Windows 10: No Access to JPG or Videios

Discus and support No Access to JPG or Videios in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to open any Jpg file or a video on my computer, it gives me an error message saying "The app didn't start" and it will force me off. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CrystalMusick, Feb 12, 2019.

1. No Access to JPG or Videios

When I try to open any Jpg file or a video on my computer, it gives me an error message saying "The app didn't start" and it will force me off. This started occurring when I upgraded to Windows 10. What do I need to do to have the ability to open jpgs and videos again?

No Access to JPG or Videios c7f5f938-cb30-43ff-a45a-9fbe8a5875cf?upload=true.jpg

:)

CrystalMusick, Feb 12, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 12, 2019
  4. enso Win User

No Access to JPG or Videios

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

No Access to JPG or Videios

1. No Access to JPG or Videios - Similar Threads - Access JPG Videios

2. jpg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpg files: I have some pictures that will not open due to jpg file, no instruction is complete enough to fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/f9f080be-6835-4841-8ca6-d4fc33edf4ee
  3. JPG

JPG: I scanned a photo and it is now png. I must change it to JPG to share it. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg/f14ad49b-e0df-4377-85e1-5a972a56dd88
  4. MVC JPG

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MVC JPG: I have sony MVC-FD85 camera that uses floppy disk I pulled it out other day but can not find a program to open the MVC JPG pictures I have windows 10 Would like to use the camera it still works great thank you for your help...
  5. Can't access JPG files and other files.

Can't access JPG files and other files.: I am getting "Object Server is Stopping when OLE service Contacts it" This happened after Windows 10 software automatic upgrade. I can't access or open JPG files and files that I have scanned previously. How can I fix this issue?...
  6. JPG Files

JPG Files: On my external hard drive some of the files have changed from JPEG to JPG. I did not do this change. I currently use Windows Photos to view my pictures however it does not open up the JPG files even though according to Microsoft it should. I have tried other programs as...
  7. .jpg files

.jpg files: Need access to my .jpg files from a trip in 2011 Cannot even see .jpg files on flash drive I saved to or with PPoint files I created Using Windows 10 How do I gain access to these pictures?? Deadline today...please let me know ASAP Thanks for your help with this...
  8. Fotos jpg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fotos jpg: No puedo ver las fotos archivadas en mi notebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fotos-jpg/c1990391-7fae-4ddd-8b1e-504fb4cffe0f
  9. .JPG not supported?

.JPG not supported?: I recently received a bunch of Photos from my friend over Google Drive to avoid compression issues, while some of them will load and are preview-able, a large number of them "aren't supported" supported by google drive. All the images are .JPG files of similar size. I tried...
  10. Converting to JPG

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting to JPG: I have inserted a picture into Word that I would like to convert to JPG but not sure if this is possible? Any ideas would be very welcome please. Thanks 61191