Windows 10: No access on HDD's and USB flash drives

Discus and support No access on HDD's and USB flash drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Immortal, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Immortal Win User

No access on HDD's and USB flash drives

Hello.

Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread and forgive me if there is already a thread with the same problem.

I do not have access to any of the extra hard disks and flash drives.
    The only hard drive that i normally access is C.
    If i change the letter of the disc, i will have access, but after restarting, again the same.
    What can i do about this please?

:)

Immortal, Sep 4, 2018
  2. monim1 Win User

USB Flash Drive or Ex HDD?

Go with the external HDD. Though it's size is bigger, it is safer than USB flash drive. Also you will get more storage.

monim1, Sep 4, 2018
  3. USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Sep 4, 2018
  4. panchoman Win User

Boot linux on USB drive

it might just be that your bios doesn't support it, but it should anyway.

make sure you go into the bios and make sure "boot other device" is enabled and try seeing if the usb is listed as an hdd.. as bootable flash drives are usually picked up as usb hdd's and check if your bios detects the flash drive.

panchoman, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No access on HDD's and USB flash drives - Similar Threads - access HDD's USB

2. Access denied to usb flash drive - Help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access denied to usb flash drive - Help!: Trying to access new Sandisk flash drive on laptop but error message access denied you have no permission. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-to-usb-flash-drive-help/37e9b2a8-1bc6-4a08-801b-86240bcc0f27
  3. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  4. usb flash drive

usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...
  5. how to clone hdd to usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to clone hdd to usb flash drive: Hi All, Hope this is the right tread.. A few years back I got some great help here on installing new drive, I have a Lenovo All in one PC and time to upgrade to a bigger drive, has any one done this on an All in one pc, if so how? Last time I did this if I recall I bought...
  6. how to clone hdd to usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to clone hdd to usb flash drive: Hi All, Hope this is the right tread.. A few years back I got some great help here on installing new drive, I have a Lenovo All in one PC and time to upgrade to a bigger drive, has any one done this on an All in one pc, if so how? Last time I did this if I recall I bought...
  7. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: usually, when I insert a cd/dvd in my laptop, it usually asks how I want to use it, and gives 2 options: like a USB flash drive or with CD/DVD drive. I just need to see and read what's in it. which option is appropriate?...
  8. access denied for a usb flash drive.

access denied for a usb flash drive.: I have a new hp laptop and I cannot access any usb flash drives. I am not a computer person and I have tried all the internet solutions. Can you help me?...
  9. No access on HDD's and USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Support
    No access on HDD's and USB flash drives: Hello. Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread and forgive me if there is already a thread with the same problem. I do not have access to any of the extra hard disks and...
  10. HDD seen as USB flash drive

HDD seen as USB flash drive: I have inserted in my Win10 64bit PC, an HDD drive (physically), beside the old one, where I have OS installed. Everything is ok, except that my OS see this new HDD as USB stick, right down in system tray, as USB flash drive, and I can eject it by there ... which is not ok. I...