Windows 10: No access on HDD's and USB flash drives

Discus and support No access on HDD's and USB flash drives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Immortal, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Immortal Win User

No access on HDD's and USB flash drives

Hello.

Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread and forgive me if there is already a thread with the same problem.

I do not have access to any of the extra hard disks and flash drives.
    The only hard drive that i normally access is C.
    If i change the letter of the disc, i will have access, but after restarting, again the same.
    What can i do about this please?

:)

Immortal, Sep 3, 2018
  2. monim1 Win User

USB Flash Drive or Ex HDD?

Go with the external HDD. Though it's size is bigger, it is safer than USB flash drive. Also you will get more storage.

monim1, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Martin Bar Win User
    USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Sep 3, 2018
  4. panchoman Win User

Boot linux on USB drive

it might just be that your bios doesn't support it, but it should anyway.

make sure you go into the bios and make sure "boot other device" is enabled and try seeing if the usb is listed as an hdd.. as bootable flash drives are usually picked up as usb hdd's and check if your bios detects the flash drive.

panchoman, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

1. No access on HDD's and USB flash drives - Similar Threads - access HDD's USB

2. USB flash drive autorun an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB flash drive autorun an app: I have written an app to teach a blind child braille alphabet. The .exe file is on a flash drive along with support files. and runs the program when selected. I would like to make it so a blind child can use it because they can't see to select the .exe application. It would...
  3. No access on HDD's and USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No access on HDD's and USB flash drives: Hello. Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread and forgive me if there is already a thread with the same problem. I do not have access to any of the extra hard disks and...
  4. USB flash drive help

in Windows 10 Support
    USB flash drive help: Hi, its my first post. My problem is that my 128gb flash drive wont appear in windows 10 or any programs. It showed up in the Devices section of the control panel, but said there was a problem with the USB mass storage device driver. I reinstalled the mass storage, and it...
  5. HDD seen as USB flash drive

HDD seen as USB flash drive: I have inserted in my Win10 64bit PC, an HDD drive (physically), beside the old one, where I have OS installed. Everything is ok, except that my OS see this new HDD as USB stick, right down in system tray, as USB flash drive, and I can eject it by there ... which is not ok. I...
  6. USB Flash Drive Problem

USB Flash Drive Problem: Hey guys, So, I have this 8 GB USB Flash Drive which is completely empty, no hidden files/folders, nothing. But it says that around 1 GB is used - Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Why is that? Can I free up that memory? Not that it's very important, but I...
  7. USB flash drive problem

USB flash drive problem: I purchased a flash drive to use as ReadyBoost, and I had it set and know it was working. I removed and when I plugged it back in, went to Properties/ReadyBoost tab it shows the error message attached. The hub I an using is 2.0 so I don't know what this means. [img] 103195
  8. Format usb flash drive

Format usb flash drive: Hi looking for a good program to format my USB flash drive. Windows 10 won't recognise my flash drive it knows it's there but it's not showing up in drives I used the flash drive in my zgemma and the zgemma changes the partition in some way so PC won't recognise it now. I...
  9. USB Flash Drive UEFI problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Flash Drive UEFI problem: Hello Tenforums.com No matter what I do, my Lenovo Flex 2-14 doesn't seem to recognise my USB as an UEFI Windows bootable flash device, despite following this guide https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html (Option 2), step by step. I am using a Verbatim...
  10. Make USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make USB Flash Drive: I was going to make a USB Flash Drive to install windows 10 as described in tutorial by Brink. But I find that ISO has been removed?? Can I still make Flash Drive / How?: 8461