Windows 10: No access to hard drive

Discus and support No access to hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 and a hard drive that I can not access. It shows on the computer, when I click on it, either it freezes or nothing happens. Ive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChastityW, Nov 9, 2020.

1. ChastityW Win User

No access to hard drive

I have a windows 10 and a hard drive that I can not access. It shows on the computer, when I click on it, either it freezes or nothing happens. Ive tried update drive and unistall but nothing seems to work. I have even tried switching usp ports, nothing seem to fix the problem.

:)

ChastityW, Nov 9, 2020

2. Location is not available F:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. External hard drive

Hi,

Most of the time, when your external hard drive shows that error message, it suggests that you don’t have the privilege of accessing to the disk partition. We need to get a permit to take ownership of the drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click your hard drive, then select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click Advanced, then select Edit.
    • On the Owner tab, modify the ownership of the specified account.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Unable to access the external hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Alan,

As you are facing issues with accessing the external hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your devices?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the drive?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to detect the device under Device Manager/ File Explorer?

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 3: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 10, 2020
  4. No access to hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

No access to hard drive

1. No access to hard drive - Similar Threads - access hard drive

2. Accessing c drive on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing c drive on external hard drive: I really don't know how to explain this. But I have 2 computers. A desktop, and a laptop. The desktop had a lot of dust and one of the fans has blown and an electrical smell from the fan area started. I turned the computer off right away.Later, I removed the hard disk drive...
  3. Hard Drive OS Repair/Access on a hard drive attached as a external hard drive

Hard Drive OS Repair/Access on a hard drive attached as a external hard drive: I have a computer originally from my son. It had not been running for 5-7 years, burnt power supply. I was updating to most current Win 10 and the files got corrupted at version 1909 and it won't boot. In Win PE recovery mode I've tried system restore, system reset, advanced...
  4. Issue with accessing hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with accessing hard drive: I go to the Control panel where I can find my HD. However the Disk management shows that the HD Not Initialized, unallocated... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-accessing-hard-drive/6ac8c0d3-3297-48a2-9adb-0ddf3a410a4c
  5. External Hard Drive No Access

External Hard Drive No Access: My external Seagate Backup Plus Drive shows up as E:\ when I plug it in but is not able to be accessed. I could see under right click properties that it was an NTFS drive and the name but zero for used, free, and capacity. I could get in from the command prompt and got one...
  6. remote hard drive access

remote hard drive access: Hello; I replaced a hard drive in a laptop with a SSD cloned, it works fine. Bought a case for the drive removed, but when I connect it via usb, the drive powers up, and I get the icon showing a usb connection, but the drive doesn't show up in the tree. I left the...
  7. USB hard drive is not accessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB hard drive is not accessible: I just tried to access my external usb hard drive and was unable to do so. Received error message: "E:\ is not accessible - the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable". I just updated all my drivers 2 days ago so I tried plugging the drive into my laptop which has the...
  8. Can't access hard drive

Can't access hard drive: Hi Im running w10 on an EliteBook. Local disk drive C with a capacity of 30gb is now full. There is a second drive New Volume D with 285gb capacity but despite switching where content is saved, this doesn't happen. I have tried formatting to no avail Anyone got any ideas....
  9. External Hard drive not accessible

External Hard drive not accessible: My external hard drive was unplugged accidently. When i plugged it back into the computer, it recogonized a previous error with it and was in the process of fixing those errors automatically when it was accidentally unplugged again. Now when i plug in my external drive the...
  10. External Hard drive not accessible...

External Hard drive not accessible...: Hi All, External Hard drive not accessible...? I have 1TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim 200gb cloud Hard Drive. It was working fine on Win 7 earlier, I formatted my desktop and installed win 7 OS since then my exernal hard drive is not initializing. My external hdd was not...