Windows 10: No access to a file regardless

Discus and support No access to a file regardless in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do you delete a file that you have no access to even though you have set permissions to modify, edit or delete it, to "Everyone"? I still have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SoulEnd281, Oct 1, 2019.

1. No access to a file regardless

How do you delete a file that you have no access to even though you have set permissions to modify, edit or delete it, to "Everyone"?

I still have Norten Security on my system, even though I used 3rd party software to uninstall it (using Iobit Uninstaller).

:)

SoulEnd281, Oct 1, 2019

2. Lagging File Explorer

How old is your HDD?

If it is starting to fail (e.g. developing dodgy blocks/sectors) you can experience long delays when you try to access files on it.

Regardless of its age, I would suggest that you immediately backup your:
    • Personal files
    • Driver installers
    • Program installers and keys

lehnerus2000, Oct 1, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Recover access database

Looks like you will need to rebuild the whole thing but at least you have the data still, right?
    EDIT: Wait did you try this?

Convert a database to the Access 2007 file format

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...-the-access-2007-file-format-HA010048406.aspx

You cannot convert a replicated database to the Office Access 2007 file format. However, you can use Access 2007 to create a replica of a database that is formatted in either the Access 2000 or the Access 2002 - 2003 file format.

More copy and paste:
    [paste:font size="5"]Convert an Access 97 database, Convert an Access 95 database, or Convert an Access 2.0 database.
    • Click the Microsoft Office Button
      No access to a file regardless [​IMG]
      , point to Save As, and then, under Save the database in another format, click the file format to which you want to convert.
    • If any database objects are open when you use the Save Database As command, Access prompts you to close them prior to creating the copy. Click Yes to make Access close the objects, or click No to cancel the entire process. If needed, Access will also prompt you to save any changes.
    • In the Save As dialog box, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
    Access creates the copy of the database, and then opens the copy. Access automatically closes the original database.

Here is a short and sweet version: http://www.ehow.com/how_7339817_convert-2003-database-access-2007.html

DRDNA, Oct 1, 2019
  4. No access to a file regardless

File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

No access to a file regardless

1. No access to a file regardless - Similar Threads - access file regardless

2. Unable to change NTFS permissions regardless of Full Control access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change NTFS permissions regardless of Full Control access: HelloThere's a folder on a server to which I have full control permissions. I need to add new security group to the folder. It should inherit permissions from parent folder, but it doesn't, I receive message " Failed to enumerate... Access denied". I have tried to add the...
  3. Question regardless Networking with NetBEUI

Question regardless Networking with NetBEUI: I have used Win 7 32Bit for Networking Sharing files The Win 7 PC Connected to Hardware Real Time App. PC.The Protocol which been used is NetBEUI, and it seems very well working.After Upgrading to Win 10 Pro Ver. 21H2It is possible to Read any size Files from Win 10 PC...
  4. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings: I've changed the settings for my Lock Screen as well as Screensaver such that it should not ever turn on. Yet, after leaving my computer for 15 minutes, the lock screen turns on. I want this completely disabled, is this a bug?...
  5. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings: I've changed the settings for my Lock Screen as well as Screensaver such that it should not ever turn on. Yet, after leaving my computer for 15 minutes, the lock screen turns on. I want this completely disabled, is this a bug?...
  6. WSL: No Write Access to Certian Folders in Windows User Profile Folder Regardless of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WSL: No Write Access to Certian Folders in Windows User Profile Folder Regardless of...: In WSL, I'm unable to write to my "Videos" folder in my Windows user profile at /mnt/c/Users/UserProfile/OneDrive/Videos in WSL however all the other folders in my user profile seem to have full read-write access, such as "Downloads" or "Documents"The permissions for all the...
  7. Media files change file explorer's appearance, regardless of settings

Media files change file explorer's appearance, regardless of settings: Hi, my question is very similar - the same, really - as this question.I have a folder - Music, Videos, etc - which only contains media files.Regardless of any other settings, and regardless of whether I have done the "apply to all folders" dance, these folders *always* show...
  8. Connected, No Internet Access - Regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection

Connected, No Internet Access - Regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection: We've had at least 5 laptops of varying model types running Windows 10 Pro 1903 experience an issue with network connectivity. This seems to be regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet network connection. In the case of a Wi-Fi connection, the taskbar icon displays 'Connected, No...
  9. Can't access my Outlook, regardless of the security notification telling me otherwise.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access my Outlook, regardless of the security notification telling me otherwise.: Stupid bloody Hotmail. I'm sick of it. Most useless e-mail system ever created. I've been waiting almost half a day for the verification text with a code to come through, so I can actually access my e-mails from my bank. All I did was want to change the security from my...
  10. Set up Backup/File History to run regardless of current user

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Set up Backup/File History to run regardless of current user: Hi all, Just wondering what the best way to set up File History is, so that it will run regardless of the user logged in? I have a laptop shared between me and my wife, and we both have user profiles. These days it's mostly her that's logged in, and I just use Chrome for...