Windows 10: No access to WindowsApps folder, TrustedInstaller has Full Control, Fishy SkypeApp

Discus and support No access to WindowsApps folder, TrustedInstaller has Full Control, Fishy SkypeApp in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So for a while now I occasionally see a SkypeApp.exe appear in my task manager. I do not have Skype installed in any shape or form. I always close it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eldarado123, Dec 9, 2019.

1. No access to WindowsApps folder, TrustedInstaller has Full Control, Fishy SkypeApp

So for a while now I occasionally see a SkypeApp.exe appear in my task manager. I do not have Skype installed in any shape or form. I always close it and it usually seems to stay closed for a while, but I think it might just come back with little memory use sometimes. I went to the file location and it was this path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.54.91.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c

I wanted to delete the file, but I have no access to the WindowsApps folder. When I went to try to give myself access, I saw that I (Administrators) only have "List folder contents" in permissions, while System and some fishy-sounding TrustedInstaller have "Full Control" permissions. There is also one whose name is just a LOT of numbers starting with S-1-15-3-... which has a blue icon on the left instead of the two people icon. I just want to know if any of this sounds fishy to anyone, or if it is normal and what I should do to fix it. Thanks in advance!

:)

Eldarado123, Dec 9, 2019
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Hi,

I have changed WindowsApps folder permissions from Owner: TrustedInstaller to Owner:Sasko (e.t.c myself). How can I get back to my old and default persmissionss for this folder?

Thank you,

Sasko

SaskoPetrov, Dec 9, 2019
  4. No access to WindowsApps folder, TrustedInstaller has Full Control, Fishy SkypeApp

windowsapp folder access in windows 10

I am trying to list the windowsapp folder to give access to a program stored there so that it will be the default program for the .vob extension

JMiller1958, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

No access to WindowsApps folder, TrustedInstaller has Full Control, Fishy SkypeApp

1. No access to WindowsApps folder, TrustedInstaller has Full Control, Fishy SkypeApp - Similar Threads - access WindowsApps folder

2. How to revert the WindowsApps folder permission back to TrustedInstaller?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert the WindowsApps folder permission back to TrustedInstaller?: Just took ownership of WindowsApps folder by registry hack "Take Ownership" in right click menu and after exploring I want to revert the permission back to TrustedInstaller but I have no idea how....
  3. How to revert the WindowsApps folder permission back to TrustedInstaller?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to revert the WindowsApps folder permission back to TrustedInstaller?: Just took ownership of WindowsApps folder by registry hack "Take Ownership" in right click menu and after exploring I want to revert the permission back to TrustedInstaller but I have no idea how....
  4. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  5. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  6. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. TrustedInstaller has full control of everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    TrustedInstaller has full control of everything: I was following a guide for fixing the bsod error page_fault_in_none_paged_area. I had regedit open but did not change anything. TrustedInstaller is now the only "user" with full control. Every helppage I visit tells me to go to the security tab and 'change owner'....
  8. "This access control entry is corrupt" for the WindowsApps folder and nothing else

"This access control entry is corrupt" for the WindowsApps folder and nothing else: I receive the error message in the image below when I try to list the content of the WindowsApps folder. I know how to change the owner of the folder and correct the problem, but I don't want to start mucking around without knowing what I'm doing. Is this "problem" there...
  9. How do I gain full control over WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I gain full control over WindowsApps folder?: I want to install mods in my kingdom come copy, but I cant as it throws error 0x8000FFFF, hence not allowing my to do shit. I need to create folders, replace files and stuff. I could copy the files, but achievements are somewhat more important submitted by /u/iiTheBeast...
  10. MYNAME\Administrator has "Folder Access Denied" - to a folder it has "Full control" over

MYNAME\Administrator has "Folder Access Denied" - to a folder it has "Full control" over: I think the image says it a lot more succinctly than I could... [ATTACH] Do I need to changer the User Account Control Settings - remove notifications? - fact is, I didn't actually ask for access to this folder, the dialog box just popped up of its own accord. And I'll...