365 and controlling skype startup?

Tim Boelter, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

No ability to create Local Workstation Admin after Office 365 Admin login

1. No ability to create Local Workstation Admin after Office 365 Admin login - Similar Threads - ability create Local

2. How to set and deploy local admin in a workstation in Active Directory.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set and deploy local admin in a workstation in Active Directory.: How to set and deploy local admin in a workstation in Active Directory.I currently manually go to Computer Management and then to the user account in the Control Panel to add the local admin, but I would like to have it set up automatically for every user in my organization....
  3. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin: Hi everyone.I'm looking for some advise on AAD and device domain / local Admin.My customer has a personal device that is AAD registered, a local Admin account has been created however the credentials we hold are incorrect. So completing anything requiring Admin permission...
  4. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin: Hi everyone.I'm looking for some advise on AAD and device domain / local Admin.My customer has a personal device that is AAD registered, a local Admin account has been created however the credentials we hold are incorrect. So completing anything requiring Admin permission...
  5. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How To: Create local users or admins remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Create local users or admins remotely: You might encounter the need to create a local user, add it to the local admins remotely. Being if the user cannot log in or the local admin is lost. For the purpose you need to use PSTools which can be downloaded from here. Once downloaded open a command prompt as...
  7. Admin login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin login: Hi everyone! I need to install an app for my job so I can work from home and it's asking me to approve a change as an admin on my personal computer. Per my account info on the settings my admin email is my outlook email but the app is not accepting that login with the...
  8. How To: Create local users or admins remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Create local users or admins remotely: You might encounter the need to create a local user, add it to the local admins remotely. Being if the user cannot log in or the local admin is lost. For the purpose you need to use PSTools which can be downloaded from here. Once downloaded open a command prompt as...
  9. First Boot Local Login Then Create Admin Acct??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    First Boot Local Login Then Create Admin Acct??: New computer. I hope I can explain this correctly and someone kindly tell me if my thinking is all wrong. At first boot I want to power up without an Internet connection. I don't want MS to start updating right away and I want to set up somethings first. I believe I know at...
  10. Admin login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin login: Hi Experts I am using Windows 10 I am a normal user and i am not able to install any software on my laptop. When i try to install any software i get prompt to enter administrator password. i dont remember the password for the administrator account. is there any tool or...