Windows 10: No access to C Drive

Discus and support No access to C Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. You think you have problems? My "c" Drive has not worked or giving me access to it, as a result of the Windows download or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by H.SteveWhiteside, Jan 16, 2020.

1. No access to C Drive

Split from this thread.​

You think you have problems? My "c" Drive has not worked or giving me access to it, as a result of the Windows download or upload to help in my "Windows Experience", I have not...that's NOT received any upgrades for security, version updates, apps, any file downloaded to my computer wont finish downloading and installing. You may have other options, and with money, those options may help your situation. You could buy something else. Since Windows 10 came to the delight of millions across the globe, It has been less than unacceptable in many areas of it's intended victims, I mean customers. ......Like me! I don't have my history file, it vanished about the same time all this started. I have no way to reboot, recover, go back, go forward. It's worse than you could imagine.

This Senior Citizen sees "Senior Abuse at the core of Microsoft\Windows10 values and maybe even their bank books.

I WISH I COULD BUY SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS NOT MICROSOFT, I WILL SELL YOU MY WINDOWS10. THE "windows experience" WILL THRILL YOU! Cheap like it's quality!!!! I SEE CLEARLY 2020 OR SOME OTHER NEWS AGENCY OR INVESTIGATIVE AGENCY

SHOULD HAVE A LOOK AT MICROSOFT'S POLICIES AND WHAT IT MEANS FOR THE AMERICAN PUBLIC WHEN THEY AGREE TO THEIR POLICIES. YOU HAVE TO. IN ORDER TO GET MICROSOFT.

THERE IS NO OTHER OPTIONS I HAVE SEEN. And no super heros either. That's just Great!!!!!!

H.S.W.

01-12-2020

:)

H.SteveWhiteside, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Hi,

To better understand the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• How are you trying to access (CNo access to C Drive :) Drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Paola Gar Win User

No access to C Drive

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Based on the error message you're getting, we'd like to know if you've tried repairing Office? If not, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Search/Cortana.
    • Type Programs and Features and then press Enter.
    • Look for Microsoft Office from the list and then right-click to select
      Repair

It will automatically fix any issues that might be causing the problem. After running a repair, kindly check if you'll now be able to access (CNo access to C Drive :) drive.

Tell us what would be the result.

Paola Gar, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

No access to C Drive

1. No access to C Drive - Similar Threads - access Drive

2. Windows 11 won't accept network credentials to access USB drive plugged into wifi router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't accept network credentials to access USB drive plugged into wifi router: I've lost the ability to access the USB drive plugged into the USB slot of my MG8702 modem/router. I used to have access with Windows 10, but I'm no longer able to access it from my PC, after updating it to Windows 11. I can log into the MG8702 via a web browser at...
  3. Windows 11 won't accept network credentials to access USB drive plugged into wifi router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won't accept network credentials to access USB drive plugged into wifi router: I've lost the ability to access the USB drive plugged into the USB slot of my MG8702 modem/router. I used to have access with Windows 10, but I'm no longer able to access it from my PC, after updating it to Windows 11. I can log into the MG8702 via a web browser at...
  4. No access to C:\ Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No access to C:\ Drive: So when I try to open my C:\ drive it denies my access, I have gone through all the tutorials however whenever I try to change the owner of the drive it freezes and crashes. I have followed all the tutorials but all of them lead to me changing the ownership which always...
  5. No access to C:\ Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No access to C:\ Drive: So when I try to open my C:\ drive it denies my access, I have gone through all the tutorials however whenever I try to change the owner of the drive it freezes and crashes. I have followed all the tutorials but all of them lead to me changing the ownership which always...
  6. No access to C:\ Drive

7. I cannot access photos via one drive. I receive errors stating too many attempts have been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access photos via one drive. I receive errors stating too many attempts have been...: I cannot access photos via one drive. I receive errors stating too many attempts have been made. When in fact I have not done so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-access-photos-via-one-drive-i-receive/b192dfa6-ca7c-404c-b4e2-88acb50f842f
  8. I cannot access photos via one drive. I receive errors stating too many attempts have been...

I cannot access photos via one drive. I receive errors stating too many attempts have been...: I cannot access photos via one drive. I receive errors stating too many attempts have been made. When in fact I have not done so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-access-photos-via-one-drive-i-receive/b192dfa6-ca7c-404c-b4e2-88acb50f842f
  9. How do we fix the Photo app to access files on sharedmapped drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we fix the Photo app to access files on sharedmapped drives?: I have to move the files from the shared drive to the desktop in order for them to be viewed. It just opens in a black screen when trying to open a .jpg or .png file from the shared drive. How do we change the settings to open files on shared drives? I now have to install...
  10. How do we fix the Photo app to access files on sharedmapped drives?

How do we fix the Photo app to access files on sharedmapped drives?: I have to move the files from the shared drive to the desktop in order for them to be viewed. It just opens in a black screen when trying to open a .jpg or .png file from the shared drive. How do we change the settings to open files on shared drives? I now have to install...