Windows 10: No ability to log in to computer

Discus and support No ability to log in to computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am setting up my new computer. When I restarted the computer there was not an option to log in. I cannot figure out how to log into my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JMC2018, Nov 28, 2018.

1. JMC2018 Win User

No ability to log in to computer

I am setting up my new computer. When I restarted the computer there was not an option to log in. I cannot figure out how to log into my computer.

:)

JMC2018, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Ruz San Win User

Lost the ability to log into Windows 10 with PIN

Hi Przemyslaw,

Some system components may be missing or corrupted, causing the problem you are facing to occur. Before we can fully address this, please answer some things so we can understand this better:

• Did this start after updates were installed on the computer?
    • Does the same situation happen when you add a pin as your sign-in option in Windows Settings?

Since you have tried adding the option in Control Panel, let's see if there will be a difference when we do it in Windows Settings. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Add.

You can also try the suggestions posted by John Rubdy on this

page

Let us know if the steps above help you set up a PIN on your computer.

Regards.

Ruz San, Nov 28, 2018
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Nov 28, 2018
  4. No ability to log in to computer

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

No ability to log in to computer

1. No ability to log in to computer - Similar Threads - ability log computer

2. Ability to circle an object on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ability to circle an object on my computer: Hello Everyone, I'm sure my question will seem elementary to the majority of you, but I'm not tech-savvy enough to figure out how to do it. I have Windows 10 as my OS and I don't know if there is a feature already downloaded on my computer that would enable me to do that. If...
  3. Ability to circle an object on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ability to circle an object on my computer: Hello Everyone, I'm sure my question will seem elementary to the majority of you, but I'm not tech-savvy enough to figure out how to do it. I have Windows 10 as my OS and I don't know if there is a feature already downloaded on my computer that would enable me to do that. If...
  4. Ability to circle an object on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Logging into computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging into computer: I am locked out of my computer and can’t change my password by clicking forgot my password i have tried to send it to my email that is connected to my account but it is not sending me a code to change my password so i have been locked out of my computer for a couple of days...
  6. Logging into computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging into computer: I am locked out of my computer and can’t change my password by clicking forgot my password i have tried to send it to my email that is connected to my account but it is not sending me a code to change my password so i have been locked out of my computer for a couple of days...
  7. Logging into a computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging into a computer: I am locked out of a computer with the message "try latest password...." The other option is to go to account.live.com but as I cannot open windows that's not possible. I am doing this to help the wife of a deceased friend and if you can assist I would be grateful. The...
  8. Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi: I have a desktop computer with windows 10 that intermittently loses the ability to connect any wifi network. This is independent of the wifi hardware being used, as I have had the same issue with a usb N300 wifi adapter, a cheap generic usb wifi adapter and the current PCI-E...
  9. Computer Log In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer Log In: Hello! I just stared working from home, as I'm sure may of you have. For some reason, when I turn my laptop on and enter my password, I get an error message stating my password is incorrect. So I click on Forgot My Password and I receive a Microsoft email with a passcode,...
  10. computer log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer log in: on windows 10 how do I change the login when I first start the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-log-in/88c56331-3fcb-46a0-b229-d2929314d610"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 user profile cannot be loaded