Windows 10: No access to system settings on my win 10 deskop

Discus and support No access to system settings on my win 10 deskop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After latest win 10 update, ver 1903, I cannot access system settings(display, sound, notification, power). Screen flashes, then disappears. All other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by varmitguy1, Jul 25, 2019.

1. No access to system settings on my win 10 deskop

After latest win 10 update, ver 1903, I cannot access system settings(display, sound, notification, power). Screen flashes, then disappears. All other window setting options are available.

:)

varmitguy1, Jul 25, 2019
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

No access to system settings on my win 10 deskop

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

No access to system settings on my win 10 deskop

1. No access to system settings on my win 10 deskop - Similar Threads - access system settings

2. Deskop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deskop icons: If I change scale and layout from 150 to 125 then back to 150, the icons go back to how they were arranged at 150. If I change from 150 to 125 then restart the laptop then set back to 150, will they still go back to how they were arranged at 150...
  3. Deskop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deskop icons: If I change scale and layout from 150 to 125 then back to 150, the icons go back to how they were arranged at 150. If I change from 150 to 125 then restart the laptop then set back to 150, will they still go back to how they were arranged at 150...
  4. Deskop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Deskop images

Deskop images: Hi! Hope you are doing well. Does someone know, how could I submit a photo for Windows or Microsoft to consider it for their Deskopt pictures? I would apreciate your help, Thank you!...
  6. Can not access system settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not access system settings: Every time i click on system setting the wheel comes up and then goes back to the home screen. All my settings on the notification on bottom right are greyed out when I open it. I need to add a blue tooth devise and cant get to settings [ATTACH]...
  7. access BIOS settings in Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    access BIOS settings in Win 10: I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated series of steps...
  8. I can not access the settings in win 10

I can not access the settings in win 10: When I go to the windows icon at the bottom left and click on settings, I get the settings icon on the taskbar but I can not open/maximize it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-access-the-settings-in-win-10/873f3c77-201b-4369-956d-d7044228211f
  9. Win 10 mailoto protocol ignoring system settings

Win 10 mailoto protocol ignoring system settings: Win 10 Enterprise build 1809 ignores default settings to use Thunderbird instead of Outlook for mail to. I have triple checked the default mail app setting and protocol setting, switched back and forth between the two applications as default, it refuses to use the system...
  10. Win 10 Access

Win 10 Access: Hi! I am trying to help a nonprofit that recently purchased pc's with Windows 10 installed. I need help with two issues. #1-When doing the initial setup, and asked "Who will be using this computer?", it was mistaken to mean the ACTUAL USER (standard user), not the local...