Windows 10: no access permissions to the item in OneDrive

Discus and support no access permissions to the item in OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Fresh install but have had this previously, as well, and install a few programs that put links on the desktop. OneDrive is syncing the desktop.Create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by john_457, Oct 24, 2021.

1. john_457 Win User

no access permissions to the item in OneDrive

Fresh install but have had this previously, as well, and install a few programs that put links on the desktop. OneDrive is syncing the desktop.Create a folder on the desktop, and move the shortcuts to this folder.When Onedrive tries to sync, get the error for each of the shortcuts ie if there are 5 shortcuts in the folder get "5 sync issues":"No access permissions to the item.It appears that you do not have access permissions to the item. Ensure that you have the right permissions to allow the item to sync."If I copy the folder to another area, error goes away. If I then copy it back to t

:)

john_457, Oct 24, 2021
  2. BazzaG Win User

OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item

The Desktop folder is sync'd to OneDrive but I've noticed that there are a bunch of desktop shortcuts that not included.

These shortcuts have been added to C:\Users\Public\Desktop during the install and include shortcuts for MS Edge, Chrome, etc. etc.

So I tried to create a link or junction to this directory to sync to OneDrive:

mklink /j "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\Public Desktop" "C:\Users\Public\Desktop"

which worked just fine.

However, in OneDrive I now have a number of sync errors, all of which are:

Microsoft Edge.lnk
    No access permissions to the item.
    It appears that you do not have access permissions to the item. Ensure that you have the right permissions to allow the the item to sync.

I did try to give each shortcut read access to my UID via the Properties -> Security but that didn't work.

How can I fix this?

TIA...

BazzaG, Oct 24, 2021
  3. BazzaG Win User
    OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item

I must be blind!!!!!

Anyway, this is what I see:

no access permissions to the item in OneDrive [​IMG]

I don't see any error as in your screenshot.

BazzaG, Oct 24, 2021
  4. no access permissions to the item in OneDrive

cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

no access permissions to the item in OneDrive

1. no access permissions to the item in OneDrive - Similar Threads - access permissions item

2. OneDrive won't sync new files because "No access permissions to this item."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive won't sync new files because "No access permissions to this item.": I downloaded some new files onto my laptop, and they won't sync with the OneDrive even though it has no problem doing it with my old files, I restarted the OneDrive but that did not fix the issue....
  3. OneDrive won't sync new files because "No access permissions to this item."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive won't sync new files because "No access permissions to this item.": I downloaded some new files onto my laptop, and they won't sync with the OneDrive even though it has no problem doing it with my old files, I restarted the OneDrive but that did not fix the issue....
  4. No access permissions to item is preventing item from syncing to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No access permissions to item is preventing item from syncing to OneDrive: An unimportant .lnk is not being backed up by OneDrive due to "No access permissions to item". What is the recommended action? The file it links to was used to backup my last mobile to the PC as an intermediary, then restored to the new mobile. Looking at the Properties of...
  5. No access permissions to item is preventing item from syncing to OneDrive

No access permissions to item is preventing item from syncing to OneDrive: An unimportant .lnk is not being backed up by OneDrive due to "No access permissions to item". What is the recommended action? The file it links to was used to backup my last mobile to the PC as an intermediary, then restored to the new mobile. Looking at the Properties of...
  6. OneDrive access permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive access permissions: OneDrive Personal returns a notification that 5 files have not been uploaded because they do not have"access permission" and requests for me to correct the situation.Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this and I hope to learn from you the "how to..."Please and thank you...
  7. OneDrive access permissions

OneDrive access permissions: OneDrive Personal returns a notification that 5 files have not been uploaded because they do not have"access permission" and requests for me to correct the situation.Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this and I hope to learn from you the "how to..."Please and thank you...
  8. no access permissions to the item in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no access permissions to the item in OneDrive: Fresh install but have had this previously, as well, and install a few programs that put links on the desktop. OneDrive is syncing the desktop.Create a folder on the desktop, and move the shortcuts to this folder.When Onedrive tries to sync, get the error for each of the...
  9. no access permissions to the item in OneDrive

no access permissions to the item in OneDrive: Fresh install but have had this previously, as well, and install a few programs that put links on the desktop. OneDrive is syncing the desktop.Create a folder on the desktop, and move the shortcuts to this folder.When Onedrive tries to sync, get the error for each of the...
  10. OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item: The Desktop folder is sync'd to OneDrive but I've noticed that there are a bunch of desktop shortcuts that not included. These shortcuts have been added to C:\Users\Public\Desktop during the install and include shortcuts for MS Edge, Chrome, etc. etc. So I tried to create a...