Windows 10: No access to downloaded games

Discus and support No access to downloaded games in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I started family sharing to my kids could learn to manage their time better on the computer. When they log in to their account they no longer have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NaWo5, Jul 29, 2021.

1. NaWo5 Win User

No access to downloaded games

I started family sharing to my kids could learn to manage their time better on the computer. When they log in to their account they no longer have access to the games that are downloaded on the computer. We have minecraft not through microsoft and other games that we downloaded but they can't access them. Anyone know how to help with this?

:)

NaWo5, Jul 29, 2021

2. Where are my downloaded Games?

Hi Brandon,

Games downloaded from the Microsoft Store website or through the Windows Store app are added in the Xbox app's Game list. To access this, kindly perform the following steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games. Games you have on that device will appear there.

If you can't see the game, it may be because the game was not automatically added on your Game list. To add it, proceed with the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games.
    • Select Add a game from your PC.
    • You'll see a scrollable list of all Win32 games and programs that have
      Start
      menu shortcuts. From the list, find Solitaire HD and add it to your
      My games menu so you can quickly browse for and launch the game.
    • Once you've selected your choices, select Add selected games at the bottom of the pop-up window.

Don't forget to notify us with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Jul 29, 2021
  3. System restarts while accessing games from Steam on Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the games using Steam on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates and driver updates on your device?
    • Have you checked with the game compatibility and system requirements to access the games?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest to check with the system requirements to play the game.

Step 1: As you have already installed Steam in compatibility on Windows 10, I suggest to install the games in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated gaming software from the manufacturer's website.
    • Right click the gaming software
      installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the game and check.

Step 2: Update Graphics Driver.

Download the latest drivers from manufacturer's website, try to install them manually and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software and click on
      Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 29, 2021
  4. No access to downloaded games

Downloading games

Hi,

Install game in Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the game I compatibility mode and check: Follow these steps:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

No access to downloaded games

1. No access to downloaded games - Similar Threads - access downloaded games

2. Game download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game download: Trying to download a game from Best Buy and then place it into a folder on my computer then place the game into my Steam account. How can this be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-download/0b9e6cf1-5864-4257-9476-c23bf3844ae7
  3. Download game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download game: I am trying to download Origin so that I can play The Sims 4. Every time I try it says "Virus Scan Fail". I have followed every instruction to try to bypass the virus scan, but it keeps happening. How can I download Origin?...
  4. Download game

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Download game: I am trying to download Origin so that I can play The Sims 4. Every time I try it says "Virus Scan Fail". I have followed every instruction to try to bypass the virus scan, but it keeps happening. How can I download Origin?...
  5. Games not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games not downloading: I was playing a game yesterday and it crashed so i went to reinstall it and gaming services came up so i downloaded it and it wouldn't let me into any games. When i try to install any games it asks me what drive i want to install it on then it just doesn't do anything when i...
  6. Game download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game download: I got state of decay 2 with xbox gamepass downloaded on my pc a month ago and uninstalled by accident. How do I reinstall the game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-download/d77e4065-6ed6-411e-b46d-98699ceda995
  7. Downloading games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading games: Hi, I am having trouble downloading games on my D drive, I can only download games on my C drive, and when I tried to set my “where new content is saved” to the D drive it gives met the error code 0x80070005...
  8. Downloading games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading games: I bought a game from Microsoft store and it won't download, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-games/b4e986a4-7bfd-4310-a9de-658432bd2445
  9. can not access micrsoft store to play games or download apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can not access micrsoft store to play games or download apps: it keeps asking for a code, I don't have this code, and doesn't have anywhere to do the settings account log in info to change anything please help...
  10. Access to downloaded store games for all user accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access to downloaded store games for all user accounts?: Hi - this user accounts area has stumped me - can you help? I have downloaded a number of games from the Microsoft store. But on my pc I have a child user account for my three children via the Microsoft family accounts windows 10 online software. How do I make the games I...