Windows 10: No access to external drive in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support No access to external drive in Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, even after I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro I cannot access the external drive D: on my new HP Desktop. Under the properties of disk D: the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Koenvan Stigt Thans, May 4, 2020.

1. No access to external drive in Windows 10 Pro

Hello, even after I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro I cannot access the external drive D: on my new HP Desktop. Under the properties of disk D: the [Security] tab is missing. How can I adjust this in Windows? There is no hardware problem because the external disk is working on my laptop and the settings in the Desktop BIOS are correct.

No access to external drive in Windows 10 Pro 64d53a28-f3ff-41ec-930b-7ccb0718e0fa?upload=true.jpg

:)

Koenvan Stigt Thans, May 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 4, 2020
  3. Can't Access Either of My External Drives After 14393

Hi Michael,

To better assist you with your concern, I would like to ask if you're getting any error messages when accessing your external drives? If yes, can you provide us with the exact error message?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Click on USB Mass Storage.
    • Right click on your USB, and then click on Update Driver Software.
    • Once done, check if you can access your external drives.

Regards.

Ruizell Rey, May 4, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

No access to external drive in Windows 10 Pro

External Drive "not accessible"

Hi,

Corrupted USB controller is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to access your external hard drive. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this

link
    to resolve the issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 4, 2020
Thema:

No access to external drive in Windows 10 Pro

1. No access to external drive in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - access external drive

2. Windows 10 external hard drive access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 external hard drive access denied: I have an external backup hard drive that has suddenly started giving "Access denied" error message when I try to open it. However, if i open a CMD window as administrator, I can fully access the external drive and copy or move files as normal. Right now, my plan is to copy...
  3. Does windows 10 pro education restrict USB access to external dvd drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does windows 10 pro education restrict USB access to external dvd drive?: I am setting up a new geobook laptop for a charity I work for. It has windows 10 pro education on but is not linked to any other network. I need to install some software for our microscope but when I connect the dvd drive, it doesn’t seem to be recognised and the cd will not...
  4. Does windows 10 pro education restrict USB access to external dvd drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows 10 pro education restrict USB access to external dvd drive?: I am setting up a new geobook laptop for a charity I work for. It has windows 10 pro education on but is not linked to any other network. I need to install some software for our microscope but when I connect the dvd drive, it doesn’t seem to be recognised and the cd will not...
  5. Does windows 10 pro education restrict USB access to external dvd drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. external drive access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external drive access: I have a U32 Shadow Portable Drive attached to my W10 desktop. I would like to restrict access to this drive for other accounts on the PC. I've tried the method shown here https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/8035/how-to-restrict-access-to-drive-in-my-computer-on-windows/ and...
  7. Accessing external drive

Accessing external drive: I put an external memory stick into the PC. A window tells me I have to reformat it. Why? Never did before. I click to start reformatting, Another window say reformatting will erase all the memory. Then how the hell do I access the files on it? This is nuts. Anybody got a...
  8. External drive not accessible

External drive not accessible: I have reformatted a drive I used with my Mac to use NTFS only as I intend to use it purely on Windows. My laptop recognises/sees the drive but when I double click to open it it tells me that access is denied. I then reformatted it again via Disk Management, which took...
  9. access to external drives

access to external drives: I am unable to access my CD drive and USB that I plugged in. It brings an error of its not accessible. My laptop is a HP product and is windows 10. Kindly help. Thank you....
  10. Windows 10 Pro and External Hard Drives...

Windows 10 Pro and External Hard Drives...: Hello, I recently bought a new PC with win 10 pro on board. I was disappointed to find that my Sabrent Dual Hard Drive bay as well as my Inateck external hard drive cable are not recognized by my laptop, a Lenovo Thinkpad. I had no issues with either of these external...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 access files on external drive