Windows 10: no access to 'start menu' etc

Discus and support no access to 'start menu' etc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; im on insider preview of windows home - build 17692.rs_prerelease_flt.180625-1624 i have lost access to start menu and the notifications shortcut.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by notne, Jul 29, 2018.

1. notne Win User

no access to 'start menu' etc

im on insider preview of windows home - build 17692.rs_prerelease_flt.180625-1624

i have lost access to start menu and the notifications shortcut. when i attempt to run programs i receive error messages. i have lost quite a bit of functionality on my system (including unavailable camera, though this issue started prior to this). a prompt response is needed.

:)

notne, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Unable to access Start menu, Control Panel with File System Error: 1073740940 on Windows 10

Hi Roy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing the Start menu, we will help you with this issue.

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried the above mentioned troubleshooting steps to resolve the Start menu issue?

If you are still facing the issue, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 29, 2018
  4. no access to 'start menu' etc

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

no access to 'start menu' etc

1. no access to 'start menu' etc - Similar Threads - access 'start menu'

2. Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening: Hi guys,We are running Windows Server 2016 Standard. I have a problem that Google Chrome and any browser other than Internet Explorer cannot open. When I click, nothing happens.Same thing with Start Menu. I suppose if we fix Start menu, it will fix the rest of the...
  3. Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening: Hi guys,We are running Windows Server 2016 Standard. I have a problem that Google Chrome and any browser other than Internet Explorer cannot open. When I click, nothing happens.Same thing with Start Menu. I suppose if we fix Start menu, it will fix the rest of the...
  4. 20H2 Upgrade - Start Menu Colors etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 Upgrade - Start Menu Colors etc: The "upgrade" to 20H2 has changed all the colors of the start menu, Tab line color and taskbar color. How do I get it back to Windows standard colors that I had before: Start, produced a dark blue screen Taskbar was dark (black) Nothing seems to work - Help (and why do M/s...
  5. Windows 20H2 issues with Start Menu etc,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 20H2 issues with Start Menu etc,: Since upgrading to 20H2 from 1903, I have been having trouble with things, I can't find any results on fixes anywhere. Firstly, my Start menu seems to become very buggy, If I click it to open a program for example Gyazo and while Gyazo will open, theStart menu stays open...
  6. My Desktop, Start Menu, Etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Desktop, Start Menu, Etc.: Well, Microsoft finally did it. It had to happen but I can't believe the stupidity in their move. My machine is so messed up, as of July 6, 2019, that anything I place on the Desktop will NOT stay after a restart. Games will NOT start from the Start menu at any time. And,...
  7. Unable to access anything in Windows 10 - start menu, task manager, etc.

Unable to access anything in Windows 10 - start menu, task manager, etc.: Since yesterday, I've been unable to access start menu (windows button in keyboard, clicking on start menu or right-clicking on it). I'm not able to access task manager or services.msc - everything gives me this message: "The service cannot accept control messages at this...
  8. Can't access start menu

Can't access start menu: I can't access/see the start menu when I turn the computer on, however I can see my files. Consequently I cannot access Microsoft office "word" or any of the other apps on the start menu. Added to this I cannot turn off my computer using the left click on the mouse. The...
  9. Windows reset everything - Start menu - audio - etc?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows reset everything - Start menu - audio - etc?: My sons PC has just been having odd issues... this is the newest. Booted.... it got to the lock screen (kind of) - and had the power icon in the corner. We chose restart Seemed fine... start chrome. Froze Force restart... start chrome. Froze.... ok chrome is messed up...
  10. Start Menu Folder Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Folder Access: Hi, I'm not sure if this has been posted before, as I did a search and couldn't find anything, but I might be phrasing it oddly. Anyway, does anyone know if there is a way to allow folder access through the start menu in Windows 10? By folder access, I mean like in Windows...