Windows 10: No "About me" option in Cortana's notepad, No abitity to change what Cortana calls me.

Discus and support No "About me" option in Cortana's notepad, No abitity to change what Cortana calls me. in Cortana to solve the problem; I want to change what Cortana calls me but can't, I asked her, after sighning into everything "what is my name?", she returns "Sign in to your account... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Dean Everill, Feb 20, 2020.

1. No "About me" option in Cortana's notepad, No abitity to change what Cortana calls me.

I want to change what Cortana calls me but can't, I asked her, after sighning into everything "what is my name?", she returns "Sign in to your account & go to privacy settings" but does not tell me what to do there?, however I am already signed in, signed in to every other MS app on my system as well, I have gone though those settings with a fine toothed comb & all is as it should be, I even double checked every other setting in my account, again, as it should be, I looked online for help on this & found detailed instructions on how to change what she calls me but that article & multiple others I found where talking about options that I just do not have, I am running Win 10 1903 Pro 64-bit which is up to date, I am waiting for issues to be resolved regarding the 1909 update, I am an advanced user who is used to Reg editing, Group policy tweaking, etc, etc so I ask you kindly to please refrain from the usual generic "Reinstall", "Reset" type of answer which seems to be the standard here, I have already tried all that, everything is synced & appears again, as it should be, I write this post because I am out of ideas, there is no "About me" option & where it says connected accounts at the top of Cortana's notepad it shows my live account but nothing is clickable in that box at the top apart from the "Edit" pencil on the right, clicking on that just prompts me to save my favorite place which I have set only my home address, upon going back into that "edit" button, all I see is my now saved "Favorite place", so where is this "About me"?, even when I search on the taskbar for "About me" or type "call me...", as one article suggested but I get nothing but Bing web results for those searches, I have already ran DSIM & SFC just as a precaution & do periodically as part of my maintenance runs, I am a meticulous person, I won't even let my system reach 10% fragmentation, I run only clean, good software, I run only one account on my rig......mine, I have full admin privileges system specs are as follows...:

MB...Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3

CPU...Ryzen 5 2600 Liquid cooled

RAM...16GB Team Group Elite

Graphics...ASUS STRIX R7 370 4GB

HD's...1.5TB across 2 Seagate Drives, I only use Seagate drives, both internally & externally, for which there is another 10TB, like i said...meticulous

Please, please help as this is driving me nuts!, such a simple thing should not be this hard to do.

:)

Dean Everill, Feb 20, 2020

2. Cortana and settings options disappeared

Have you been able to use Cortana before and have you experienced any problems with it then?
    What about trying a system restore?

Also this could be of some use to you: Cortana Search Box Windows 10
    I would particually suggest step 3 and see if the problem still remains with a new user account.

ellellell1, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

No "About me" option in Cortana's notepad, No abitity to change what Cortana calls me.

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

No "About me" option in Cortana's notepad, No abitity to change what Cortana calls me.

1. No "About me" option in Cortana's notepad, No abitity to change what Cortana calls me. - Similar Threads - option Cortana's notepad

2. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?

in Cortana
    What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?: Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would give calculation, currency conversion or another type of answer. What happened to this feature? Calculation screenshot from...
  3. How can I change what Cortana calls me?

in Cortana
    How can I change what Cortana calls me?: Hello Microsoft! Yesterday my younger brother used my Surface Book and in the "Notebook" section of Cortana changed what Cortana called me it was user earlier, I never touched Cortana's settings. As he has done so now, can I change it? I have searched YouTube and have not...
  4. How do I change what Cortana calls me?

in Cortana
    How do I change what Cortana calls me?: I'd like to change what Cortana calls me on start up. Right now, she addresses me by my full name, which feels a little awkward, so I'd like to change it to a nickname. And I'd like to do so without changing my actual Microsoft account name. I'm on the most recent Windows 10...
  5. cortana doesnt show about me option

in Cortana
    cortana doesnt show about me option: cortana doesnt show about me ican in notebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-show-about-me-option/0e9de88c-f342-41c9-9c1f-faaf0e28d49e"
  6. cortana and "about me" not in Notebook change name she calls me?

in Cortana
    cortana and "about me" not in Notebook change name she calls me?: Seriously you give me a download in zip and don't tell me how to install it....WOW!!! Or what to do with it. Come on guys! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-about-me-not-in-notebook-change-name/b7f0ff52-0a84-4d00-a838-8845276cda9b"
  7. No '' Try to respond only to me'' option in Cortana.

in Cortana
    No '' Try to respond only to me'' option in Cortana.: Hello, I faced a strange problem with Cortana settings, when i go to talk to Cortana section in settings i do not have '' Respond when anyone says hey cortana'' or '' Try to respond only to me'' options. They are not greyed out, the problem is they are not there at all. I...
  8. change what Cortana calls me

in Cortana
    change what Cortana calls me: I tried to change the name cortana calls me. I keep getting the response " go to notepad, click on About me" I do not know what version of windows they are using but my version does NOT have that. I have version 1903. can anyone with this version please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  9. Cortana remind me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana remind me: I updated to Windows 10 Pro to 1903 and all is fine except for Cortana Remind Me. When I try to do anything the black Remind Me comes up but it promptly disappears on any action. I added another user account and Remind Me works OK in it. I had 4 Remind Me's in the previous...
  10. How can I change what Cortana calls me?

in Cortana
    How can I change what Cortana calls me?: I know a bunch of people have asked this, but unfortunately none of the articles I've read have helped. I somehow do not have the "About Me" section of the Cortana menu, and that seems to stop me from changing what she calls me? It makes me very uncomfortable....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CortanasNotyebook>aboutme