Windows 10: no access trueNAS on pc windows8.1 and access ok on pc windows10

Discus and support no access trueNAS on pc windows8.1 and access ok on pc windows10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed Truenas on an old pc and after having configured it I have access via the pc which is under windows10 but not on the one which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by didiersee, Dec 5, 2021.

1. didiersee Win User

no access trueNAS on pc windows8.1 and access ok on pc windows10

I have installed Truenas on an old pc and after having configured it I have access via the pc which is under windows10 but not on the one which is under windows8.1. Does anyone know how to help me please?

:)

didiersee, Dec 5, 2021

2. Error: Windows cannot access \\PC-Name, you do not have permission to access this pc. Contact your network administrator to request access, while trying to access one PC from another over network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing one PC from another PC over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are the entire PC’s running Windows 10 1809 build version?
    2. Have you tried accessing the PC using IP address of the PC?
    3. Are the PC’s connected to domain network?

I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

However, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019 and see if that helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 5, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Dec 5, 2021
  4. no access trueNAS on pc windows8.1 and access ok on pc windows10

Issues while accessing PC over the network

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing the PC’s over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Have you connected both the laptops to the same network through which the PC is connected?
    2. Which build version of Windows is installed on the PC’s?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try connecting the PC to the main router and see if you are able to access the laptops.

If you are able to access the laptops, then we need to configure the network settings once again. You can refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

no access trueNAS on pc windows8.1 and access ok on pc windows10

1. no access trueNAS on pc windows8.1 and access ok on pc windows10 - Similar Threads - access trueNAS windows8

2. Accessing a shared folder on 1 PC from another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing a shared folder on 1 PC from another.: I have 2 PCs. One is a Windows 10 desktop and the other is a Windows 11 laptop. About a year ago I set up a folder on my Windows 10 Desktop as a shared network folder. I then logged into my Windows 11 laptop and saved that folder and entered my credentials. I have been using...
  3. Accessing a shared folder on 1 PC from another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing a shared folder on 1 PC from another.: I have 2 PCs. One is a Windows 10 desktop and the other is a Windows 11 laptop. About a year ago I set up a folder on my Windows 10 Desktop as a shared network folder. I then logged into my Windows 11 laptop and saved that folder and entered my credentials. I have been using...
  4. Access to locked pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to locked pc: Hello, recently I just tried to test lock my pc with Microsoft account and when I locked it from device section in my dashboard, after that I'm not able to log in to windows, Even my Microsoft account's password don't work!and when I enter my password, I get this message:An...
  5. Access to locked pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to locked pc: Hello, recently I just tried to test lock my pc with Microsoft account and when I locked it from device section in my dashboard, after that I'm not able to log in to windows, Even my Microsoft account's password don't work!and when I enter my password, I get this message:An...
  6. no access trueNAS on pc windows8.1 and access ok on pc windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no access trueNAS on pc windows8.1 and access ok on pc windows10: I have installed Truenas on an old pc and after having configured it I have access via the pc which is under windows10 but not on the one which is under windows8.1. Does anyone know how to help me please?...
  7. Accessing PC's on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing PC's on network: I have a wifi network and on it I have my big PC, printer, NAS and my notebook computer. When trying to access my PC from my notebook I am asked for the network credentials to connect to my PC. It puts in my username but will not accept any of the passwords I try. My...
  8. How to access a Windows10 PC on the same network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to access a Windows10 PC on the same network?: The new Windows10 PC can see itself and the old PC in Windows Explorer\network. But the old Windows10 PC can only see itself. How do I get the old PC to see the new one?...
  9. Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC: I have the problem where I cannot access one particular website on only one of my pc, the site is christies.com I can access it on my phone and on my laptop, but on my pc i cannot access even with different browsers I keep getting connection was reset and secure connect...
  10. Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC: I have the problem where I cannot access one particular website on only one of my pc, the site is christies.com I can access it on my phone and on my laptop, but on my pc i cannot access even with different browsers I keep getting connection was reset and secure connect...