Windows 10: No access to Win 10 folders from networked Win 7 PC or Win 7 Laptop

Discus and support No access to Win 10 folders from networked Win 7 PC or Win 7 Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; About 4 weeks ago I found I could no longer access any Win 10 folders from my Win 7 PC or Win 7 laptop. I have done the following to try to resolve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mb300e, Mar 3, 2019.

1. mb300e Win User

No access to Win 10 folders from networked Win 7 PC or Win 7 Laptop

About 4 weeks ago I found I could no longer access any Win 10 folders from my Win 7 PC or Win 7 laptop. I have done the following to try to resolve this.

1) On Win 7 machines. deleted mapped drives and tried to re-map them – Failed, could not even see the Win 10 Laptop when trying to re-map.

2) Checked the Win 7 Services as follows:
    Computer Browser – Automatic
    DHCP Client - Automatic - Started
    DNS Client - Automatic - Started
    Network Connections - Automatic - Started
    Network Location Awareness - Automatic - Started
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC) - Automatic - Started
    Server - Automatic - Started
    TCP/IP Netbios helper - Automatic - Started
    Workstation - Automatic – Started

3) Checked the Win 10 Services as follows:
    Computer Browser – Manual (Trigger Start) – Running
    DHCP Client – Automatic – Running
    DNS Client - Automatic (Trigger Start) – Running
    Function Discovery Resource Publication - Automatic – Running (was Manual-Stopped)
    Function Discovery Provider Host - Automatic – Running (was Manual-Stopped)
    Network Connections – Automatic - Running
    Network Location Awareness - Automatic - Running
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC) - Automatic – Running
    Server - Automatic (Trigger Start) – Running
    TCP/IP Netbios helper - Manual (Trigger Start) – Running
    Workstation - Automatic – Running

4) Can ping the Win 10 Laptop from both Win 7 devices.

5) Win 10 Network Discovery and Automatic Setup are checked.

6) Win 10 File and Printer Sharing are “ON” for Private and Public networks.

7) The Win 10 Data folder permissions are “Everyone” with full permission.

8) I went through the “Give Access To” “Everyone” on the Win 10 Data folders.

9) Win 10 Firewall is set to allow File and Printer Sharing.

10) In Win 10 Folder Options the “Use Sharing Wizard” is Checked.

11) In Advanced Sharing Settings, All Networks File Sharing Connections is set to use 128-bit Encryption.

12) Both Win 7 devices have now “left” their Homegroup which have been disabled on both devices.

I cannot think of anything else to check. Since I checked all the above and fixed a few, I can now see the Win 10 Laptop when I try to map to it but cannot complete the mapping because when the click on it to select a folder it will not open. I get a network error saying Windows cannot access "\\Doo-Dah-Doo-Dah".

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

mb300e, Mar 3, 2019
  2. MenyEi Win User

Win 7 PC can't see shared folder of Win 10 PC

I have small home network. The Home Group sharing capabilities are working both ways.

For some reason the Win 10 PC do not appear in the network list in my Win 7 PC, while the Win 7 PC do appear in the Win 10 network list (and can access it's shared folders).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Meny

MenyEi, Mar 3, 2019
  3. mbc320 Win User
    Cannot connect from a Networked Win 7 PC to a Win 10 Laptop

I have 2 networked Laptops, one is a Win 10, one a Win 7, and a networked Win 7 PC.

I am unable to connect from Win 7 Desktop to a Windows 10 Laptop but I can go the other way.

Win 7 Laptop to Win 10 Laptop is OK.

Win 10 Laptop to Win 7 Laptop is OK.

Win 10 Laptop to Win 7 Desktop is OK.

Win 7 Desktop to Win 10 Laptop is NO GO.

I do not know whether it is a Win 10 Laptop or a Win 7 Desktop problem. All use the same Homegroup. I am the only user; there are no other accounts on any of the machines.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

mbc320, Mar 3, 2019
  4. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. No access to Win 10 folders from networked Win 7 PC or Win 7 Laptop - Similar Threads - access folders networked

2. Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to Win 10: I have the Windows 7 home edition. by the time I changed it to Win 10 and then due a virus I formatted my disks. Right now, I want to activate the win 10 new installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/d8f511b9-2035-4fc5-aa6b-b48dfce47dcc
  3. upgrade win 7 pc to win 10

upgrade win 7 pc to win 10: hey.this is my desctop pc for my work place.i want to upgrade win 7 to win 10.i use import software about my work place.if i upgrade with windows update assistant my software maybe removed/?//?...
  4. Retrograde from win 10 to win 7

Retrograde from win 10 to win 7: I have a spare laptop running windows 10 but I want to retrograde it to run on windows 7, I have my original windows 7 dvd but when I try to install win 7 it stops when it tries to install the installation files and tells me to restart the installation. Help please...
  5. Win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 7 to win 10: Can i transfer old computer win 7 to new win 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/ea48f987-32d1-4b38-9a63-726bfffde42b"
  6. Cannot Access Win 10 Laptop from Win 7 Desktop

Cannot Access Win 10 Laptop from Win 7 Desktop: Win 7 desktop is hardwired to Linksys ea8300 router and Win 10 laptop is connected via wifi. The Win 10 laptop can see the Win 7 desktop and its shares and connect to them. The win 7 desktop can see the win 10 tablet in the network but any attempt to access the laptop...
  7. How to Network WIN 7 to WIN 10

How to Network WIN 7 to WIN 10: I had asked this question previously and received an answer which somehow got deleted from my email. So please excuse the redundancy. I would like to network two computers. One has WIN 7 and the other WIN 10. As WIN 10 no longer supports home groups, I can't get them to see...
  8. Cannot connect from a Networked Win 7 PC to a Win 10 Laptop

Cannot connect from a Networked Win 7 PC to a Win 10 Laptop: I am assuming that this is a Win 10 problem. I have 2 networked Laptops, one is a Win 10, one a Win 7, and a networked Win 7 PC. I am unable to connect from Win 7 Desktop to a Windows 10 Laptop but I can go the other way. Status: Win 7 Laptop to Win 10 Laptop is OK....
  9. Networking Win 10 with Win 7

Networking Win 10 with Win 7: I have a desktop PC and two laptops all running Win 7 and networked through my router. I'd like to upgrade one of the laptops to Win 10 as a trial starter for probable upgrade on all but do not wish to lose the network connection in the meantime. Is that going to be a problem...
  10. win 7 to win 10

win 7 to win 10: hello,im having the icon down the task bar for reserve my win 10,i did it in advance,but what benefits i get?is it a full version or a trial?do i get updates?do i have to install it on win 7 just an upgrade?can i reverse to win 7?do i have any setup for further use? hope...